ImageImageImageImageImage

Why Kevin Seraphin Could Have A Breakout Season

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Re: Re: 

Post#261 » by Dat2U » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:46 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:Not that Seraphin's defense is hot **** or anything.

Blair has played 64 minutes this year. How do you gleam anything from that? I made the same case about Glen Rice Jr's 43 minutes earlier this year.

Blair over the course of his career (6,700 minutes+) is a mediocre defender in the post. Not terrible, not unplayable, just backup quality...

Seraphin over the course of his career (4,700 minutes+) is a poor defender in the post. He's consistently been one of the worst rotation bigs the last few years including this season.

Seraphin is not a better post defender than Blair.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,353

Post#262 » by nate33 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:55 pm

Dat2U wrote:

Blair has played 64 minutes this year. How do you gleam anything from that? I made the same case about Glen Rice Jr's 43 minutes earlier this year.

Blair over the course of his career (6,700 minutes+) is a mediocre defender in the post. Not terrible, not unplayable, just backup quality...

Seraphin over the course of his career (4,700 minutes+) is a poor defender in the post. He's consistently been one of the worst rotation bigs the last few years including this season.

According to ESPN's Real Plus-Minus Rating, Seraphin is only a modestly bad defender, better than Blair and guys like Dieng, Speights and Kaman and not much worse than guys like Mosgov, Splitter, Mohammed and Thompson. (Blair's sample size is far too small to be useful though.)

ESPN says that Seraphin sucks on offense, which is in agreement with Nivek. Seraphin's turnovers, lack of offensive rebounding, and lack of free throw attempts appear to hurt us more than his above-average FG% helps.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#263 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:58 pm

Dat2U wrote:

My impression is that people around the league feel Blair has no chance defending taller players - despite his long arms. Whether or not that's fair or not - I don't know, but sometimes appearance trumps fairness.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Why Kevin Seraphin Could Have A Breakout Season 

Post#264 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:20 pm

nate33 wrote:
hands11 wrote:Did anyone else catch Phil and Buck saying...

Kevin S is 5th in pts scored in the 4th quarter 94 pts

While looking for a site that show that, I found this..

Pts per min. Kevin is 77th
http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/player-stat/points

Hands11, I found this. It's the 4th quarter eFG% of all players with at least 50 made FGs in the 4th quarter.

Seraphin ranks 21st in FG's made in the 4th quarter, but he ranks 5th in eFG% and 2nd in FG% among high volume 4th quarter shooters. Interestingly, Rasual Butler ranks favorably on this list as well. I couldn't figure out a way to incorporate FT's though. In reality some of the other names on this list may surpass Seraphin and Butler once you account for their ability to get to the line.

Nice find. Expect what they showed on the TV, it was by pts. I can rewind the DVR and write down the list tonight.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#265 » by tontoz » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:21 pm

nate33 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:

According to ESPN's Real Plus-Minus Rating, Seraphin is only a modestly bad defender, better than Blair and guys like Dieng, Speights and Kaman and not much worse than guys like Mosgov, Splitter, Mohammed and Thompson. (Blair's sample size is far too small to be useful though.)

ESPN says that Seraphin sucks on offense, which is in agreement with Nivek. Seraphin's turnovers, lack of offensive rebounding, and lack of free throw attempts appear to hurt us more than his above-average FG% helps.

If it wasn't for his excessive fouls and lack of defensive rebounds Seraphin would easily be a plus defender.

People seem to forget how easily other teams could score on pick and rolls when McGee was here. It was an automatic layup. But when Seraphin gets switched on a guard they rarely get to the basket and score.

Seraphin is the only player i have ever seen who has gotten a block on a guy who caught an alley oop pass.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#266 » by nate33 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:32 pm

hands11 wrote:Did anyone else catch Phil and Buck saying...

Kevin S is 5th in pts scored in the 4th quarter 94 pts

While looking for a site that show that, I found this..

