ImageImageImageImageImage

Kelly Oubre

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,162

Re: Kelly Oubre 

Post#961 » by AFM » Sat Apr 1, 2017 11:28 pm

Oubre's had some dog in him? Gross. Is that even legal?
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#962 » by Kanyewest » Sat Apr 1, 2017 11:48 pm

AFM wrote:Oubre's had some dog in him? Gross. Is that even legal?

DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#963 » by DCZards » Sun Apr 2, 2017 12:25 am

CobraCommander wrote:

Thanks for the post...Simmons is a good interviewer. Kelly is growing into a good player. Durant as an interviewee is a little odd. I get the gist of what he is saying but its because its obvious. when he says Kelly has some dog in him he means Kelly Plays hard and cares about the game. But when Kevin said people are uber confident when they come in the league and followed that by saying they dont care...it seems like he isnt expressing a fully formed thought. Kevin also said I like Kelly because he came to my camp... when I think he meant, I like Kelly because when he came to my camp he played hard. Totally different things... yes I am no longer a fan of kevin cause he didnt even give us an chance to prove to him that he should come here and team up with the best back court in the league. If Kevin cared so much he would have come here and mentored Kelly up close and personal...now Kelly gonna have to shut him down in the finals...we will see how much you like Kelly when he locks you up Kevin! Wiz Win

You going in on KD because of his language and word usage!! That's some elitist shyt.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,948

Post#964 » by CobraCommander » Sun Apr 2, 2017 1:04 am

DCZards wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:

Thanks for the post...Simmons is a good interviewer. Kelly is growing into a good player. Durant as an interviewee is a little odd. I get the gist of what he is saying but its because its obvious. when he says Kelly has some dog in him he means Kelly Plays hard and cares about the game. But when Kevin said people are uber confident when they come in the league and followed that by saying they dont care...it seems like he isnt expressing a fully formed thought. Kevin also said I like Kelly because he came to my camp... when I think he meant, I like Kelly because when he came to my camp he played hard. Totally different things... yes I am no longer a fan of kevin cause he didnt even give us an chance to prove to him that he should come here and team up with the best back court in the league. If Kevin cared so much he would have come here and mentored Kelly up close and personal...now Kelly gonna have to shut him down in the finals...we will see how much you like Kelly when he locks you up Kevin! Wiz Win

You going in on KD because of his language and word usage!! That's some elitist shyt.

LOL yeah man...im just pissed that a Maryland home boy didnt come home.... :(. That's that Wizards love making me hate Durant
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#965 » by Kanyewest » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:54 pm

Five Potential Out-of-Nowhere Breakouts to Watch for in the NBA Playoffs
Kelly Oubre Jr., Wizards

After barely playing as a rookie, Oubre has become an important contributor for the Wizards in his second season in the NBA. He was taken with the no. 15 pick in the 2015 draft, but he has more talent than the average mid-first-round selection. Coming out of high school, Oubre was rated as highly as fellow wings Justise Winslow and Stanley Johnson (both selected in the top 10), but a smaller role in his only season at Kansas pushed him out of the lottery.

At 6-foot-7 and 205 pounds with a freakish 7-foot-2 wingspan, Oubre has ideal physical dimensions for a wing player. His ceiling on the offensive end will be determined by his 3-point shot, as he’s shooting only 29 percent from long range on 2.4 attempts per game this season. He has unlimited potential defensively, though: His combination of length and quickness allows him to slide among several positions and hound smaller players into tough shots. When Oubre is on the court, the Wizards can play lineups with as much athleticism as any team in the league.

Going small is Washington’s nuclear option: It’s at its best with Oubre and Otto Porter Jr. at the forward positions. In 200 minutes this season, the Wizards have a net rating of plus-17.4 when those two play with John Wall, Bradley Beal, and Marcin Gortat. Only Golden State has more productive heavy-usage lineups (with at least 200 minutes played this season). Atlanta’s best chance in its first-round series is for Dwight Howard and Paul Millsap to play so well together that it forces Scott Brooks to keep two traditional big men on the floor. The Hawks don’t have the firepower to keep up with the Wizards if both teams downsize, especially if Oubre is making 3s.

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-playoffs-breakout-players-to-watch-tim-hardaway-jr-dewayne-dedmon-jamychal-green-d971dfdbc538
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,162

Post#966 » by AFM » Wed May 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Wiretap is claiming he is having PRP Injections, aka Penile Rhinoplasty. Does anyone know how big he's going, and if he'll be back for summer camp?
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#967 » by montestewart » Wed May 17, 2017 3:30 pm

AFM wrote:Wiretap is claiming he is having PRP Injections, aka Penile Rhinoplasty. Does anyone know how big he's going, and if he'll be back for summer camp?

