Bradley Beal - Part III

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#661 » by Wizardspride » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:22 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,944

Post#662 » by CobraCommander » Sun May 7, 2017 12:06 am

Lets hope we get a real deal Beal performance tomorrow along with a Wallstar performance to even up the series with the Cs. Beal has been HOT and ICE cold these playoffs. In Game 2 of the Cs series Beal was the worse possible version of Beal while Wall had 40 and we lost. tomorrow if Beal brings his A- offensive game and Wall plays like normal we even this thing up. We cant let Avery Bradley have as much impact as this series as OUR Bradley! I love the wiz most when Beal leads the team in scoring and Wall is setting Brad up for that perfect 3.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#663 » by nate33 » Fri Nov 3, 2017 4:04 pm

Lost in all the depression over the Phoenix game was the fact that Beal scored 40 points on high efficiency, with many of those points coming as an isolation scorer.

It's also worth noting that Beal is slightly improved in all of his advanced stats (PER, BPM, WS/48) despite shooting poorly from 3-point range (just 33%). If that 3-point shot starts dropping, Beal might average 25 points per 36 with a 60% TS%. He's also averaging almost 5 boards per game, which is the most rebounding this team has seen from the SG position since Larry Hughes.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#664 » by tontoz » Sat Nov 4, 2017 1:16 pm

Small sample obviously but i wanted to point to a couple of things Beal is doing this season that really show how far he has come as a scorer.

2pt %

this season 55.2%
career 46.6%

free throw attempts per 36

this season 7.8
career 3.6
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#665 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sat Nov 4, 2017 2:55 pm

tontoz wrote:Small sample obviously but i wanted to point to a couple of things Beal is doing this season that really show how far he has come as a scorer.

2pt %

this season 55.2%
career 46.6%

this season 7.8
career 3.6

Yep. Loving how he’s getting to the line and finishing strong through contact. Playing like an All star so far.
In Rizzo we trust
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Re: RE: Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#666 » by Kanyewest » Sat Nov 4, 2017 3:44 pm

nate33 wrote:Lost in all the depression over the Phoenix game was the fact that Beal scored 40 points on high efficiency, with many of those points coming as an isolation scorer.

It's also worth noting that Beal is slightly improved in all of his advanced stats (PER, BPM, WS/48) despite shooting poorly from 3-point range (just 33%). If that 3-point shot starts dropping, Beal might average 25 points per 36 with a 60% TS%. He's also averaging almost 5 boards per game, which is the most rebounding this team has seen from the SG position since Larry Hughes.

Other good rebounding shooting guards for the Wizards include Jared Jeffries and whoever you want the call the shooting guard of the 2009-10 trade between Mike Miller or Caron Butler.

Sent from my LG-D851 using RealGM mobile app
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#667 » by nate33 » Sat Nov 4, 2017 7:00 pm

Read on Twitter
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#668 » by prime1time » Sun Nov 5, 2017 7:52 pm

tontoz wrote:Small sample obviously but i wanted to point to a couple of things Beal is doing this season that really show how far he has come as a scorer.

2pt %

this season 55.2%
career 46.6%

this season 7.8
career 3.6

To be honest that doesn't even do him justice. He has had 3 games of 10 or more free throw attempts already. Last year including the playoffs he only had 8. Beal is well on his way to becoming an elite scorer. He attacks the hoop under control, has a good floater and is strong enough to finish through contact. The real question going forward for Beal is what will he work on next. Since he's come into the league, he has solely focused on improving his handles, attacking the rim and getting to the free throw line. Now that he has accomplished that what's next? The logical step would be for him to create for others, but Wall's inability to shoot puts the Wizards at a major disadvantage. Another potential avenue for growth would be to work on his one-on-one moves. Regardless, he's in a great position to be in.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#669 » by Wizardspride » Mon Nov 6, 2017 2:40 pm

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#670 » by queridiculo » Mon Nov 6, 2017 3:01 pm

Beal started overdribbling late in the 4th but up to that point he was putting up an offensive clinic.

He has a cerebral quality about how he attacks the basket and he's seemingly got perfect instincts on when to shoot and when to use the threat of his jumper to setup drives.

Those little hesitation dribbles, head fakes, spin moves and cuts, everything services a purpose, Beal is on some next level **** right now and he's seemingly picking up right where he left off in game 7 against the Celtics.

He's been playing like a superstar so far this season. Throw out the 4 point effort when he was tossed and he's averaging over 28 per game without having gotten into a rhythm with his three ball!

Crazy.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#671 » by tontoz » Mon Nov 6, 2017 3:39 pm

If Beal kept on playing the way he did last year and didn't improve at all i would be perfectly happy with that. Still early but it really does seem like he is taking it to another level.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#672 » by Kanyewest » Mon Nov 6, 2017 4:12 pm

Beal is currently averaging 6.5 rebounds per 100 possessions, a career high. In Beal's rookie season, Beal actually averaged 6.3 rebounds per 100 possessions, but went as low as 4.4 rebounds per 100 possessions last year.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#673 » by nuposse04 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 4:45 pm

His on/off numbers thus far are fairly gaudy.

