ImageImageImageImageImage

John Wall, Bradley Beal & Otto Porter 2015 Playoffs Appreciation Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Re: John Wall, Bradley Beal & Otto Porter 2015 Playoffs Appreciation Thread 

Post#41 » by queridiculo » Sat May 16, 2015 8:13 pm

Rip2137 wrote:Okay. I'm the idiot that was at the game and watched him stacking in the direction I was sitting and shout "Big Bs Bitch".

Even if you are ignorant to gang culture, he literally, on national TV. Spelled out blood with his fingers while yelling "Big Bs".

If you don't have a problem with that, you have screwed up priorities. I don't think John Wall is out doing drivebys or selling drugs, I think he assumes this crap is cool. But if you want to be okay with a player CLEARLY promoting a gang on television, that speaks more to your intelligence than mine. It demeans not only all the hard working players in the league that have been assigned the "thug" label, it demeans my race by perpetuating a false stereotype that all young black males are thugs.

And no, I don't plan on posting on your board, but if you want to run off and name call, you could have done it where you asked the question in the first place.

He neither "literally" spelled out blood, nor did he promote a gang.

Personally, what I find far more "demeaning" to "my race" are chumps that act like they need to apologize for the actions of other black people out of a sense of embarrassment.

Your lifelong goal may to strive to conform to what's deemed as acceptable behavior for black men, but I personally don't give a flying **** what old white men with gray hair have to say about how I should live my life.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#42 » by Higga » Mon May 18, 2015 5:43 pm

Love our young trio. The new big 3 baby: Wall, Beal, and Porter.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Darko Miliminutes
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#43 » by Darko Miliminutes » Mon May 18, 2015 5:59 pm

A
Will you fools ever realize that when the cameras are on and the microphones are hot, they are Lying to you! Lying to illicit a prescribed reaction, to easier manipulate you.

Useful idiots!
Darko Miliminutes
Analyst

Post#44 » by Darko Miliminutes » Mon May 18, 2015 6:08 pm

DCZards wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:
Back to the topic at hand, Beal was awesome. Can't believe he is only 21. I saw real fire from him this postseason. That alone makes the Pierce acquisition worth it.

I've noticed how Beal also seems to step up his play in the crucial moments of many close, hard fought regular season games. He needs to play with that same intensity and focus throughout every game. When he does that he'll be an all star.

He can't. Wall's too busy trying to be the superstar. When it absolutely has to be done, Beal will do it. But it's John's Team... I'd bet money Wall can't stand the fact that Beal's the teams leading scorer for these playoffs.

But i one of the very rare folks that thinks Wall is very over rated.
Will you fools ever realize that when the cameras are on and the microphones are hot, they are Lying to you! Lying to illicit a prescribed reaction, to easier manipulate you.

Useful idiots!
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#45 » by DaRealHibachi » Mon May 18, 2015 6:15 pm

Darko Miliminutes wrote:
DCZards wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:
Back to the topic at hand, Beal was awesome. Can't believe he is only 21. I saw real fire from him this postseason. That alone makes the Pierce acquisition worth it.

I've noticed how Beal also seems to step up his play in the crucial moments of many close, hard fought regular season games. He needs to play with that same intensity and focus throughout every game. When he does that he'll be an all star.

He can't. Wall's too busy trying to be the superstar. When it absolutely has to be done, Beal will do it. But it's John's Team... I'd bet money Wall can't stand the fact that Beal's the teams leading scorer for these playoffs.

What the hell do you base all these things on..?? :-?
:beer: Magnumt
Darko Miliminutes
Analyst

Post#46 » by Darko Miliminutes » Mon May 18, 2015 6:24 pm

You'll never agree, so there's no point. I just don't like Wall. Yeah talented, yeah fast, yeah heart, yeah stellar D.

He wants to be seen as the best, but he's not even close. I just don't like him. Body language, demeanor, arrogance.

Everyone sees him as a superstar player with "it". I think he's an idiot with no idea how to lead a team in crunch time. Has no clue how to run a half court offense. He's the farthest, of the 3 youngs, to have "it".

Useful idiots!
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#47 » by nate33 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:25 pm

DaRealHibachi wrote:
Darko Miliminutes wrote:
DCZards wrote:

What the hell do you base all these things on..?? :-?

Yeah, of all stars and second-tier stars in the league, Wall is probably the one who cares the least about his own personal scoring numbers. Wall wants to accumulate assists, not points. Beal is the perfect teammate for that.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Post#48 » by penbeast0 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:00 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:
Rip2137 wrote:Okay. I'm the idiot that was at the game and watched him stacking in the direction I was sitting and shout "Big Bs Bitch".

Even if you are ignorant to gang culture, he literally, on national TV. Spelled out blood with his fingers while yelling "Big Bs".

