Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Re: Who will be better: Beal or Porter? 

Post#101 » by Illmatic12 » Fri Nov 3, 2017 4:31 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:
Like last season, I think Wall may have come into the season out of shape. Or he has developed a lot of bad habits that have carried over from game 7 against the Celtics.

2016-17- 22 ppg, 8.4 APG, 5.6 TOV, 54 TS% https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/walljo01/gamelog/2017/#423-429-sum:pgl_basic
2017-18- 21.6 ppg, 9.7 APG, 4.3 TOV, 51.5 TS% https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/walljo01/gamelog/2018/#501-507-sum:pgl_basic

Wall is in good shape. He was a workout warrior in the summer.

His problem is his decision making and bad decisions on both ends of the court.

I will say against the Lakers he looked gassed in the 4th quarter and OT. And he missed a few free free throws against Phoenix which could have been attributed to tired legs. The big thing is that his jumper has not been as consistent as it was last season. And probably looks worse since Beal/Porter are playing better.

EDIT:
I suppose Wall's blocks are up but his rebounding numbers are down. Plus he has only gotten to the line 3-4 times per game over the past 4 games. During the first 3, Wall averaged more than 10 free throw attempts per game.

You realize that he can be in shape and still have tired legs?

After a period of intense workouts you need an adequate amount of rest & recovery. With the regular season being moved up three weeks, I'm not sure Wall's body has bounced back yet from his offseason workouts. As the season goes on and his body can reset (less frequent practices during the season) I think the results of his summer work will show
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Re: Who will be better: Beal or Porter? 

Post#102 » by Kanyewest » Fri Nov 3, 2017 5:15 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:You realize that he can be in shape and still have tired legs?

After a period of intense workouts you need an adequate amount of rest & recovery. With the regular season being moved up three weeks, I'm not sure Wall's body has bounced back yet from his offseason workouts. As the season goes on and his body can reset (less frequent practices during the season) I think the results of his summer work will show

One would hope that Wall's training would have accounted for an earlier start in this year's season, although you could be right that perhaps Wall overtrained and needs to recover. Other than LeBron and some San Antonio Spurs, I haven't heard players using the regular season to recover, and it seems unlikely for Wall who generally tries to play in every regular season game.

I think Wall will play better though at the end of the day. This has been Wall's reputation for at least a couple of seasons since he has been in Washington.

Return to Washington Wizards