Terry. Rozier.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: SUMMER LEAGUE 2015 (Non-Wizards) 

Post#2 » by Ruzious » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:02 pm

Scratches. Chin.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#3 » by JWizmentality » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:51 pm

It's Summer League, my interest couldn't be lower and the only thing I care to watch is Wizards.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie
And1: 139

Post#4 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Wed Jul 1, 2015 11:07 pm

^^^^^^^
To each his own...

See you here somewhere between July 4th- July 9th.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#5 » by hands11 » Tue Jul 7, 2015 5:05 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgQTACQdatQ[/youtube]
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#6 » by payitforward » Thu Jul 9, 2015 12:26 am

Branden Dawson, picked #56 by the Clippers, is looking great in SL. Very under-sized 4 -- but a monster athlete.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#7 » by payitforward » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:49 pm

The Rockets SL team played the D-League Select yesterday - take a look at the lines of my guy Alan Williams and the undrafted Chris Wood:

http://www.nba.com/games/20150710/DLSHOU/gameinfo.html

Just sayin'...
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#8 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:18 am

payitforward wrote:The Rockets SL team played the D-League Select yesterday - take a look at the lines of my guy Alan Williams and the undrafted Chris Wood:

Just sayin'...

All I knew about Williams out of college was that he could rebound, wasn't sure it would translate to the NBA though.

If Wood does a better job at playing closer to the basket than he did in college he could end being a real good pick up.

I like J. Mickey and still think the Celtics had one of the better drafts. They're going to be one of the better young teams in the EC shortly because unlike Wittman and Grunfeld, Brad Stevens actually has a vision and his FO guys are doing a great job at bringing in some of the best young talent.
Earth2Ted
Junior
And1: 58

Post#9 » by Earth2Ted » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:34 am

Kristaps Porzingis is a really impressive kid for the Knicks- looks really smooth and coordinated, good touch, good feel for spacing, good poise. Kind of reminds you of a European non-monobrowed Anthony Davis. Except he's supposedly 7-2 with a 7-6 wingspan and 38 inch vertical.

He won't see much time on the court- I think the Knicks are going to try very hard to keep him from getting injured.

As I type, he pump fakes from the arc, banks in a runner, and goes to the foul line for the "And 1."
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#10 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:40 am

Norman Powell beastin' out for the Raptors...he was #5 in my top 5 picks in another thread...think the Raps got a legitimate 1st rd talent late.

(46th overall pick) 19.3 ppg/ 1.7 STL

Showing a tad bit better than both Wizards' picks currently.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,445

Post#11 » by nate33 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:59 pm

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:Norman Powell beastin' out for the Raptors...he was #5 in my top 5 picks in another thread...think the Raps got a legitimate 1st rd talent late.

Norman Powell is 22 years old. I expect him to be better than Oubre at this point.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Ruzious » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:26 pm

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:
payitforward wrote:The Rockets SL team played the D-League Select yesterday - take a look at the lines of my guy Alan Williams and the undrafted Chris Wood:

Just sayin'...

All I knew about Williams out of college was that he could rebound, wasn't sure it would translate to the NBA though.

If Wood does a better job at playing closer to the basket than he did in college he could end being a real good pick up.

I like J. Mickey and still think the Celtics had one of the better drafts. They're going to be one of the better young teams in the EC shortly because unlike Wittman and Grunfeld, Brad Stevens actually has a vision and his FO guys are doing a great job at bringing in some of the best young talent.

I liked the Mickey pick but not the rest of their draft. I thought they picked too many guards that don't do anything more than duplicate what they already had.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#13 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:06 pm

nate33 wrote:
AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:Norman Powell beastin' out for the Raptors...he was #5 in my top 5 picks in another thread...think the Raps got a legitimate 1st rd talent late.

Norman Powell is 22 years old. I expect him to be better than Oubre at this point.

Rakeem Christmas is another player that I liked, also one of the older players in the draft, do you expect him to be better than many of the younger guys chosen in the lottery or just outside of it given that he was drafted 10 spots before Powell in the second round?

FTR, I believe Oubre will prove to be a very good pick, but let's not act like age determines production.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#14 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:20 pm

Ruzious wrote:
AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:

Just sayin'...

I liked the Mickey pick but not the rest of their draft. I thought they picked too many guards that don't do anything more than duplicate what they already had.

I think the Mickey pick was a bonus. Avery Bradley to me is an on and off scorer whose strong suit is his defense. Isaiah Thomas can score, but is small defending the perimeter. Terry Rozier has real PG ability, has better size, can score, as well as defend. Marcus Smart can score and is a phenomenal defender, but he isn't a great shooter. I think R.J. Hunter has the ability to be for the Celtics what Klay Thompson is for the Warriors. They didn't draft duplicates.

I give them an A grade.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Ruzious » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:31 pm

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:

I think the Mickey pick was a bonus. Avery Bradley to me is an on and off scorer whose strong suit is his defense. Isaiah Thomas can score, but is small defending the perimeter. Terry Rozier has real PG ability, has better size, can score, as well as defend. Marcus Smart can score and is a phenomenal defender, but he isn't a great shooter. I think R.J. Hunter has the ability to be for the Celtics what Klay Thmpson is for the Warriors. They didn't draft duplicates.

I give them an A grade.

