Aaron White

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Re: Aaron White 

Post#61 » by truwizfan4evr » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:53 am

hands11 wrote:
Higga wrote:When was the last time we had a decent white guy? Steve Blake?

:nonono: :nonono:

Mike miller?
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,162

Post#62 » by AFM » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:22 am

truwizfan4evr wrote:
hands11 wrote:
Higga wrote:When was the last time we had a decent white guy? Steve Blake?

:nonono: :nonono:

Mike miller?

Kirk Hinrich?
AFM
General Manager

Post#63 » by AFM » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:23 am

JAN VESELY????????
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#64 » by hands11 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:33 am

miller31time wrote:We will never have a 2nd round pick play for us. Ever.

2nd round picks often don't stick with the team that drafted them or don't stick period. That's true of most NBA teams.

Wizards had since 2005... Dray, Mack, Dominic McGuire plus Tomas Satoransky is still out there

Steve Blake has had a long career. Thought we should have kept him way back when we had him. I said he could play in this league if given a chance. Lots of people doubted that.

Now name the SAS 2nds since 2005..
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#65 » by Sluggerface » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:27 pm

This dude is a stretch four that isn't actually a stretch four. Terrible shooter throughout his entire college career, got hot at the end of the season. Would have much rather preferred a guard with this pick. This was a dartboard choice for ernie.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#66 » by W. Unseld » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:07 pm

Sluggerface wrote:This dude is a stretch four that isn't actually a stretch four. Terrible shooter throughout his entire college career, got hot at the end of the season. Would have much rather preferred a guard with this pick. This was a dartboard choice for ernie.

He's got some athleticism, some post moves, apparently quick hands & he knows how to get to the line where he converts at an 80% clip, and he did it all against good competition; if he were a European prospect people would be psyched. With that said he needs to get stronger and extend his range, he ultimately might not but I don't see any red flag (aside from his gingerness) that would stop him.

Sincerely,
Eric Cartman
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,356

Post#67 » by nate33 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:02 pm

W. Unseld wrote:
Sluggerface wrote:This dude is a stretch four that isn't actually a stretch four. Terrible shooter throughout his entire college career, got hot at the end of the season. Would have much rather preferred a guard with this pick. This was a dartboard choice for ernie.

He's got some athleticism, some post moves, apparently quick hands & he knows how to get to the line where he converts at an 80% clip, and he did it all against good competition; if he were a European prospect people would be psyched. With that said he needs to get stronger and extend his range, he ultimately might not but I don't see any red flag (aside from his gingerness) that would stop him.

Sincerely,
Eric Cartman

Agree with W.Unseld. Aaron White looks like a pretty good pick for the 2nd round. He's not going to be a starter in the NBA or anything, but he has a real good chance to be a reliable role player. He's got sufficient length and athleticism for the position, a high basketball IQ, and signs of a good jumper (high FT%, steadily improving 3P%).

His roadmap is pretty clear: add another 10 pounds of muscle and devote hundreds of hours practicing catch-and-shoot 3-pointers. If he puts in the work, he could carve out a career much like a Mike Muscala or Chris Copeland. That's not bad at all for a #49 pick.
Ed Wood
Sixth Man
And1: 262

Post#68 » by Ed Wood » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:52 pm

White was a dramatically effective college player, plays a position at which the bar to clear to be of value to the team seems at least presently to be quite low, and doesn't have very significant physical deficiencies to mar the picture his stats paint. At some point you exhaust the qualms that you can fairly have about a second round pick.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#69 » by fishercob » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:21 pm

FWIW, I don't think anyone would be upset if White didn't pan out. Its just nice that the Wiz finally took a shot and used the freakin' pick. Strategically, I like the route of taking older college players who agree to go abroad for a little seasoning. They run in stark contrast to players who grew up and live in Europe; I think it's less likley that US born players would demand a big payday or a guaranteed role to sign back with an NBA team.

I think that much of the scorn and criticism heaped on the Wizards front office was deserved; at the same time, they really seem to have improved over the past year-plus.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
AFM
General Manager

Post#70 » by AFM » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:56 pm

He da albino kendrick perkin
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#71 » by payitforward » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:48 pm

He plays like Carrot top... just better.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#72 » by Ruzious » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:52 pm

SUPERBALLMAN wrote:
nate33 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Does that matter for second round picks?

Good question. I guess it doesn't. You can sign a 2nd round pick to anything you want. We would have to use a portion of the MLE to sign him to a contract lasting longer than 2 years. Or we could use the vet minimum (or BAE) to sign him to a 1-year or 2-year deal.

The main drawback to him staying and going to dleague to "develop" is he'd take up a roster spot. If he goes overseas he doesn't count as part of the 15 (like Satoransky).

Plus they don't have to pay him, someone else will.

That makes sense. Thanks guys.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#73 » by Kanyewest » Tue Mar 8, 2016 3:50 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Aaron_White30/status/706568307042881536[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TelekomBaskets/status/706560950514688002[/tweet]
AFM
General Manager

Post#74 » by AFM » Tue Mar 8, 2016 4:16 am

that announcer. Mein fuhrer I cahn valk!!

Return to Washington Wizards