If you don't have a problem with that, you have screwed up priorities. I don't think John Wall is out doing drivebys or selling drugs, I think he assumes this crap is cool. But if you want to be okay with a player CLEARLY promoting a gang on television, that speaks more to your intelligence than mine. It demeans not only all the hard working players in the league that have been assigned the "thug" label, it demeans my race by perpetuating a false stereotype that all young black males are thugs.

And no, I don't plan on posting on your board, but if you want to run off and name call, you could have done it where you asked the question in the first place.

Props to Atlanta, but consider yourselves lucky John Wall broke his hand because the Hawks were about to look like one of the most fraudulent #1 seeds in years

Please go, enjoy your ECF loss to Cleveland with all your players in their primes. Better hope Hawks FO has money to re-sign Millsap and Carroll in the offseason, otherwise your team is gonna be going nowhere and will be looking at Wall and Beal's behinds for the next decade

Hey, don't we (as a board) hate LeBron and the Cavs for a number of years of ugly playoff frustration (and ridiculous ref call) more than ATL for winning a tough, hardfought series where our team played it's heart out despite serious injury to our primary star?
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
crackhed
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#49 » by crackhed » Mon May 18, 2015 7:23 pm

Darko Miliminutes wrote:You'll never agree, so there's no point. I just don't like Wall. Yeah talented, yeah fast, yeah heart, yeah stellar D.

He wants to be seen as the best, but he's not even close. I just don't like him. Body language, demeanor, arrogance.

Everyone sees him as a superstar player with "it". I think he's an idiot with no idea how to lead a team in crunch time. Has no clue how to run a half court offense. He's the farthest, of the 3 youngs, to have "it".

lol what a moron. u admit he's talented, fast, heart, stellar d... yet u can't stand him bcuz what.. body language, demeanor, arrogance?
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the kind of man I am"
H. Simpson
Darko Miliminutes
Analyst

Post#50 » by Darko Miliminutes » Mon May 18, 2015 7:45 pm

crackhed wrote:
Darko Miliminutes wrote:You'll never agree, so there's no point. I just don't like Wall. Yeah talented, yeah fast, yeah heart, yeah stellar D.

lol what a moron. u admit he's talented, fast, heart, stellar d... yet u can't stand him bcuz what.. body language, demeanor, arrogance?

No. Because he's a mental midget, with no shown ability to slow down and run a half court offense. Has no poise. Not clutch.

His physical talent, yes! Undeniable...

But his brains are lacking, severely.

Eat a Dick, with the moron calling part.

Useful idiots!
crackhed
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#51 » by crackhed » Mon May 18, 2015 7:59 pm

Darko Miliminutes wrote:
crackhed wrote:

No. Because he's a mental midget, with no shown ability to slow down and run a half court offense. Has no poise. Not clutch.

i stand by my assessment
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the kind of man I am"
H. Simpson
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: Re: John Wall, Bradley Beal & Otto Porter 2015 Playoffs Appreciation Thread 

Post#52 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon May 18, 2015 8:06 pm

This shouldn't be in an appreciation thread. Bringing up critical remarks from outside doesn't belong here. (Jimmy Recard brought up this here.)

It's funny. I am the resident Wall hater, supposedly, on this board. Yet, I find your agenda to be out of line. Your race and what you infer from Wall is neither here nor there.

Terry has been the league a lot of years. Pierce has, too.

People have backgrounds and affiliations and views of all sorts. How many of you ever served in the military? Have you ever been overseas and part of a disparate group? Did that group require you to inculcate a whole new culture for a common goal?

John Wall's intent is not something you can know. What happens on the court is something that can Objectively be evaluated.

I am real happy with Wall, Beal, and Porter.

Wall is 25. I would much rather have a guy who is who he is than a phoney or a guy who can't play. He grew up a certain way and he's a SUCCESSFUL young man. I think he's sensitive enough and professional enough to continue to be a good pro.

There are a lot of gray areas. This one is where I don't care what he said!
Darko Miliminutes
Analyst

Post#53 » by Darko Miliminutes » Mon May 18, 2015 8:34 pm

crackhed wrote:
Darko Miliminutes wrote:
crackhed wrote:

i stand by my assessment

As do I.

Chew slowly... 8-)

Useful idiots!
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#54 » by Dat2U » Mon May 18, 2015 8:44 pm

Darko Miliminutes wrote:
crackhed wrote:

I like playing with daisies...

A mental midget? Wow! Just reading your analysis lately (and no I'm not just talking about the post above), it seems like you really don't have a good grasp of what your talking about. Or good grasp of the game of basketball period (I saw your threads on the GB). I'm sure you have a good understanding mental midgetry but you may need to learn the game first before you rush to judge someone's basketball IQ.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#55 » by Dat2U » Mon May 18, 2015 8:46 pm

The hate is the undeniable, even if the basketball knowledge is incredibly suspect.
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#56 » by Severn Hoos » Mon May 18, 2015 8:59 pm

crackhed wrote:

I'm not about to endorse what Darko says, but I do distinguish between "objective" basketball analysis and subjective fandom. I can't stand LeBron, never have. You couldn't pay me to drink his Sprite mix, and it nauseates me that such a thing even exists. I hate that he flops - or at least "exaggerates" contact - when he goes in the lane against guys who are 40-50 pounds lighter than he is. I hated the crab dribble, the Decision, the "...not one, not two, not three..." and all the rest.

