ImageImageImageImageImage

Everything is awful -- John's broken hand

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Re: Everything is awful. 

Post#61 » by closg00 » Fri May 8, 2015 12:40 pm

Kanyewest wrote:This is like the opposite of Millie's thread. So will Millie do the opposite of trolling here?

He trolled his own thread

milellie111 wrote:
No GM can control injuries. R.C Buford couldn't with Parker. Kupchak couldnt with Kobe. Presti couldn't with Durant. Grunfeld should be evaluated based on a fully healthy roster. That roster would most likely have us in the Eastern Conference Finals.

The Grunfeld escape clause going back to the Gilbert era. It applies when waiting for the injured player to return, and the assorted re-boots that may happen along the way. Chicago is preparing to cut ties with Thibs regardless of what he does this year.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#62 » by Ruzious » Fri May 8, 2015 1:15 pm

barelyawake wrote:PS I had a heart attack four months ago. This year is a killer (almost).

But, hopefully we gained a lot of cred out of this season. And hopefully, management will take the next step, so we can continue to grow.

That's hardly an excuse for not posting for 4 months. For all we knew, you could have had a heart attack. Sheesh!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
barelyawake
Head Coach
And1: 665

Post#63 » by barelyawake » Fri May 8, 2015 1:50 pm

lol Ruz, the only advice I can give you is its probably not heartburn (no matter how much you drank the night before), don't wait twelve hours to figure out that you might want to go to the hospital.
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Everything is awful. 

Post#64 » by Induveca » Fri May 8, 2015 1:52 pm

barelyawake wrote:lol Ruz, the only advice I can give you is its probably not heartburn (no matter how much you drank the night before), don't wait twelve hours to figure out that you might want to go to the hospital.

Wow that's awful. Take care of yourself.

We've had our decade long simmering internet battle, but I hope you found a good doctor and better blood thinners! Your posts are crucial to keeping the chip on my shoulder. :)
barelyawake
Head Coach

Post#65 » by barelyawake » Fri May 8, 2015 1:59 pm

Thanks Indy, I'm cool. Two stints later, better than before. Thanks though. Back on topic...

Go wiz!
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#66 » by Ruzious » Fri May 8, 2015 2:03 pm

barelyawake wrote:lol Ruz, the only advice I can give you is its probably not heartburn (no matter how much you drank the night before), don't wait twelve hours to figure out that you might want to go to the hospital.

I'll probably need that advice sooner than I'll expect, BA. Right now, I'm on a daily water-drinking regimen - seems to help. Stay well so you can live long enough to see the next Wiz GM - a good 30 years or so.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
sashae
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#67 » by sashae » Fri May 8, 2015 2:09 pm

There's always next year.

WHYYYYYYYYYYY
ernie grunfeld: the perpetual dumpster fire of general management
milellie111
Pro Prospect
And1: 245

Post#68 » by milellie111 » Fri May 8, 2015 2:21 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:This is like the opposite of Millie's thread. So will Millie do the opposite of trolling here?

I just trolled milellie11 in a very subtle way ... :D :D :D

Sorry but you didn't troll me :noway:

If being accepted by the masses of blind sheep on here vying for each other's approval is more important to you than accepting truth and realizing facts, then you are only trolling yourself :lol:
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#69 » by Dat2U » Fri May 8, 2015 2:22 pm

barelyawake wrote:Thanks Indy, I'm cool. Two stints later, better than before. Thanks though. Back on topic...

Go wiz!

Glad your ok bro!
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#70 » by pineappleheadindc » Fri May 8, 2015 2:23 pm

barelyawake wrote:Thanks Indy, I'm cool. Two stints later, better than before. Thanks though. Back on topic...

Go wiz!

Dang -- holy cow! Thank goodness you're better.

Wiz win on Sunday, even without Wall, as a tribute to barely...

Wizards: 102
Atlanta: 98

:nod:
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
barelyawake
Head Coach

Post#71 » by barelyawake » Fri May 8, 2015 2:30 pm

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. As I said, and what I've been telling my friends, the cartoon heart attack isn't what happens. I didn't know. If you think you might be, you are. Go to the hospital asap. Thanks again. I'm fine. Go wiz.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#72 » by Dat2U » Fri May 8, 2015 2:36 pm

milellie111 wrote:

If being accepted by the masses of blind sheep on here vying for each other's approval is more important to you than accepting truth and realizing facts, then you are only trolling yourself :lol:

That's rich, calling others blind sheep. If we actually listened to you then we'd be sheeple.
milellie111
Pro Prospect
And1: 245

Post#73 » by milellie111 » Fri May 8, 2015 3:12 pm

Dat2U wrote:
milellie111 wrote:

That's rich, calling others blind sheep. If we actually listened to you then we'd be sheeple.

