ImageImageImageImageImage

Cheer Me Up About This Team

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran
And1: 318

Cheer Me Up About This Team 

Post#1 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:03 am

Guys, I need a pick-me-up. I'm really down on this team. John Wall has been amazing but other than that do we have anyone who is above average at their role? We're really old and we're only going to get older. We have two young guys in Beal and Porter but Beal is always injured and, honestly, hasn't played that well when's healthy. Otto has been pretty disappointing. I'm afraid we peaked last year and that we're not going to get better anytime soon.

Cheer me up! Put on your rose colored glasses and tell me why I'm wrong and that we have hope to be a top-5 team some day soon.
wizfactor94
Rookie
And1: 384

Re: Cheer Me Up About This Team 

Post#2 » by wizfactor94 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:31 am

Not a lot to be cheerful about

The one thing I can say is , no matter what, when the playoffs start , its a whole new season and the team can step it up.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#3 » by nuposse04 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:36 am

EG drafted flawed players and expected Randy to develop them, that was the first mistake. And when EG realized Randy can't actually coach and develop players he brought in overpriced flawed veterans (albeit somewhat productive against marginal talent). We are seeing the limitations of their methods, and Ted seems content with just sporting a treadmill team by letting these guy finish out the season. Even if we were to fire both of em now, it shouldn't affect our playoff outlook, so to me at least, might as well purge both those buffoons from the franchise.

As to cheering you up, I doubt you see any reason to by seasons end, since Ted seems to like to take the cheap easy way out.
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#4 » by MJG » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:39 am

If you happen to live in Ohio, the team just gave you 50% off your pizza order tomorrow.
20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran

Post#5 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:41 am

You're supposed to cheer me up!
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#6 » by tontoz » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:47 am

20MexicanosIn1Van wrote:Guys, I need a pick-me-up. I'm really down on this team. John Wall has been amazing but other than that do we have anyone who is above average at their role? We're really old and we're only going to get older. We have two young guys in Beal and Porter but Beal is always injured and, honestly, hasn't played that well when's healthy. Otto has been pretty disappointing. I'm afraid we peaked last year and that we're not going to get better anytime soon.

Cheer me up! Put on your rose colored glasses and tell me why I'm wrong and that we have hope to be a top-5 team some day soon.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1296633#start_here
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#7 » by JWizmentality » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:58 am

Milellie111 won't be around again until some token win.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#8 » by Dat2U » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:00 am

MJG wrote:If you happen to live in Ohio, the team just gave you 50% off your pizza order tomorrow.

I find this relevant to my interests.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#9 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:10 am

Got nothing for you.
In Rizzo we trust
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#10 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:39 am

And another thing before I head to bed. Now that Fart is out of the league, Martell might be the worst player in the NBA.
In Rizzo we trust
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,162

Post#11 » by AFM » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:41 am

Dat2U wrote:
MJG wrote:If you happen to live in Ohio, the team just gave you 50% off your pizza order tomorrow.

I find this relevant to my interests.

Stuffing your face won't make the pain go away.
20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran

Post#12 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:04 pm

This play was awesome. Let that cheer you up.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5fFLy63Gho[/youtube]
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#13 » by nate33 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:16 pm

John Wall is the only reason for optimism. In 2016, we could try and completely reset with John Wall and free agents. The only other guy that excites me at all right now is Porter. I really think he's going to be a good pro.

I'm really down on Beal. My biggest reason for hope is that I think he's got a great attitude and work ethic. He's definitely going to put in the hours in the offseason. That said, I really think his upside is limited by his lack of shake-and-bake off the handle. He just doesn't know how to get separation and I'm not sure that's something you learn at age 22.

There's nobody else on the team that isn't on the downside of their career. It's depressing.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#14 » by WallToWall » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:28 pm

there is reason to be optimistic. We have a very good PG in Wall. Not many teams can say that. We have a developing SG in Beal who has already shown promise in being able to hit the open J, and the 3 pointer with regularity. He, much like Wall was 3 years ago, is right now 2 years away from "bringin' it". It will be great to see him develop into another very good player as Wall is in the middle of his peek. Porter is also another good complementary player whose development will show dividends in 2 years. Right about that time (2 years), we will have lots of cap flexibility to sign some great/good players to round out the roster and make a run.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#15 » by Ruzious » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:31 pm

We might get Milwaukee in the first round of the playoffs. Then one of my 2 favorite teams will advance in the playoffs.

Oh, that probably only cheers me up. :)
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,015

Post#16 » by dckingsfan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:54 pm

We will be above .500 at the end of the season for the second straight season. Wall is a beast. Beal and Porter could still pan out.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#17 » by closg00 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:31 pm

We will have a good bounce-back win against someone and we will fight hard in the playoffs the first 2-3 games.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#18 » by JWizmentality » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:00 pm

We will barely surpass last season's win total. We will bow out of the playoffs with a whimper, all of which will guarantee Randy will not be here next season.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#19 » by FAH1223 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:33 pm

Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#20 » by Sluggerface » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:05 pm

20MexicanosIn1Van wrote:Guys, I need a pick-me-up. I'm really down on this team. John Wall has been amazing but other than that do we have anyone who is above average at their role? We're really old and we're only going to get older. We have two young guys in Beal and Porter but Beal is always injured and, honestly, hasn't played that well when's healthy. Otto has been pretty disappointing. I'm afraid we peaked last year and that we're not going to get better anytime soon.

I don't think you should be that down on Porter and Beal, although the current coaching staff leaves a lot to be desired in terms of development.

A lot of guys take years before they develop into quality players. I disagree that Otto has been disappointing. At his age, he's done extremely well with the limited opportunities that have been given to him. He's posting higher defensive/offensive ratings than Beal, a higher TS% and higher win shares per 48. He's done very well for a guy who's basically performing in his rookie year. Otto also has a chance to be one of those rare combo forward types who can be productive at both forward positions due to his size and build. Beal has been the biggest disappointment on the team imo. He's dangerously treading water of being a net negative player (again) and has really only provided the team with spacing. Thankfully, the potential is still there and it generally takes a while for 2-guards to develop.

Return to Washington Wizards