ImageImageImageImageImage

GT#59: Wizards @ 76ers 7:00 PM (CSNP, CBaP, CSNB) 2-27-2015

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: GT#59: Wizards @ 76ers 7:00 PM (CSNP, CBaP, CSNB) 2-27-2015 

Post#201 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:49 am

queridiculo wrote:Obviously the Wizards just need to play harder and make their shots, am I right Randy?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Yeah.. Need that defense to generate their offense.

That's who they are ... LOL

Ya see... until we figure this out.. we are going to keep making the same mistakes.

LOL

You know Randy is coaching scared when we see Gortat down the stretch instead of Nene
Hidden Eye
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Post#202 » by Hidden Eye » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:51 am

Wiz are nothing like last year Pacers. Pacers melted after they traded Danny Granger and in playoffs.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,867

Post#203 » by Wizardspride » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:52 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Tyrone Messby wrote:Wall didn't care tonight. It was obvious he was trying to get Wittman fired.

Wall shot 7-26 FG. :noway:

The Wizards only scored 81 points and only shot 30-93FG (32.3%), and 4-17 3PT (23.5%)

When Randy Wittman enters the locker room, John Wall may as well say, "Dead Man Walking".

Honestly, Wall's 7-26 doesn't bother me.

My biggest gripe with him is that he doesn't look for his shot enough.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#204 » by JWizmentality » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:52 am

Regardless of what happens to Randy, what really concerns me is that he has ingrained really bad basketball into this squad. Very undisciplined basketball. Amateurish and incompetent. It has been my biggest problem with him since they decided to keep this fool.
wizfactor94
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#205 » by wizfactor94 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:52 am

dlts20 wrote:
wizfactor94 wrote:
dlts20 wrote:I hope this is a joke. Wall has carried us this year. He's not allowed a slump? Its also at the same time when everyone is fed up with Witt so its just like he's hating his job right now. Everyonen looks like crap in those situations. Leonsis needs to make a change

Sounds like an excuse...although i wont go all the way with saying hes a mediocre player, he definently has no jumper.

That jumper thing is so wek and not true. He hasnt shot the 3 well this year but his 2pt J has been as good as anyone until this short slump. People forget that Wall just shot 50% for the whole month of December, 47% for the whole month of Jan, and was shooting and was again shooting 47% this month until his last 4 games. Its like people literally forgot Wall has been excellent the last 2 and a half months because of these last 4 games where the whole team has sucked. He was easily the best PG in the East over that stretch and top 5 in the game. People quickly forget and he shot those high FG percentages still with mostly all jumpers. Lookk it up

I go through games where he hits the jumper with some consistancy, but they are all the same type of jumpers,

Open top of the key type jumpers with a defense somewhat lagging off, but not completely ( which i think actually helps him more than being open) ...his jumper just looks so broke, short rim, off to the site, some of his jumpers he doesnt look right. He is just not a shooter type point guard,

Lowry, Curry, Irving, guys liike this look fluid shooting the ball, Wall just seems like hes throwing it up there , he only looks comfortable when hes dribbling and shooting that top of the key jumper, other than that, his jumper is complete garbage.

Ive seen him shoot jumpers well in some games, but I also see games where he looks like Rajon Rondo.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#206 » by dlts20 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:52 am

Hidden Eye wrote:Wiz are nothing like last year Pacers. Pacers melted after they traded Danny Granger and in playoffs.

What? First off Granger sucks and had basically nothing to do with there success. Also, Indy fell off way way way before the playoffs
hands11
Banned User

Post#207 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:55 am

AFM wrote:Wizards lose to Philadelphia?
Randy still has a job?

I think its safe to say... that's a wrap folks.

This is how EFJ went
This is how Saunder went

Not that we needed to see back to back loses to MIN and PHI to know Randy needs to go, but its kind of the cherry on top.

Just frustrated we could have gone after SVG while he was still available.

bealwithit
Bench Warmer
And1: 616

Post#208 » by bealwithit » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:56 am

dlts20 wrote:
Hidden Eye wrote:Wiz are nothing like last year Pacers. Pacers melted after they traded Danny Granger and in playoffs.

What? First off Granger sucks and had basically nothing to do with there success. Also, Indy fell off way way way before the playoffs

The thing with Granger was that it was perceived by many that trading him messed up the team chemistry because he was well-liked in the locker room and had been with the team for a while. He did suck, but chemistry is pretty important. A similar thing mentioned in this thread has been not having Sam Cassell on the sidelines for us this season.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#209 » by AFM » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:57 am

I've been sober for 4 weeks now but really considering buying a 6 pack
Someone help me
evolushunize
Junior
And1: 54

Re: Re: GT#59: Wizards @ 76ers 7:00 PM (CSNP, CBaP, CSNB) 2-27-2015 

Post#210 » by evolushunize » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:00 am

AFM wrote:I've been sober for 4 weeks now but really considering buying a 6 pack
Someone help me

Drink some red wine instead. Healthier and gives u a better buzz. I just drank two bottles.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using RealGM Forums mobile app
dlts20
RealGM

Post#211 » by dlts20 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:00 am

bealwithit wrote:
dlts20 wrote:

The thing with Granger was that it was perceived by many that trading him messed up the team chemistry because he was well-liked in the locker room and had been with the team for a while. He did suck, but chemistry is pretty important. A similar thing mentioned in this thread has been not having Sam Cassell on the sidelines for us this season.