Pts per min. Kevin is 77th
http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/player-stat/points

Seraphin has scored 138 4th quarter points, which ranks him 57th in total 4th quarter points scored. That's decent, but not really among the leaders. Seraphin looks good if you compare his 4th quarter FG% to other high-scoring players, but his aggregate totals aren't particularly notable.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#267 » by Dat2U » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:39 pm

Nivek wrote:Sorta agree, but...Seraphin is getting 7.1 4th quarter minutes per game -- 59% of the time. Gortat plays 4.7 minutes: 39% of the time. And, the +/- data tells us the Wizards are generally getting their asses kicked when Seraphin is in the game during the 4th quarter.

I completely disagree that Seraphin is "providing a much needed service" to the bench. He costs the team in so many other ways that his ability to make shots is overwhelmed.

This. His scoring success is completely muted when taking to account everything he isn't bringing to the table. Our defense takes a big hit and so does our offense, despite any individual success he may have. Seraphin is the absolute epitomy of fools gold. Good enough skill to tease and earn minutes, bad enough to kill you every time he steps on a court.
hands11
Banned User

Post#268 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:17 pm

Ranked by FGs made, that is an impressive list of names for him to show up on.

1 Damian Lillard
2 Monta Ellis
3 Anhony Davis
4 Kyie Irving
5 Dwyane Wade
6 Jamal Crawford
7 Kyle Lowry
8 LeBron James
9 Carmelo Anthony
10 Al Horford
11 Gerald Green
12 Mike Conley
13 Wesley Matthews
14 Aaron Brooks
15 James Harden
16 Kemba Walker
17 DeMarcus Cousins
18 Tyreke Evans
19 LaMarcus Aldridge
20 Kevin Seraphin

You take the good from that and asked, can he or is he showing improvement on the things the detract from that so there is a better net effect ?

Because he just turned 25 in December. He is 6-10 280. He only have 289 game played over 4.5 seasons. That 64 games a year. And last year he was mostly fighting a bad knee all year and only averaged 10 minutes a game.

I think there are 5 players on that list younger then him. 2 are post players. Their names are ..

Anthony Davies
Boogie Cousins

My biggest concern regarding Kevin is his brain, maturity and consistent drive to dominate the boards and he does appear to be improving in all those areas.

So the question that remains is, is he making progress ? yes
Is the mentoring they have on the team having an effect ? yes
And how much more can he improving in those areas ?

My gut says, if he was able to continue on the path he is on "right now" in two years, you could have a pretty impressive player that could dominate during stretches. Both offensively and defensively. I would expect it to be a steady progression. You could have a reliable contributor with a much better net effect later this year and increasing through next year.

I don't see Kevin will reach his peak until he is 27/28
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#269 » by Dat2U » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:30 pm

hands11 wrote:Ranked by FGs made, that is an impressive list of names for him to show up on.

1 Damian Lillard
2 Monta Ellis
3 Anhony Davis
4 Kyie Irving
5 Dwyane Wade
6 Jamal Crawford
7 Kyle Lowry
8 LeBron James
9 Carmelo Anthony
10 Al Horford
11 Gerald Green
12 Mike Conley
13 Wesley Matthews
14 Aaron Brooks
15 James Harden
16 Kemba Walker
17 DeMarcus Cousins
18 Tyreke Evans
19 LaMarcus Aldridge
20 Kevin Seraphin

One of these names is not like the others.
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 378

Post#270 » by Benjammin » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:56 pm

Seraphin is the poster child for the saber-metrics vs. eyeball test debate. By the eyeball test, Seraphin's scoring is impressive and he "flashes" at times. He looks like a basketball player. But when you look at the actual numbers and production, the shine loses its luster greatly. The converse for Blair. He looks like a defensive end in a 3-4. He can be awkward. It can be painful to watch. But when you look at his production (during his career, not this season, sample size is tiny) it's pretty good. If Seraphin is doing impressive things in practice to also earn this time, then hopefully that will translate on the court. He's the classic guy if you play him enough he'll get the coach fired and everyone blames the coach, not for playing him, but simply for losing too much.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#271 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:19 am

Zonkerbl wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:I don't really see it, CCJ.