His TO's are up slightly but that is normal for his increase in usage.

I'd say across the board, he might be our best player given he is probably our best player along with Porter. Porter has improved tremendously in getting his own looks but he isn't as good as Beal in ISO situations yet (although data might say otherwise on ISO situations, just going by the eye test).

The incredible part is he is still not shooting up to his standards at the 3 pt line. Once that gets going... well damn... Also, he is shooting his long twos (16-3pt) way below his standard, but he is taking a bit more of them. Both should trend back to the right direction I believe.

I also think Beal is generally doing better at contesting shots to start this season then last. Good on him for improving.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,318

Post#674 » by NatP4 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 5:56 pm

I remember the days when I would say "if beal is such a great scorer, where are all his 30 point games where he completely lights it up" I remember him only having like 5 or 6 30 point games in his first couple of seasons.

Beal has actually only been a minus in 2 games this year(one of those games he was only -1) but notice the shot attempts in these last 3 games, 25, 19, and 26, needs to always be like that.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#675 » by dangermouse » Tue Nov 7, 2017 3:20 am

Offensivly he looks next level

I'm a massive Beal lover, i mean look at my avatar, had it for years. I got a Beal jersey when we drafted the boy. So dont take it the wrong way when i say: Is his defense a lot worse?

Looks to me like he is getting past people easily on offense, but he is rarely able to stay in front of anyone on the other end? Do the stats show this or am I seeing something that isnt happening?
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
zero2hero
Senior
And1: 487

Post#676 » by zero2hero » Tue Nov 7, 2017 4:41 am

dangermouse wrote:Offensivly he looks next level

I'm a massive Beal lover, i mean look at my avatar, had it for years. I got a Beal jersey when we drafted the boy. So dont take it the wrong way when i say: Is his defense a lot worse?

Looks to me like he is getting past people easily on offense, but he is rarely able to stay in front of anyone on the other end? Do the stats show this or am I seeing something that isnt happening?

I don't see this. I don't know what the numbers say, but Beal is easily our best defender on our current starting lineup. Our defense as a unit though, is terrible and it's hard to play defense when you don't trust the guys around you - so that may have an influence with seeing everyone's defensive ability dip as a result.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#677 » by DCZards » Tue Nov 7, 2017 4:54 am

When the Zards drafted Beal I said he reminded me of Mitch Richmond.

On his career, Mitch averaged 21 pts., 3.5 assists and 3.9 rebounds. On his career thus far, Beal is averaging 17.9 pts (25.7 this year), 3.1 assists and 3.6 rebounds.

Mitch for his career shot .455% FG and .388% on 3 pters. For his career, Bradley is currently at .443% FG and .398% 3 pters.

Richmond was 6-5, 220 lbs; Beal is 6-5, 207 lbs.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#678 » by nate33 » Tue Nov 7, 2017 12:25 pm

zero2hero wrote:
dangermouse wrote:Offensivly he looks next level

I don't see this. I don't know what the numbers say, but Beal is easily our best defender on our current starting lineup. Our defense as a unit though, is terrible and it's hard to play defense when you don't trust the guys around you - so that may have an influence with seeing everyone's defensive ability dip as a result.

Beal might be our best on-the-ball defender, but I'd give the best defender award to Porter. His on-the-ball defense might merely be so-so, but he's a savant in the passing lanes and on the defensive glass.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#679 » by pcbothwel » Tue Nov 7, 2017 2:07 pm

DCZards wrote:When the Zards drafted Beal I said he reminded me of Mitch Richmond.

On his career, Mitch averaged 21 pts., 3.5 assists and 3.9 rebounds. On his career thus far, Beal is averaging 17.9 pts (25.7 this year), 3.1 assists and 3.6 rebounds.

Mitch for his career shot .455% FG and .388% on 3 pters. For his career, Bradley is currently at .443% FG and .398% 3 pters.

Good call. I would say that Beal has an edge in that he already has a 60% TS season at 23. Mitch's best was 59% at age 30. This is mostly due to Beal's 3PAr of 41% last year. Assuming that stays roughly the same and he continues to draw fouls, I think Beal has the better overall impact on both ends of the court.
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#680 » by Kanyewest » Tue Nov 7, 2017 3:21 pm

DCZards wrote:When the Zards drafted Beal I said he reminded me of Mitch Richmond.

Good call.

I liked the comparison to Ray Allen at the time. Allen's career aggregate career averages are lower than Richmond's although he played 6 more seasons.

Allen shot 45.2 FG% and 40 3P%. And Allen was 6-5, 205 pounds.

Return to Washington Wizards