44%

Total votes: 25

DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Re: GT #6, Round 2: ATL Hawks @ Wizards 7 PM (ESPN/99.1 FM) [5/15/15] 

Post#421 » by DMVleGeND » Sat May 16, 2015 2:08 am

AFM wrote:
stevemcqueen1 wrote:I'm changing my avatar. I can't stand looking at Nene's face. He needs to go this offseason. He is a complete drag on the team.

You mean you don't enjoy seeing him complain with his hands on his hips, like Kim kardashian on the cover of Elle, then adjust his arm band in disgust?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#422 » by DMVleGeND » Sat May 16, 2015 2:09 am

dlts20 wrote:The curse is real. I dont care what anyone says, I think we wouldve swept or won 4-1 if Wall never got hurt but he did and then when he comes back, he and everyone else is out of sync. We are just a cursed Franchise but the good thing is that should be the end of Wittman. I cant believe we played the whole postseason without Hump. He was tailor made for this series and you never use him even though our bigs were getting dominated

Get real man. Wiitman's not getting fired.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,162

Post#423 » by AFM » Sat May 16, 2015 2:09 am

pineappleheadindc wrote:John Wall played 2.5 games in this series WITH FIVE FRACTURES ON HIS HAND AND WRIST.

I know that sometimes there are doubters, on this board and in the general basketball sports-dom, who criticize him. But Wall has earned my undying respect. I will forever be a John Wall fan. I hope he recovers quickly and the burn of this series propels him to even greater heights.

John Wall is very quickly approaching GOAT Wizard status. Not that there's a lot of competition...

CCJ relax man. We all fans here.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#424 » by hands11 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:13 am

AFM wrote:
pineappleheadindc wrote:John Wall played 2.5 games in this series WITH FIVE FRACTURES ON HIS HAND AND WRIST.

I know that sometimes there are doubters, on this board and in the general basketball sports-dom, who criticize him. But Wall has earned my undying respect. I will forever be a John Wall fan. I hope he recovers quickly and the burn of this series propels him to even greater heights.

John Wall is very quickly approaching GOAT Wizard status. Not that there's a lot of competition...

If its no already official. It will be after next year.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#425 » by stevemcqueen1 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:13 am

That was a kick to the nuts. Just like the game before. And the one before that.

The only thing keeping me from breaking my hand on something hard is how good John and Brad were. Those two are legit and they are going to compete for championships for a long time moving forward. Just need some **** big men that are good and tough enough to come along for the **** ride.
Deivy202
Senior
And1: 9

Post#426 » by Deivy202 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:13 am

dlts20 wrote:The curse is real. I dont care what anyone says, I think we wouldve swept or won 4-1 if Wall never got hurt but he did and then when he comes back, he and everyone else is out of sync. We are just a cursed Franchise but the good thing is that should be the end of Wittman. I cant believe we played the whole postseason without Hump. He was tailor made for this series and you never use him even though our bigs were getting dominated

I thought ernie did a good job ( tbh) on giving us the roster that we had and I was super excited for Humrphirs and blair to be in the playoff run along woth Pierce. Obviously PP has two bad games but did well but.....I still do not know why we didnt even let hunrphies play ( AKA mr.double double) after nene struggled and I 100 percent never figured out WHY BLAIR NEVER GOT IN THE GAME PERIOD..EVEN IN REG SEASON. We barley used him...the thing is BLAIR COMES UP HUGE IN PLAYOFF GAMES. And not even once he played.

Yes fire wittman...its not like NENE an allstar hes a average to sometimes good player thats about it I personally f.eel humphiries is better
hands11
Banned User

Post#427 » by hands11 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:14 am

Well my fello brothers in arms..

It was a hell of a year.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: Re: GT #6, Round 2: ATL Hawks @ Wizards 7 PM (ESPN/99.1 FM) [5/15/15] 

Post#428 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat May 16, 2015 2:14 am

AFM wrote:

A very rare name call on my part. I apologize to Tricky_Kid.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#429 » by dandridge 10 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:16 am

pineappleheadindc wrote:Bottom line:

Their bigs outplayed our bigs by a lot. We let their bigs lay the ball up a lot all series and it didn't bother our bigs at all. Not one hard "no layup" foul. No price to pay to lay the ball up. It was the Wizards who ended up on the ground, both Wall and Beal.

Gortat and Nene didn't come to play playoff-style basketball.

This + 1,000,000. People can blame Wittman all they want but the bottom line is that our aging bigs simply did not show up this series. Yeah, I would like to have seen Humphries but I seriously doubt he would have made a difference in the outcome.

The good news is that Wall, Beal and Otto are warriors and are improving. We have the backcourt of the future. We just desperately new some young talent in the frontcourt. All I know is that I never want to see Nene's face again.

Just heard that Gortat was sick and was throwing up all day and last night. I'll give him a pass tonight. And, I will also say that he had a pretty good season tonight. The key for next year will be to ensure that someone has occupied Nene's spot in the starting line-up.

Hey, give it to the Hawks. They were the better team. At least I can now just enjoy the playoffs without being a nervous wreck.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,162

Post#430 » by AFM » Sat May 16, 2015 2:17 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
AFM wrote:

Tensions are high brother.