I think Blair is OK but I don't think he's as talented as Kevin.

Especially from an offensive standpoint.

Do you see Blair as the type of player that you can run an offense through?

Honestly, I don't.

Blair is a better rebounder, I'll give him that.

Fair enough, Wizardspride. I suspect Coach Wittman and most Wizards fans who only have seen a little of Blair feel the same way you do.

Blair has a body of work. As a rookie he started for Popovich on the Spurs.

That alone should tell you he's better than Seraphin as far as I'm concerned. But he had some issues with fouls. He played a year for Dallas. Played less than another underappreciated talent, Brandan Wright. Bounced from their to the Wizards. Where he's got to compete with FOUR YEAR WIZARD, Kevin Seraphin. Think the coach could have a bias? I certainly do. Heck, even Gooden is ahead of Blair in the rotation.

Do I see Blair as the type of player I can run an offense through? Yes. He doesn't have Kevin Seraphin's smooth hook, silky face up, and lightening quick first two steps. Blair doesn't bringing thunder on his dunks. He doesn't LOOK as smooth as Seraphin.

How would you compare the two? I will use CAREER PER 100 POSSESSIONS.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... rde01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... pke01.html

G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS ORtg DRtg
380 179 6720 9.2 17.4 .529 0.0 0.1 .000 9.2 17.4 .531 2.9 4.7 .611 6.0 9.9 15.9 2.6 2.3 1.0 3.4 7.1 21.3 107 102
288 31 4756 9.1 18.4 .494 0.0 0.0 .000 9.1 18.4 .494 2.1 2.9 .713 4.2 7.2 11.5 1.6 0.7 2.4 3.6 7.3 20.3 96 105

Blair scores more on less FGA. He shoots at a higher %. He gets to the FT line 60% more often. (Kevin is a much better FT shooter). Blair is a MUCH better rebounder. Blair is a MUCH better passer. He actually turns it over around the same and fouls around the same; but he gives you more efficient scoring, many more possessions, MUCH BETTER OFFENSE BECAUSE HE'S NOT A BLACK HOLE. See the points, offensive rating, and defensive rating? Blair is higher in all of those.

Now the bias of course is Blair has cleaner stats, having played with San Antonio and Dallas. Kevin would have better stats if he played with those teams.

I would say rebounding and passing clearly favor Blair.
Kevin has go to moves, but Blair gets good looks and makes a better percentage of shots because he's a smarter player.

In Wittman's defense, Blair looked like **** on defense. I won't ever forgive EJ for playing Etan over Haywood. So in a similar vein I can't fault Wittman for giving minutes to the player who is better at defense. Not that Seraphin's defense is hot **** or anything.

Ask someone to step out of their comfort zone or do something they're not good at and that tends to happen.

You have just demonstrated the difference between a good coach and a great coach. A great coach uses personnel to their maximum potential. A good coach gets guys who fits his system and predetermined roles.

Blair looked damned good carrying Pittsburg to the Final Four.

Every 20 point/20 rebound NBA GAME Blair has had he's looked better than every other Wizard on this roster. He's the ONLY ONE ON THE TEAM CAPABLE OF IT until somebody else does it.

Zonker, I know what I'm talking about and the post above featured YEARS OF FREAKING RESULTS THAT TO ME PROVE BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT BLAIR IS BETTER THAN SERAPHIN.

People see what they want to see.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#272 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:20 am

I don't care how good Kevin Seraphin gets, he still won't be as good as Dejuan Blair already is.
Bye bye Beal.
hands11
Banned User

Post#273 » by hands11 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:39 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I don't care how good Kevin Seraphin gets, he still won't be as good as Dejuan Blair already is.

sounds like a Blair appreciation thread is in order.
RealGM

Post#274 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:12 am

Good idea.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#275 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:28 am

Ruzious wrote:
Dat2U wrote:

My impression is that people around the league feel Blair has no chance defending taller players - despite his long arms. Whether or not that's fair or not - I don't know, but sometimes appearance trumps fairness.