Rozier was the worst value pick in the draft, imo. He's nothing more than a poor man's Bradley. He's a poor shooter and had a lousy assist/to ratio - and that's as a 20 year old. If he was 18 years old, maybe there'd be some hope for him. Granted, Louisville was a poor jump shooting team, but that's not a good enough excuse. Hunter's a boom or bust player who's more likely going to bust based on his shooting percentages last season. The excuses people have made for his poor shot selection don't make any sense. He's also on the scrawny side and needs to get a lot stronger.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#16 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:55 pm

Ruzious wrote:
AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I liked the Mickey pick but not the rest of their draft. I thought they picked too many guards that don't do anything more than duplicate what they already had.

I think the Mickey pick was a bonus. Avery Bradley to me is an on and off scorer whose strong suit is his defense. Isaiah Thomas can score, but is small defending the perimeter. Terry Rozier has real PG ability, has better size, can score, as well as defend. Marcus Smart can score and is a phenomenal defender, but he isn't a great shooter. I think R.J. Hunter has the ability to be for the Celtics what Klay Thmpson is for the Warriors. They didn't draft duplicates.

I give them an A grade.

Rozier was the worst value pick in the draft, imo. He's nothing more than a poor man's Bradley. He's a poor shooter and had a lousy assist/to ratio - and that's as a 20 year old. If he was 18 years old, maybe there'd be some hope for him. Granted, Louisville was a poor jump shooting team, but that's not a good enough excuse. Hunter's a boom or bust player who's more likely going to bust based on his shooting percentages last season. The excuses people have made for his poor shot selection don't make any sense. He's also on the scrawny side and needs to get a lot stronger.

This is pretty laughable. You're talking like you know exactly who he is, where his drive level is set, and how is career will end up.

"He's nothing more than a poor man's Bradley"?

"If he was 18 years old, maybe there'd be some hope for him"?

I think there's a little more than a bit of hope for him, otherwise Brad Stevens wouldn't have pulled him at 16 when nobody else had him going two picks outside of the lottery. Maybe Brad Stevens was on to something and this is the part where he looks smarter than the other GM's/coaches that didn't and wouldn't have pulled the trigger to draft him early.

As far a Hunter I'm not making any excuses, because there are none to be made. He can shoot. What more is there to say?

What doesn't make sense to me is how you base his NBA future on one out of his three college seasons. If you don't fail to acknowledge his defensive potential based on last season you might come to the conclusion that he isn't a one-trick pony whose value starts and ends with his three point shooting.

Most rookies need to get stronger. Otto Porter...probably described as scrawny...didn't stop his productivity.
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#17 » by gtn130 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:10 pm

Rozier was a horrendous pick. He should have gone in the 2nd round.

His offensive game is a mess, and he's undersized. His best attribute is defensive energy. Reaching for Rozier was a huge surprise.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Ruzious » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:55 pm

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:

I give them an A grade.

This is pretty laughable. You're talking like you know exactly who he is, where his drive level is set, and how is career will end up.

I think there's a little more than a bit of hope for him, otherwise Brad Stevens wouldn't have pulled him at 16 when nobody else had him going two picks outside of the lottery. Maybe Brad Stevens was on to something and this is the part where he looks smarter than the other GM's/coaches that didn't and wouldn't have pulled the trigger to draft him early.

As far a Hunter I'm not making any excuses, because there are none to be made. He can shoot. What more is there to say?

What doesn't make sense to me is how you base his NBA future on one out of his three college seasons. If you don't fail to acknowledge his defensive potential based on last season you might come to the conclusion that he isn't a one-trick pony whose value starts and ends with his three point shooting.

Most rookies need to get stronger. Otto Porter...probably described as scrawny...didn't stop his productivity.

And you talk like you have no idea what a message board is for. I gave my opinions along with reasons for them, and I think everyone here besides you understands that I'm not representing opinions as facts. What's laughable is that I have to explain this to someone who's been here for 3 years.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#19 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:31 am

Ruzious wrote:
AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Rozier was the worst value pick in the draft, imo. He's nothing more than a poor man's Bradley. He's a poor shooter and had a lousy assist/to ratio - and that's as a 20 year old. If he was 18 years old, maybe there'd be some hope for him. Granted, Louisville was a poor jump shooting team, but that's not a good enough excuse. Hunter's a boom or bust player who's more likely going to bust based on his shooting percentages last season. The excuses people have made for his poor shot selection don't make any sense. He's also on the scrawny side and needs to get a lot stronger.

And you talk like you have no idea what a message board is for. I gave my opinions along with reasons for them, and I think everyone here besides you understands that I'm not representing opinions as facts. What's laughable is that I have to explain this to someone who's been here for 3 years.

I understand completely what a message board is. It just sounds like you've looked into future and are speaking factually based on what you saw.

Rozier hasn't played a single NBA regular season minute, so how can you write him off as being a lesser version of a player whose game differs from his?

When you say "If he was 18 years, maybe there'd be some hope for him", is this the sentiment the Celtics org., the Celtics' fans, and Terry Rozier himself should be resigned to concerning his prospects as an NBA player?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Ruzious » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:37 am

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:I understand completely what a message board is. It just sounds like you've looked into future and are speaking factually based on what you saw.

Rozier hasn't played a single NBA regular season minute, so how can you write him off as being a lesser version of a player whose game differs from his?

When you say "If he was 18 years, maybe there'd be some hope for him", is this the sentiment the Celtics org., the Celtics' fans, and Terry Rozier himself should be resigned to concerning his prospects as an NBA player?

It's obvious you don't understand what a message board is for. Our discussion's over.

Return to Washington Wizards