But - I'd be an idiot if I denied that he is the best player in the game right now. In fact, it's getting harder to deny he is on his way to being the best ever (although I'll be rooting against it, since that will be determined by titles, no doubt.)

There's a huge difference between saying "I don't like (Player X) " and "(Player X) is no good."

I think Darko's assessment of Wall's basketball skills is off base. He has shown the ability to play in both full court and half court, has become a much better PnR player (in no small part thanks to Gortat), and has by all indications matured as a leader. His defense is outstanding, and he has improved both his outside shot and cut back on the silly turnovers. In my opinion, he is a top 5 PG - and that's probably the position that is most loaded in the NBA today.

But if he doesn't like Wall because of his demeanor, so be it. I don't like LeBron because of his demeanor. I have friends here in Atlanta that can't stand Paul Pierce because of one series (or should I say, because of one "Series!"), but I just tell them they'll wish they had Pierce in the next round when they need that edge from a guy who is not afraid or intimidated by LeBron. I don't like Harden, Wade, or Lance Stephenson, and hope they lose every time (unless they're playing each other or LeBron). But that's entirely different from saying they're bad players.

I like Wall, and have enjoyed watching him "grow up" with the Wiz. I hope he'll be the PG for years to come, and that BEal & Porter are there with him. Now if we can just get that PF...
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
Darko Miliminutes
Analyst

Post#57 » by Darko Miliminutes » Mon May 18, 2015 9:03 pm

Dat2U wrote:

The hate is the undeniable, even if the basketball knowledge is incredibly suspect.

If i'm so wrong about his poise, clutchness, and inability to run a half court offense. Why did he take a back seat to, ummm, everyone in last years playoffs?

Please don't bring up the toronto series, of this year. That was the worst defense the playoffs have seen in a few years...doesn't count for chit.

When it gets tough, Wall's often invisible, or doing the wrong thing. Maybe that will change, but it is what it is now.

Useful idiots!
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Post#58 » by TheSecretWeapon » Mon May 18, 2015 9:12 pm

Darko Miliminutes wrote:
If i'm so wrong about his poise, clutchness, and inability to run a half court offense. Why did he take a back seat to, ummm, everyone in last years playoffs?

He didn't.

Wall's possession usage in the playoffs last season was the highest on the Wizards, and about the same as it was during the regular season (25.9% of his team's possessions in the postseason vs. 27.4% in the regular season). Wall taking a "back seat to, ummm, everyone" amounted to about 1.7 fewer FGA per 100 team possessions.

He did play poorly overall in last year's playoffs.

Please don't bring up the toronto series, of this year. That was the worst defense the playoffs have seen in a few years...doesn't count for chit.

When it gets tough, Wall's often invisible, or doing the wrong thing. Maybe that will change, but it is what it is now.

You're welcome to your opinion on the rest of it.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#59 » by DCZards » Mon May 18, 2015 9:15 pm

Darko Miliminutes wrote:If i'm so wrong about his poise, clutchness, and inability to run a half court offense. Why did he take a back seat to, ummm, everyone in last years playoffs?

Well, the fact that you had to go back to "last years playoffs" to criticize JW pretty much says it all. Because the Wall that we saw in the 2015 playoffs was significantly better than the one that we saw in "last years playoffs"...and I expect that improvement to continue.
Darko Miliminutes
Analyst

Post#60 » by Darko Miliminutes » Mon May 18, 2015 9:21 pm

DCZards wrote:
Darko Miliminutes wrote:If i'm so wrong about his poise, clutchness, and inability to run a half court offense. Why did he take a back seat to, ummm, everyone in last years playoffs?

Well, the fact that you had to go back to "last years playoffs" to criticize JW pretty much says it all. Because the Wall that we saw in the 2015 playoffs was significantly better than the one that we saw in "last years playoffs"...and I expect that improvement to continue.

Last years playoffs are relevant. More relevant then regular season play.

Game 1 vs Atl. was just about the only "john wall" we saw in this years playoffs. They defended him poorly that game also.

The 1st quarter of game 5 was some of the best i've seen Wall play ever. Because he was scared of his wrist. he was hesitant, and slowed down...a lot. It was pretty. Then he went back to trying to make the world see him as a superstar. Not quite as pretty.

I don't need to agreed with. I'm not here because i want to be right. I could give a crap. I simply want my opinion read. Somebody browsing this thread will see that not everyone wears the homer shade Wall glasses.

Useful idiots!

Return to Washington Wizards