Most of them don't have a genius IQ, a BS in Mathematics, an MS in Education, and forty years of watching basketball experience.

Most of them FEEL HE HAS NO CHANCE because THEY LOOK AND SEE ...

They wouldn't understand the analogy that the better pilots don't fly by sight but rather they're instrument flight rated. No, I'm no pilot but my father was.
--I expect to be hated. People like you when you're modest. More like them. Appear non-threatening and very sociable and politically correct.
--After my 2014, I'm grateful to be alive and I know God is good all the time. I cannot be liked by everyone nor do I wish to be.I
--I am just tired of seeing this team piss on Blair's minutes. I think the coach needs to be called out on it.
--I am really PLEASED with the Wizards and I think Seraphin is a good young man.

Wall, Beal, Porter, Seraphin, Blair is a five I would like to see for about 5-7 minutes just for giggles.
Bye bye Beal.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,185

Post#276 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
Fair enough, Wizardspride. I suspect Coach Wittman and most Wizards fans who only have seen a little of Blair feel the same way you do.

Blair has a body of work. As a rookie he started for Popovich on the Spurs.

That alone should tell you he's better than Seraphin as far as I'm concerned. But he had some issues with fouls. He played a year for Dallas. Played less than another underappreciated talent, Brandan Wright. Bounced from their to the Wizards. Where he's got to compete with FOUR YEAR WIZARD, Kevin Seraphin. Think the coach could have a bias? I certainly do. Heck, even Gooden is ahead of Blair in the rotation.

Do I see Blair as the type of player I can run an offense through? Yes. He doesn't have Kevin Seraphin's smooth hook, silky face up, and lightening quick first two steps. Blair doesn't bringing thunder on his dunks. He doesn't LOOK as smooth as Seraphin.

How would you compare the two? I will use CAREER PER 100 POSSESSIONS.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... rde01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... pke01.html

G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS ORtg DRtg
380 179 6720 9.2 17.4 .529 0.0 0.1 .000 9.2 17.4 .531 2.9 4.7 .611 6.0 9.9 15.9 2.6 2.3 1.0 3.4 7.1 21.3 107 102
288 31 4756 9.1 18.4 .494 0.0 0.0 .000 9.1 18.4 .494 2.1 2.9 .713 4.2 7.2 11.5 1.6 0.7 2.4 3.6 7.3 20.3 96 105

Blair scores more on less FGA. He shoots at a higher %. He gets to the FT line 60% more often. (Kevin is a much better FT shooter). Blair is a MUCH better rebounder. Blair is a MUCH better passer. He actually turns it over around the same and fouls around the same; but he gives you more efficient scoring, many more possessions, MUCH BETTER OFFENSE BECAUSE HE'S NOT A BLACK HOLE. See the points, offensive rating, and defensive rating? Blair is higher in all of those.

Now the bias of course is Blair has cleaner stats, having played with San Antonio and Dallas. Kevin would have better stats if he played with those teams.

I would say rebounding and passing clearly favor Blair.
Kevin has go to moves, but Blair gets good looks and makes a better percentage of shots because he's a smarter player.

In Wittman's defense, Blair looked like **** on defense. I won't ever forgive EJ for playing Etan over Haywood. So in a similar vein I can't fault Wittman for giving minutes to the player who is better at defense. Not that Seraphin's defense is hot **** or anything.

Ask someone to step out of their comfort zone or do something they're not good at and that tends to happen.

You have just demonstrated the difference between a good coach and a great coach. A great coach uses personnel to their maximum potential. A good coach gets guys who fits his system and predetermined roles.

Blair looked damned good carrying Pittsburg to the Final Four.

Every 20 point/20 rebound NBA GAME Blair has had he's looked better than every other Wizard on this roster. He's the ONLY ONE ON THE TEAM CAPABLE OF IT until somebody else does it.

