Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 5

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves Part 5 

Post#1981 » by montestewart » Tue Jul 5, 2016 2:46 am

closg00 wrote:The Pacers want to give Lance Stevenson a multi-year deal!?! Why?

He was decent there only a few years ago. Good rebounding guard, has an OK long ball, he's only 25. If the price is right, I can see them taking a risk, and maybe they think he'll behave better with George and Vogel.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1982 » by LyricalRico » Tue Jul 5, 2016 2:52 am

montestewart wrote:

He was decent there only a few years ago. Good rebounding guard, has an OK long ball, he's only 25. If the price is right, I can see them taking a risk, and maybe they think he'll behave better with George and Vogel.

Vogel's gone, but you're right that the organization knows how to deal with him. As long as it's cheap, he should be a fine 6th man for them.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1983 » by montestewart » Tue Jul 5, 2016 3:05 am

LyricalRico wrote:
montestewart wrote:

Vogel's gone, but you're right that the organization knows how to deal with him. As long as it's cheap, he should be a fine 6th man for them.

Oh yeah, McMillan. Hard to keep up.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,365

Post#1984 » by verbal8 » Tue Jul 5, 2016 3:33 am

montestewart wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:
montestewart wrote:He was decent there only a few years ago. Good rebounding guard, has an OK long ball, he's only 25. If the price is right, I can see them taking a risk, and maybe they think he'll behave better with George and Vogel.

Oh yeah, McMillan. Hard to keep up.

It is the kind of calculated risk that makes a lot of sense in this crazy Free Agency environment. You could argue whatever they offer him is justified more by his demonstrated updside than Beal's general average production has justified a max deal.

Return to Washington Wizards