OT: DC United

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,185

Post#1 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:06 pm

A friend of mine got season tickets in the District Ultras section for DC United and I've gotta say, wow. Most enjoyable live sports event experience I've ever had. District Ultras are really nice, really loud, really foul-mouthed and just a ton of fun. My friend and I bring our teenage daughters with us and they have a BLAST. They are especially entertained at the tradition of everyone throwing their beer in the air when DCU scores a goal.

AND. DC United has not lost ONCE in any of the games I've attended. They had a 20 game home winning streak this year.

Yesterday they were coming off a month long road trip where they did not win a single game - tied one and lost two. They were clearly discombobulated as they let the Philadelphia Union score two goals in the first two minutes, but they slowly turned things around, stopping Philadelphia cold for the rest of the first half and scoring a goal to cut the deficit to one, despite missing a penalty kick (ugh).

Our section never stopped supporting our guys and you could tell our guys were recharging off our positivity. They got stronger and stronger, scoring the tying goal off a rebound and the go-ahead goal off a header from a beautifully placed cross. At which point I tossed my almost full beer into the crowd because damn. Epic. Comeback.

Get on the bandwagon guys! Free beer showers!
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Re: OT: DC United 

Post#2 » by AFM » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:46 pm

Cliffs on District Ultras? What is that.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,185

Post#3 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:02 pm

https://www.facebook.com/groups/districtultras/

http://www.districtultras.com/

Come hang out at the tailgate before the game, lots of people there who can give you the 411.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#4 » by AFM » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:56 pm

Sounds good man, hands and I will be there for the next game.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,906

Post#5 » by TGW » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:59 am

I'm at the Barcelona Chelsea game. It's tied 2-2 with penalty kicks coming.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Washington Wizards