Zonker, I know what I'm talking about and the post above featured YEARS OF FREAKING RESULTS THAT TO ME PROVE BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT BLAIR IS BETTER THAN SERAPHIN.

People see what they want to see.

You mad?

:P

I agree with you, btw. I think Blair is the better player and I think Wittman knows it but is using KS for context-specific reasons.

KS is similar to Booker in that he is pretty good at one on one defense but is a step slow rotating in team defense. Blair is a smart player who I imagine makes his rotations on team defense just fine but is a little short and slow footed to defend taller players who can take him off the dribble.

Now I've only seen him play a couple games but that's what I see. I imagine Wittman sees, in KS, someone whose flaws he can hide by having him come off the bench, and he needs a reliable scorer, which KS is. I don't necessarily agree with him but I think that's what's going on.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#277 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:56 pm

I think the fact that Blair settled on signing here for chump change backs up my opinion.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
hands11
Banned User

Post#278 » by hands11 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:13 pm

Benjammin wrote:Seraphin is the poster child for the saber-metrics vs. eyeball test debate. By the eyeball test, Seraphin's scoring is impressive and he "flashes" at times. He looks like a basketball player. But when you look at the actual numbers and production, the shine loses its luster greatly. The converse for Blair. He looks like a defensive end in a 3-4. He can be awkward. It can be painful to watch. But when you look at his production (during his career, not this season, sample size is tiny) it's pretty good. If Seraphin is doing impressive things in practice to also earn this time, then hopefully that will translate on the court. He's the classic guy if you play him enough he'll get the coach fired and everyone blames the coach, not for playing him, but simply for losing too much.

Actually, I think he is the poster child for what they are doing. Developing him and getting him minutes on a team with enough mature players to mentor him until the game slows down, he addresses his areas of weakness, and it all comes together.

His body is ready this year. He slimmed down and kept his strength which gaining quickness and endurance.

What most plagued Kevin was NBA IQ. I.E. The game slowing down. Passing out of doubles. Passing in general. Him playing to fast because the game was so fast and he didn't understand all his options or have experience in dealing with the traps. And that forced him to the one thing he knows he can do as a way out...which is shoot/score. Totally understandable he would default back to something he knows best.

First time I saw him practicing he was putting in time on those hooks. left and right handed. Over and over and over. And I thought, now that nice to see. He wasn't shooting 3s like McGee might have been doing during practice.

The mid range last year was inconsistent because he would often fade backward when shooting it. He has mostly fixed that. Now he goes straight up and is balanced.

He also now has the ability to move and pass the ball around in the context of the offense which he hardly had at all last year. Last year he was just starting to learn how to pass out of the double.

And as of recently, seems he is finishing more often with dunks and I have seen some much better rebounding where he is moving to he ball better or just in the right position period for the ball to land in his hands.

Kevin is a classic example of a young skilled player who wasn't the most mature of people as a young player who needed to keep putting in the work and needed to gather floor time on a team of mature players so he could reach his potential. And he just needed to grow up in general. Bradley Beal he was not. He was closer to a McGee but a think more mentally grounded.

With Kevin, I see one elite skill. I don't think there is, or if there is there aren't many, better at left and right post move iso hook shots. Dude is elite at that. He also runs the floor really really well for his size. And now he can pass out of the post or just rebound and pass.

If he can learn from Nene how to be a elite team defender and if he can improve his rebounding, well now you have something.

And that's important to remember. Nene is his primary mentor and what I see in Kevin is someone who can replicate pretty much everything Nene does. I even noticed him recently doing the post Nene move where he holds the defender off and has the ball out palmed in one hand before initiating his move. Nene also has left and right hook moves. And a mid range. Kevin also has those things. And he has potential to be a much better FT shooter.

For Kevin, he just needs to keep putting in the work, improve in areas of weakness that he can actually do as he learns, and the game will continue to slow down for him. That's what happens once you can read what going on out there and you understand all your options better along with understanding and trusting your own skills.