No matter, I feel way better today then I did this time last year. Porter has a lot to do with that. I called him a bust way too soon. He is the real deal. And Beal is even better than we thought. This talk of him not improving since his first year is for the birds. He can handle the rock way better.
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#431 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat May 16, 2015 2:21 am

Tricky_Kid wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Think of the disconnect between EG and Wittman. How much are the Wizards paying Gortat, Webster, Humprhies, and Blair combined? Twelve minutes combined all of them.

sorry but it's unfair to judge Hump Wittman didn't even try him.

Are u happy with Nene?? This bum cost us 2 games in a row and is overpaying

Here is an appropriate response:

Sorry if you may have been mislead by my post.

Gortat should have played at least a few more minutes. He's not responsible for Wittman once again letting Nene get the Wizards beat.

I think Gortat and Humphries need a different coach. I like each better than Randy Wittman. Their salaries to not play was an observation. Not a judgment.

If you read my posts you will see several times I posted about wanting Humphries and Gortat to play more minutes.
hands11
Banned User

Post#432 » by hands11 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:23 am

AFM wrote:
AFM wrote:

No matter, I feel way better today then I did this time last year. Porter has a lot to do with that. I called him a bust way too soon. He is the real deal. And Beal is even better than some thought. This talk of him not improving since his first year is for the birds. He can handle the rock way better.

Beal will be more then fine.

Next year should be sick. Specially with Wall where he is..

Next year is the beginning of the best back court in the league.

Its just getting started.
RealGM

Post#433 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat May 16, 2015 2:24 am

Deivy202 wrote:

I thought ernie did a good job ( tbh) on giving us the roster that we had and I was super excited for Humrphirs and blair to be in the playoff run along woth Pierce. Obviously PP has two bad games but did well but.....I still do not know why we didnt even let hunrphies play ( AKA mr.double double) after nene struggled and I 100 percent never figured out WHY BLAIR NEVER GOT IN THE GAME PERIOD..EVEN IN REG SEASON. We barley used him...the thing is BLAIR COMES UP HUGE IN PLAYOFF GAMES. And not even once he played.

Yes fire wittman...its not like NENE an allstar hes a average to sometimes good player thats about it I personally f.eel humphiries is better

I agree with you.

Ernie got players Wittman didn't even use.

I don't care for EG overall, but this coach sucked the past couple games! Same as last playoffs.
hands11
Banned User

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#434 » by hands11 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:24 am

Tricky_Kid wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Think of the disconnect between EG and Wittman. How much are the Wizards paying Gortat, Webster, Humprhies, and Blair combined? Twelve minutes combined all of them.

sorry but it's unfair to judge Hump Wittman didn't even try him.

Are u happy with Nene?? This bum cost us 2 games in a row and is overpaying

Here is an appropriate response:

Sorry if you may have been mislead by my post.

Gortat should have played at least a few more minutes. He's not responsible for Wittman once again letting Nene get the Wizards beat.

I think Gortat and Humphries need a different coach. I like each better than Randy Wittman. Their salaries to not play was an observation. Not a judgment.

If you read my posts you will see several times I posted about wanting Humphries and Gortat to play more minutes.

Randy is a confusing dude.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#435 » by nuposse04 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:27 am

My only concern, really, is that while I expect wall, beal and porter to continue to improve, and about the same from Ramon, gortat and Hump....I think Pierce will be a wildcard next season, and Nene probably shouldn't start anymore, but unless Randy actually learns, I don't expect him to make a change. Also take into account how other teams in the east will improve. Knicks will be better, gotta believe the bucks will too. I think DET will figure it out as well as the pacers getting healthy.

I have optimism for about 6 our of players...outside of that...eh.....we really need to build the team up again, and really, I don't think EG has the brain capacity to do it. So i expect about the same end result next season...especially with this predictable offense.
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: GT #6, Round 2: ATL Hawks @ Wizards 7 PM (ESPN/99.1 FM) [5/15/15] 

Post#436 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat May 16, 2015 2:31 am

AFM wrote:
AFM wrote:

No matter, I feel way better today then I did this time last year. Porter has a lot to do with that. I called him a bust way too soon. He is the real deal. And Beal is even better than we thought. This talk of him not improving since his first year is for the birds. He can handle the rock way better.

Not me. This was one game they HAD TO win.

That last play, Pierce gets the shot off if there are four three point shooters on the floor plus Wall. You have to put Gooden at 5.

This team had Pierce and they should have closed better than last year.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#437 » by dandridge 10 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:31 am

Otto's summer regiment should be hitting the weight room, shooting FTs and shooting 3s.
tenk8
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#438 » by tenk8 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:32 am

I understand that Randy Wittman isn't the main culprit. Their bigs just pretty much owned ours.

But I do feel like this offseason would be a great opportunity to make changes in the front office and/or coaching staff. There is precedence with Leonsis with the caps and George McPhee. If not a change now, then when? And if we do want to lure Kevin Durant, don't you think he is not just looking at our core, but our coaching staff?
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,902

GT #6, Round 2: ATL Hawks @ Wizards 7 PM (ESPN/99.1 FM) [5/15/15] 

Post#439 » by TGW » Sat May 16, 2015 2:33 am

If Wall had some real shooters and bigs around him, this team would be in the ECF.

Nene and Gortat are completely overpaid.

This roster is a failure.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#440 » by LyricalRico » Sat May 16, 2015 2:34 am

Deivy202 wrote:

Yep, guys we were all excited about adding last summer never got a chance. That's what's so frustrating, especially when the guys the coach did play were so bad for long stretches at a time.

Return to Washington Wizards