ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #53: Pistons @ Wizards 7 PM (CSN/99.1 FM)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

YOUR WINNER

Detroit Basketball
50%
The most powerful city in the word headed to the lotto
50%

Total votes: 4

TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Re: GT #53: Pistons @ Wizards 7 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) 

Post#61 » by TheSecretWeapon » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:34 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Kief looked as advertised. Can hit the mid range. When run off the three point line, can drive past guy and finish. Can pass a little bit.

Doesn't really have three point range. Really bad on defense.

As advertised? He was 2-8 from the floor, managed just 2 rebounds in 22 minutes, committed 3 fouls, and turned the ball over twice. He'll surely be better than what he did tonight.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,017

Post#62 » by dckingsfan » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:42 pm

M's goal is to make Wizard's fans feel bad about a win - hahaha

milellie111 wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
YOUR Washington Bullets are 24-28 and are still in 10th place in the East. The Wiz made a trade yesterday for Markieff Morris. Tonight, he faces his twin Marcus and the Detroit Pistons.

The Pistons, like the Jazz entering last night, are at .500 and hovering around the final playoff spots in the East. They’ve been active in the trade market. They have gotten Tobias Harris, Donatas Motiejunas, and Marcus Thornton.

It still all starts with Andre Drummond and Reggie Jackson. Will Jackson outplay the #WallStar?

gotta chalk this up as an ugly L with how Stan Van Gundy will outcoach Wittless.

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#63 » by Ruzious » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:02 pm

Gotta give the Wiz credit - they're starting to look competent. Like Nate said, Gortat plays Drummond well. Detroit's got some talent on that roster, but they're one of the teams Washington needs to jump over to get to the playoffs. Stanley Johnson oozes potential. The Morris brothers oozed, but I don't think that was potential. It's fun watching Beal come off the bench, because he can easily take advantage of matchups when he's fresh. He even made a foul shot!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,949

Post#64 » by CobraCommander » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:13 pm

dckingsfan wrote:M's goal is to make Wizard's fans feel bad about a win - hahaha

milellie111 wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
YOUR Washington Bullets are 24-28 and are still in 10th place in the East. The Wiz made a trade yesterday for Markieff Morris. Tonight, he faces his twin Marcus and the Detroit Pistons.

The Pistons, like the Jazz entering last night, are at .500 and hovering around the final playoff spots in the East. They’ve been active in the trade market. They have gotten Tobias Harris, Donatas Motiejunas, and Marcus Thornton.

It still all starts with Andre Drummond and Reggie Jackson. Will Jackson outplay the #WallStar?

gotta chalk this up as an ugly L with how Stan Van Gundy will outcoach Wittless.

Once again "wiz fans" talk about Will Jackson outplay WallStar or will something else happen...and when the WIZ KIDS win...they don't give proper love.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#65 » by 80sballboy » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:24 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Kief looked as advertised. Can hit the mid range. When run off the three point line, can drive past guy and finish. Can pass a little bit.

You must be watching a different game. You mean Tobias Harris scored on him? He scored on everybody and Morris is probably more suited to defend 4's than 3's. Considering Morris had no clue about his teammates or what to do on the floor and just knew he was playing an hour before the tip, I thought he did ok. To judge Morris' skills on this game or even the next one, is ludicrous.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#66 » by dckingsfan » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:34 pm

80sballboy wrote:

You must be watching a different game. You mean Tobias Harris scored on him? He scored on everybody and Morris is probably more suited to defend 4's than 3's. Considering Morris had no clue about his teammates or what to do on the floor and just knew he was playing an hour before the tip, I thought he did ok. To judge a player's skills on this game or even the next one, is ludicrous.

Yep, got to judge it by how he does next season...
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#67 » by 80sballboy » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:38 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
80sballboy wrote:

You must be watching a different game. You mean Tobias Harris scored on him? He scored on everybody and Morris is probably more suited to defend 4's than 3's. Considering Morris had no clue about his teammates or what to do on the floor and just knew he was playing an hour before the tip, I thought he did ok. To judge a player's skills on this game or even the next one, is ludicrous.

I guess. It's important that he plays well down the stretch once he gets adjusted to the team and of course, stays out of trouble on and off the court. I'm worried about that than whether he can make over 30% of his three's. I do like that he's a willing passer and the ball movement the last two games was exceptional, even when Dudley was out of the game.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#68 » by dckingsfan » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:50 pm

80sballboy wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
80sballboy wrote:You must be watching a different game. You mean Tobias Harris scored on him? He scored on everybody and Morris is probably more suited to defend 4's than 3's. Considering Morris had no clue about his teammates or what to do on the floor and just knew he was playing an hour before the tip, I thought he did ok. To judge a player's skills on this game or even the next one, is ludicrous.

I guess. It's important that he plays well down the stretch once he gets adjusted to the team and of course, stays out of trouble on and off the court. I'm worried about that than whether he can make over 30% of his three's. I do like that he's a willing passer and the ball movement the last two games was exceptional, even when Dudley was out of the game.

Yeah, he has regressed every year on his 3 point shooting. Hard to be a D&3 when you can't hit the 3. But... remember that Ariza's 3 point % went up by ~.070 when he was here. I think the Wiz coaching staff will emphasize it. Also why I think you have to wait until next season.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,904

Post#69 » by TGW » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:37 pm

People--please don't quote that troll. I have him on ignore, so it doesn't help if people quote him. Thanks
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#70 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:38 pm

TheSecretWeapon wrote:

As advertised? He was 2-8 from the floor, managed just 2 rebounds in 22 minutes, committed 3 fouls, and turned the ball over twice. He'll surely be better than what he did tonight.

I should probably qualify some of what I wrote. His three doesn't look easy... It just seems a bit out of his range. Not that he can't hit it, but he seems to have to adjust his stroke to do so. In my mind, that leads to 30% three point shooting... Not really good enough to justify taking many of them.

In terms of defense, his lack of true length (short arms) and general stiffness looks problematic. I'm not sure who he matches up well with.

On the other hand, the runner he hit appears to be a nice secondary move. He seems fluid from mid range, and when he gets closed out, he is comfortable driving and finishing.

I see fairly mediocre potential... Which is of course better than bad. I see him more as worthy of a late first, early second.
In Rizzo we trust
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#71 » by queridiculo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:13 pm

JWizmentality wrote:Garrett Temple is great big bag of suck. I can't stand him on this team.

I **** love Garrett Temple, after Wall he's probably my favorite player on the team.

To me he exemplifies almost everything you want in a professional basketball player. He comes to work, doesn't pout, he doesn't complain, and he hustles every second he's out there on the floor.

More often than not he's a self check on offense and it's hard watching him clank open shots off the rim but you never have to worry about him taking a play off and he tends to get it done on the defensive end.

Six teams in his first two seasons in the league, out of the NBA and playing for bottom dweller in Italy in 2011/12, he's forged a decent career out of almost nothing. Temple is the prototypical underdog and I've got a soft spot for players like him.

If the Blatches and McGee's of this league had his heart, they'd be stars.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#72 » by LyricalRico » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:55 pm

Just finished watching on DVR. Great win against a team we need to pass. Tough first outing for Markieff, but that's not unusual for a new acquisition's first game. Everyone else finally looks healthy and focused. Let's keep it up!

Return to Washington Wizards