look, Im a Sam Cassell fan as a player and a team guy but please, dont let the door hit him in his back. Sam was one of the worst things for this team in terms of he helped Wall's floor game and jumper but he's literally another Flip/Witt disciple. He believes in shooting jumper all game. Wilbon was talking about bringing him back to be teh coach. Is he insane. We would be seeing the same exact offense again from teh 3rd straight coach. He was another guy who encouraged Wall & Beal to take those horrible shots
bealwithit
Bench Warmer
And1: 616

Post#212 » by bealwithit » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:02 am

dlts20 wrote:
bealwithit wrote:
dlts20 wrote:What? First off Granger sucks and had basically nothing to do with there success. Also, Indy fell off way way way before the playoffs

look, Im a Sam Cassell fan as a player and a team guy but please, dont let the door hit him in his back. Sam was one of the worst things for this team in terms of he helped Wall's floor game and jumper but he's literally another Flip/Witt disciple. He believes in shooting jumper all game. Wilbon was talking about bringing him back to be teh coach. Is he insane. We would be seeing the same exact offense again from teh 3rd straight coach

I agree. I've got no real opinion on the guy as a coach, just that Wall and Beal clearly liked him a lot. But hey, in the end he's just an assistant coach. The team sucks for many different reasons and this is at the bottom of that list.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#213 » by Dat2U » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:03 am

If Leonsis actually has a pulse, I would think a blowout loss to Detroit tomorrow would be the nail in the coffin... for at least Wittman.
hands11
Banned User

Post#214 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:04 am

bealwithit wrote:
dlts20 wrote:

No Sam. No Professor.

But Wall has Randy to teach him. Don't worry.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#215 » by dlts20 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:05 am

hands11 wrote:
Randy still has a job?

This is how EFJ went
This is how Saunder went

Not that we needed to see back to back loses to MIN and PHI to know Randy needs to go, but its kind of the cherry on top.

Im not as confident as you are, especially with a game less then 24hrs later. I think if we had a day off then it would be a sure thing but I could see Ted giving Witt another game to right the ship, at home
hands11
Banned User

Post#216 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:06 am

AFM wrote:I've been sober for 4 weeks now but really considering buying a 6 pack
Someone help me

Nahhh.. Dont do it. Not over what should be making you happy. Them losing tonight is a good thing.

You can hear the tap tap tap of the final nail in Randys coffin.

They are now behind MIL in the standing. Ted isn't going to just sit on his hands while the image of this team crumbles after how far they came.

Hey and if it helps. Its been about that long since I drank anything. Wasn't something I planned. Kind of odd actually. Not sure whats going on there. I have been praying more. Maybe a divine influence. Just haven't felt like drinking.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

GT#59: Wizards @ 76ers 7:00 PM (CSNP, CBaP, CSNB) 2-27-2015 

Post#217 » by queridiculo » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:07 am

Dat2U wrote:If Leonsis actually has a pulse, I would think a blowout loss to Detroit tomorrow would be the nail in the coffin... for at least Wittman.

I have no faith that Leonsis decision making is governed by anything but believing in the process.

To him everybody outside of the organization is just a clueless pleb without any insight into the teams struggles.

The Wizards are well on their way to back to back playoff appearances, obviously there's no reason for concern.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#218 » by Dat2U » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:07 am

dlts20 wrote:
bealwithit wrote:
dlts20 wrote:What? First off Granger sucks and had basically nothing to do with there success. Also, Indy fell off way way way before the playoffs

look, Im a Sam Cassell fan as a player and a team guy but please, dont let the door hit him in his back. Sam was one of the worst things for this team in terms of he helped Wall's floor game and jumper but he's literally another Flip/Witt disciple. He believes in shooting jumper all game. Wilbon was talking about bringing him back to be teh coach. Is he insane. We would be seeing the same exact offense again from teh 3rd straight coach. He was another guy who encouraged Wall & Beal to take those horrible shots

QFT. Cassell is the mid-range savant. He literally thinks the answer to everyone's problem is a mid-mid-range J. Chris Singleton is probably out of the league partly due to Cassell's insistence that he abandon the 3 pt shot and focus on developing a mid-range J.
hands11
Banned User

Post#219 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:09 am

dlts20 wrote:
hands11 wrote:
Randy still has a job?

This is how EFJ went
This is how Saunder went

Im not as confident as you are, especially with a game less then 24hrs later. I think if we had a day off then it would be a sure thing but I could see Ted giving Witt another game to right the ship, at home

Well at this point, you can't project a win for the team. They are losing to the worse teams in the league.

So what if they play like crap again. Then will he fire him ?

However you look at it. These are hugely damaging loses for Randy.

Like making it to the 2nd got him the extension. These loses are sure to get him fired.
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#220 » by Sluggerface » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:10 am

hands11 wrote:
Someone help me

Nahhh.. Dont do it. Not over what should be making you happy. Them losing tonight is a good thing.

You can hear the tap tap tap of the final nail in Randys coffin.

They are now behind MIL in the standing. Ted isn't going to just sit on his hands while the image of this team crumbles after how far they came.

Yea, people who don't think Wittman isn't above getting canned at this point in the season need to realize that this is ultimately a business. Monumental just raised season ticket prices. It's virtually agreed upon amongst fans that Randy/EG need to go. It's leaking into the national media. This is not how you retain season ticket renewals.

Return to Washington Wizards