What he most lacks, that Nene has, is experience and a warrior mature attitude. But I see that improving as well.

Kevin is a very lucky young man. This is pretty much the perfect team and situation for him this year. The winning. The minutes. The mentoring. The Nene, Gortat, Paul, A Miller, Gooden, Rasual vets. Some younger players to connect with as well in Wall, Beal, and Otto. A coach that can teach him the thing he most needed to improve which is team defense.

Short of him being on the SAS, not sure this was a better situation for him this year.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#279 » by nate33 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:50 pm

hands11 wrote:Actually, I think he is the poster child for what they are doing. Developing him and getting him minutes on a team with enough mature players to mentor him until the game slows down, he addresses his areas of weakness, and it all comes together.

His body is ready this year. He slimmed down and kept his strength which gaining quickness and endurance.

What most plagued Kevin was NBA IQ. I.E. The game slowing down. Passing out of doubles. Passing in general. Him playing to fast because the game was so fast and he didn't understand all his options or have experience in dealing with the traps. And that forced him to the one thing he knows he can do as a way out...which is shoot/score. Totally understandable he would default back to something he knows best.

First time I saw him practicing he was putting in time on those hooks. left and right handed. Over and over and over. And I thought, now that nice to see. He wasn't shooting 3s like McGee might have been doing during practice.

The mid range last year was inconsistent because he would often fade backward when shooting it. He has mostly fixed that. Now he goes straight up and is balanced.

He also now has the ability to move and pass the ball around in the context of the offense which he hardly had at all last year. Last year he was just starting to learn how to pass out of the double.

And as of recently, seems he is finishing more often with dunks and I have seen some much better rebounding where he is moving to he ball better or just in the right position period for the ball to land in his hands.

Kevin is a classic example of a young skilled player who wasn't the most mature of people as a young player who needed to keep putting in the work and needed to gather floor time on a team of mature players so he could reach his potential. And he just needed to grow up in general. Bradley Beal he was not. He was closer to a McGee but a think more mentally grounded.

With Kevin, I see one elite skill. I don't think there is, or if there is there aren't many, better at left and right post move iso hook shots. Dude is elite at that. He also runs the floor really really well for his size. And now he can pass out of the post or just rebound and pass.

If he can learn from Nene how to be a elite team defender and if he can improve his rebounding, well now you have something.

And that's important to remember. Nene is his primary mentor and what I see in Kevin is someone who can replicate pretty much everything Nene does. I even noticed him recently doing the post Nene move where he holds the defender off and has the ball out palmed in one hand before initiating his move. Nene also has left and right hook moves. And a mid range. Kevin also has those things. And he has potential to be a much better FT shooter.

For Kevin, he just needs to keep putting in the work, improve in areas of weakness that he can actually do as he learns, and the game will continue to slow down for him. That's what happens once you can read what going on out there and you understand all your options better along with understanding and trusting your own skills.

What he most lacks, that Nene has, is experience and a warrior mature attitude. But I see that improving as well.

Kevin is a very lucky young man. This is pretty much the perfect team and situation for him this year. The winning. The minutes. The mentoring. The Nene, Gortat, Paul, A Miller, Gooden, Rasual vets. Some younger players to connect with as well in Wall, Beal, and Otto. A coach that can teach him the thing he most needed to improve which is team defense.

Short of him being on the SAS, not sure this was a better situation for him this year.

I know the advanced stats say that Seraphin stinks, but I can't help feeling hopeful for the guy. Hands11 is serving the kool-aid and I'm drinking it up.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#280 » by tontoz » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:54 pm

nate33 wrote:I know the advanced stats say that Seraphin stinks, but I can't help feeling hopeful for the guy. Hands11 is serving the kool-aid and I'm drinking it up.

Remember that hands makes kook-aid, not kool-aid. Proceed with caution.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD

Return to Washington Wizards