But you actually wouldn't be listening to me. You would be making judgements based on actuality which is a 9-2 playoff road record and 2 back to back seasons advancing to the Eastern Conference Semifinals
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,015

Post#74 » by dckingsfan » Fri May 8, 2015 3:30 pm

"The Curse O' Les Boulez."
- Grunfeld
- Gilbert Arenas Knee
- Millie
- five non-displaced fractures
jmrosenth
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 108

Post#75 » by jmrosenth » Fri May 8, 2015 3:41 pm

Wall ain't playing again if there's any, ANY, chance of further injury and/or long-term damage. You aren't going to win 3 more games against Atlanta without Wall, not only our best player but a guy who's been playing at a superstar level in the playoffs. I could see maybe winning another game and pushing this to 6, but that's it. Then again, I also thought we'd handily go down to the Raptors, so happy to be proved wrong again.
[quote:6312c12ed1="imperium1999"]
i had had two martinis at this point so i asked her if he every shouted DAGGER in the bedroom with her.

she looked at me kinda strangely and said she had no idea what DAGGER meant.
[/quote]
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#76 » by FAH1223 » Fri May 8, 2015 3:58 pm

jmrosenth wrote:Wall ain't playing again if there's any, ANY, chance of further injury and/or long-term damage. You aren't going to win 3 more games against Atlanta without Wall, not only our best player but a guy who's been playing at a superstar level in the playoffs. I could see maybe winning another game and pushing this to 6, but that's it. Then again, I also thought we'd handily go down to the Raptors, so happy to be proved wrong again.

David Aldridge was hinting that if the Wiz can win one game and push it to 6...

Game 6 is next weekend and it would be nearly two weeks since Game 1 and Wall could try to give it a go

:-?
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,015

Post#77 » by dckingsfan » Fri May 8, 2015 4:00 pm

Do we have "are we better without John Wall" thread?
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#78 » by gambitx777 » Fri May 8, 2015 5:14 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
jmrosenth wrote:Wall ain't playing again if there's any, ANY, chance of further injury and/or long-term damage. You aren't going to win 3 more games against Atlanta without Wall, not only our best player but a guy who's been playing at a superstar level in the playoffs. I could see maybe winning another game and pushing this to 6, but that's it. Then again, I also thought we'd handily go down to the Raptors, so happy to be proved wrong again.

David Aldridge was hinting that if the Wiz can win one game and push it to 6...

Game 6 is next weekend and it would be nearly two weeks since Game 1 and Wall could try to give it a go

:-?

It would be best if the Wiz can win this series in 7, that would give wall time to maybe get back to play the bulls or the cavs...... With out a 100% wall I don't see us getting past the bulls or the cav's. But I do think the wiz can take the hawks with out him. I fully believe that we could have won that game 2 if randy have run a Gortat/NENE 5 rotation with a Gooden/PP/Hump 4 rotation, not played NENE and Gortat together at all and kept Kevin on the bench.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#79 » by dobrojim » Fri May 8, 2015 6:12 pm

No myocardial infarctions (pronounced with a boston accent like George Carlin) but I had
a bad couple days this week. Fortunately it's all first world problems. Injured leg just as
I was ramping up training for my July 100 miler. And I am training down in DC this week
and next. Been using the motorcycle to commute. On the way home yesterday the
motorcycle died on me. First time in 10 years. And attendance at the training is
mandatory so I won't have time to take the bike in to the shop until the training
is over. So I'll be spending a bunch more on metro commutes next week than I
was planning.

Can we all send John a get well soon card but includes the message to take
good care of himself? We want him around for the long term.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#80 » by Higga » Fri May 8, 2015 6:16 pm

Has any other city had such devastating injuries to players across multiple sports?

RG3, Strasburg, now Wall. I mean, Wall's isn't as bad, but at the same time his happened in the playoffs in a year his team had a legit shot at the Finals(nobody thought the 2012 Skins had a shot at the Super Bowl and Stras got hurt when the Nats were still rebuilding).

Then of course there is Bryce Harper who is always running into walls, Brad Beal has had his fair share of injuries...ugh. Really starting to think this city might actually be cursed...
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.

Return to Washington Wizards