Game Thread Pistons@Wizards 1PM/EST 10/12/14 1PM

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Game Thread Pistons@Wizards 1PM/EST 10/12/14 1PM 

Post#81 » by Ruzious » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:15 pm

I'd compare Covington to Khris Middleton - similar skills and talent - both 23. Middleton got a shot with the Bucks last season and showed he belongs. Until last season, I think Covington had the better resume of the 2.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#82 » by dlts20 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:29 pm

are you guys insane? You think the best option in replacing one of the best 3pt sshooters in the league is Temple? Especially when you start 2 low post bigs and your PG isnt a consistent shooter? You guys want to be the Hornets or something? No, you get Wall a shooter on the floor. Im not counting on our only shooter in the starting unit being a old guy in Pierce who maybe doesnt even have a feel for Wall yet. Im playing OP, Rice, or Silas over Temple and its not even close
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#83 » by hands11 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:24 pm

jeffsays wrote:Calling it now, otto for the win.

Nope. Professor to Bone Crusher for the win.
hands11
Banned User

Post#84 » by hands11 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:37 am

Just watching the DET game again and wow.

Back to back plays.

Kevin S ran down and boxed Dummunds out and put him to the ground. They tried to feed him the ball but someone jumped in from his blind side to steal it.

Next play Kevin just back Dummunds down under the basket and dunked it on him. Sadly they called a foul on Drummonds before the shot with was Drummonds 2nd foul. KS made both FTs.

Kevin is looking a lot more physical.

Next play he got it on the elbow and patienially waited while player cut around him. He then handed it off and clear and then set up to pick Ottos man as he ran up from the baseline. Otto got clear and hand the 2.

Next play he keep contact with him hand and boxed him out.

Looks like Kevin is finally getting it.

The line up with Nene and KS up front. And when KS came out, Gortat came in. :D

Our front court is really going to be a load for other teams to stop this year with

Gortat, Nene, Hump, Kevin, Blair and Gooden
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#85 » by dlts20 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:44 am

hands11 wrote:Just watching the DET game again and wow.

Back to back plays.

Kevin S ran down and boxed Dummunds out and put him to the ground. They tried to feed him the ball but someone jumped in from his blind side to steal it.

Next play Kevin just back Dummunds down under the basket and dunked it on him. Sadly they called a foul on Drummonds before the shot with was Drummonds 2nd foul. KS made both FTs.

Kevin is looking a lot more physical.

Next play he got it on the elbow and patienially waited while player cut around him. He then handed it off and clear and then set up to pick Ottos man as he ran up from the baseline. Otto got clear and hand the 2.

Next play he keep contact with him hand and boxed him out.

Looks like Kevin is finally getting it.

The line up with Nene and KS up front. And when KS came out, Gortat came in. :D

Our front court is really going to be a load for other teams to stop this year with

Gortat, Nene, Hump, Kevin, Blair and Gooden

gift and the curse to me. I love depth but I also love giving guys minutes. It sucks that either some guys arent gonna get much playing time or that Witt will try to play alot of guys which may make them struggle from not getting consistent burn
hands11
Banned User

Post#86 » by hands11 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:09 am

^^

Well if Kevin can produce such that he wins the job, I have no problem using him instead of Blair. I would rather rest Blair and use him as break glass in case of emergency. Not that Blair won't be used some anyway. But its better to save those knees and know you have someone you can turn to and let Kevin keep it rolling if he can get it rolling.

And as is, we are down one Humphries so having the depth is good.

And thats not even mentioning we still have Gooden who can play some S4/S5

I like the front court we have. Its good we have at least one young bear down there in Kevin. I'm sure the older bigs like it as well. Keeps them a little younger having a project to work on.

The last two games Kevin had

9 rebounds 3 blocks in 16 mins with 4 pts
8 rebounds 1 block in 22 mins with 14 pts

:nod:

Return to Washington Wizards