Swelly Kelly
Protroubre
K-Cup
Tripod
Triple Dribble
Rhino Horn
Reaching In
Lockdown Under
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#968 » by keynote » Wed May 17, 2017 3:46 pm

AFM wrote:Wiretap is claiming he is having PRP Injections, aka Penile Rhinoplasty. Does anyone know how big he's going, and if he'll be back for summer camp?

Not sure, but I hear that he's requesting shorts with a longer inseam next season.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: RE: Re: Kelly Oubre 

Post#969 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed May 17, 2017 11:44 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
DCZards wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:

LOL yeah man...im just pissed that a Maryland home boy didnt come home.... :(. That's that Wizards love making me hate Durant

I missed this during the season. KD praise for Oubre???

Wizards should note that KD IIRC has some sort of player option...

I think they might as well look and see if Montrose alum Greivis Vasquez has recovered from injury.

That guy Troy Williams, has OKC and IIRC some AAU connection...Wait, that was with Carmelo. My bad... Still, a new GM might make K2DC more realistic.

KD can still be a Wizard some day.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,318

Post#970 » by NatP4 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:50 pm

Looking super smooth, shooting stroke looks great. Year 3 KO could be most improved candidate
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#971 » by 80sballboy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:00 pm

Looks good. Still needs to work on that right hand dribble and drive.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#972 » by NatP4 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:02 pm

80sballboy wrote:Looks good. Still needs to work on that right hand dribble and drive.

I honestly think if even just developed his lefty layups on the right side like most players can do easily, he would be in a much better spot lol. It's so bizarre how he literally shoots a jumpshot like layup across his body. Very few NBA players do that at all.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#973 » by Ruzious » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:10 pm

It's amazing that a player makes it to the NBA shooting layups the way he does. Being a great talent allowed him to get away without learning various fundamentals. The longer you go without learning them, the harder it gets to develop them.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
NatP4
RealGM

Post#974 » by NatP4 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:32 pm

Off the dribble looking really good. This is the upside I neve saw with Johnson/Winslow. Hoping it translates this year
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#975 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:52 pm

He's doing a lot of those step-back jumpers wrong - he's taking 2 steps after stopping his dribble. Ya gotta start that first step back before stopping the dribble, or you're going to get called for travelling - unless you're playing against the New Jersey Generals.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#976 » by JWizmentality » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:05 pm

Ruzious wrote:It's amazing that a player makes it to the NBA shooting layups the way he does. Being a great talent allowed him to get away without learning various fundamentals. The longer you go without learning them, the harder it gets to develop them.

This.

John Wall being a prime example with his oft broken layup.

Even the running teardrop/floater was one of the first things I learned playing ball. Was the simplest thing in the world. It baffles me watching Wall being so bad at it. But when you're gifted the way he is, all that gets masked.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#977 » by JWizmentality » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:07 pm

80sballboy wrote:Looks good. Still needs to work on that right hand dribble and drive.

It almost looks like there's a hitch in his step.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#978 » by 80sballboy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:11 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
Ruzious wrote:It's amazing that a player makes it to the NBA shooting layups the way he does. Being a great talent allowed him to get away without learning various fundamentals. The longer you go without learning them, the harder it gets to develop them.

This.

John Wall being a prime example with his oft broken layup.

Even the running teardrop/floater was one of the first things I learned playing ball. Was the simplest thing in the world. It baffles me watching Wall being so bad at it. But when you're gifted the way he is, all that gets masked.

Wall jumps off the wrong foot often, BUT, he uses his left hand on most of his layups and some dunks. He's excellent with both hands and as a slasher, which makes him tough to stop because you can\t just sit on his left or his right hand. If KO can improve his fundamentals, he won't be Wall, but he'll be tough to stop with that length and explosiveness. Most teams will still force him to drive right until he can prove otherwise. He can be more than just a 3 and D guy if he continues to work on his right hand.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#979 » by JWizmentality » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:34 pm

NatP4 wrote:

Off the dribble looking really good. This is the upside I neve saw with Johnson/Winslow. Hoping it translates this year

First move is a blatant travel. :lol:
NatP4
RealGM

Post#980 » by NatP4 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:40 pm

would like to see KO up his 3pt% to around 35-36% and continue to raise his defensive efficiency numbers to jump from average defender to stopper. Hopefully he sees a nice spike in minutes to around 25 per game, averaged 13 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2 steals per 36 last year.

If he does those things, he's going to get PAID at the end of his rookie deal. Don't think he needs to even add the off the dribble secondary scorer game to be a high level wing player in our system.

Return to Washington Wizards