ImageImageImageImageImage

GT#2 Round 2: Washington Wizards @ Atlanta Hawks 5-5-15 8PM Philips Arena on TNT

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Re: GT#2 Round 2: Washington Wizards @ Atlanta Hawks 5-5-15 8PM Philips Arena on TNT 

Post#501 » by Sluggerface » Wed May 6, 2015 2:44 am

Nobody should be frustrated by this loss. So proud of the guys for competing. To really understand the gravity of the situation, the entire gameplan was to have Wall in there. This team didn't find out he couldn't go until LESS THAN AN HOUR before tip-off. That is far more devastating than having him gone in the first place because there was no dedicated game plan for a situation like this happening. Everyone thought he was going to be able to go.

To go into that building, with the Hawks up against the wall, and be as close as they were with until the rails finally fell off, was a monumental achievement, especially with Nene and Temple being complete net negatives to the team.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,030

Re: GT#2 Round 2: Washington Wizards @ Atlanta Hawks 5-5-15 8PM Philips Arena on TNT 

Post#502 » by exculpatory » Wed May 6, 2015 2:47 am

Loved Porter & Sessions in this game. Paul was 5-8 from 3 with 15 points & 5Rs - but Millsap ate him up a few times. Beal shot poorly but played with some grit. Gortat disappointing & Nene a total cluster **** again.

Need to win both games in DC - and I will be there at center court!

Refs were embarrassing.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#503 » by hands11 » Wed May 6, 2015 2:48 am

Otto with another 8 rebounds.

To bad he missed those two late mid range shots. He was on a role.

PP 5 for 8 from 3 was nice.

Session was real nice .. 21 pts. But he doesn''t dish dimes like Wall. But who does

Hammer one rebound short of a double double. Clearly to much Nene out there and no Wall limited him.

They actually gave it to them pretty good consider all the stuff they had coming again them.
benb331
Pro Prospect
And1: 314

Post#504 » by benb331 » Wed May 6, 2015 2:52 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Good thing Temple got so much burn tonight. Gotta get him crisp again.

:lol: Made me laugh. I was calling for Temple to get some burn in hope he could surprise like he did in the first few games of the season. Guess I picked the wrong scrub. Maybe Butler instead? Tough to win in Rd 2 vs a 60 win team with your main man in street clothes.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#505 » by DCZards » Wed May 6, 2015 2:55 am

closg00 wrote:
The drought of talent on the team. If you can't imagine anyone better than Temple, Seraphin, and yes Sessions as back-ups, then I can't help you.

I don't know what your problem is with Sessions. He stepped in and played great. And he's been pretty solid pretty much the last month of the season and into the playoffs.

closg00, are you one of the posters who wanted Seth Curry rather than Sessions?
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#506 » by dangermouse » Wed May 6, 2015 3:10 am

Sessions did well, we did well as a team. Its not like this was a blowout or ever looked like being anything but a tough, hard fought close game.

Some questionable calls on poor Gortat.

Nene needed to step up and I feel he was a bit of a let down, perhaps the only player today who didnt try and step it up a bit.

Get healthy Wall.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#507 » by closg00 » Wed May 6, 2015 3:14 am

DCZards wrote:
closg00 wrote:
The drought of talent on the team. If you can't imagine anyone better than Temple, Seraphin, and yes Sessions as back-ups, then I can't help you.

I don't know what your problem is with Sessions. He stepped in and played great. And he's been pretty solid pretty much the last month of the season and into the playoffs.

closg00, are you one of the posters who wanted Seth Curry rather than Sessions?

Sessions did adjust from playing badly early and he scored-well, but he has a tendency to shrink and get passive. My issue with the FO is that once-again (according to the announcers), the Wizards have wanted Sessions for two years, that explains why they didn't want consider the possibility that someone else might be better just as they did not want to consider that Curry might be better than Foye.

I advocated that when the Wizards had made the decision that Miller wasn't going to be a good fit, they should have given Tim Fraizer, Bryce Cotton, Stockton and some others, a try-out, while looking at trades.

Oh! Why isn't Webster playing? Isn't that why we signed him to a 4-year deal?
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#508 » by FAH1223 » Wed May 6, 2015 3:15 am

Wall's hand is a big issue.

The Hawks will smell blood and split in DC.

This feels like Hawks in 6.
barelyawake
Head Coach
And1: 665

Post#509 » by barelyawake » Wed May 6, 2015 3:15 am

Wall needs to take the fine and call out the refs.

Randy needs to take the fine and call out the refs.

Leonsis needs to take the fine and call out the refs.

With neutral refs and Wall, we win this series.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#510 » by keynote » Wed May 6, 2015 3:17 am

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
keynote wrote:Positives: Sessions and Porter came up big. Beal had a pretty good game, too.

Negatives: ATL's front court owned our front court. And Millsap is quick enough to neutralize our small lineup, while big enough to make us pay for it on the boards.

I thought he gotta couple offensive boards off of weird clanks but other than that we wasn't killing us on the boards I felt.

Millsap snagged 2-3 offensive boards during that final 4Q run -- at least, to my recollection. Could be wrong.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#511 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Wed May 6, 2015 3:18 am

LyricalRico wrote:
pineappleheadindc wrote:I got killed on this thread before the game to suggest that Randy not start Nene. Sigh.

Hey, I was with you. He better not start in DC, thats all i know.

I am curious why Humpty Hump has gotten no run.

Seems like he may be able to match up against Millsap.

Anyone hazard a guess?
In Rizzo we trust
hands11
Banned User

Post#512 » by hands11 » Wed May 6, 2015 3:22 am

dangermouse wrote:Sessions did well, we did well as a team. Its not like this was a blowout or ever looked like being anything but a tough, hard fought close game.

Nene needed to step up and I feel he was a bit of a let down, perhaps the only player today who didnt try and step it up a bit.

Get healthy Wall.

They did very well considering the circumstances.

Wizards in 5
hands11
Banned User

Post#513 » by hands11 » Wed May 6, 2015 3:25 am

barelyawake wrote:Wall needs to take the fine and call out the refs.

Was it a call from the front office to not embarrass the league because a 60 win team was about to lose game 2 on the road to the Wizards without their #1 pick ?

That refing was outrageous. Had to be a call down from corporate. It took everything they could do to hand them the game. And the Wizards still had it tied up late in the 4th.
hands11
Banned User

Post#514 » by hands11 » Wed May 6, 2015 3:28 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:
pineappleheadindc wrote:I got killed on this thread before the game to suggest that Randy not start Nene. Sigh.

Hey, I was with you. He better not start in DC, thats all i know.

I am curious why Humpty Hump has gotten no run.

Seems like he may be able to match up against Millsap.

Anyone hazard a guess?

FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#515 » by FreeBalling » Wed May 6, 2015 3:28 am

miller31time wrote:On the plus side, there' no way Nene goes 3 straight games without a field goal so we have a solid 2+pt performance to look forward to in game 3.

He's 0-9 in the series.

I was seeing flashbacks of Etan....
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
barelyawake
Head Coach
And1: 665

Post#516 » by barelyawake » Wed May 6, 2015 3:29 am

hands11 wrote:
barelyawake wrote:Wall needs to take the fine and call out the refs.

Was it a call from the front office to not embarrass the league because a 60 win team was about to lose game 2 on the road to the Wizards without their #1 pick ?

That refing was outrageous. Had to be a call down from corporate. It took everything they could do to hand them the game. And the Wizards still had it tied up late in the 4th.

Same thing happened in Indy. Same thing happened with Gilbert. Same thing happened until Wall complained. The NBA is half pro-wrestling. Refs make you earn it. And part of earning it is telling the media to pay special attention because you aren't getting calls fairly -- see Cuban.

PS Half the reason why I didn't want Gortat isn't his talent, but his starness. Stars get calls.
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer

Post#517 » by Sluggerface » Wed May 6, 2015 3:31 am

FAH1223 wrote:Wall's hand is a big issue.

The Hawks will smell blood and split in DC.

This feels like Hawks in 6.

Oh please just shut up. Your fatalistic approach to this year's playoffs has been absolutely nauseating.
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer

Post#518 » by Sluggerface » Wed May 6, 2015 3:36 am

dangermouse wrote:Sessions did well, we did well as a team. Its not like this was a blowout or ever looked like being anything but a tough, hard fought close game.

Get healthy Wall.

Yea, tough game for sure. Not putting too much stock into the 4th quarter collapse. It took a herculean mental effort, and a bit of luck, to even be in the game at that point. At the end of the day though, you can only go so far without the guy that's responsible for over a third of the teams offense and quarterbacks the defense. Guys just got drained and made a bunch of mental errors defensively down the stretch.

I definitely want to see some Humphries in game 3. We need more rebounding. I'm more scared of Atlantas prowess on the offensive boards than I am of the threes at this point.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#519 » by Wizardspride » Wed May 6, 2015 3:45 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jorgeccastillo/status/595791678881038337[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/595792412724822017[/tweet]
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,015

Post#520 » by dckingsfan » Wed May 6, 2015 3:49 am

We have homecourt advantage :)

Any news on when Wall will be back?

Return to Washington Wizards