RealGM
And1: 1,571

Re: Hidden Gems That Might Go Undrafted 

Post#43 » by fishercob » Mon Jun 6, 2016 6:34 pm

Frank Tanana.
Lou Whitaker.
Willie Hernandez.
Lancer Parrish.

All former Detroit Tigers whose card I had.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#44 » by Ruzious » Mon Jun 6, 2016 10:24 pm

Jameel Warney is the player I really want. I'd also be interested in trying out:

James Kelly of Marshall
Alex Hamilton of La Tech
The big boy - Cam Ridley of Texas. If he can get his weight down to about 270, he can play.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by Ruzious » Tue Jun 7, 2016 8:57 pm

Draftexpress.com has a little PG name Kay Felder at 56. I think he could be just as good as Isaiah Thomas (Celtics version). He actually looks better physically - stronger and a better athlete. And his length combined with his 44" verticle allow him to do things other very short PGs can't do - other than Nate Robinson when he came out of college - but he appears to be more skilled than Lil Nate. He'll likely get drafted, but if he doesn't - sign him! At worst, he'll be a fan favorite.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,878

Post#46 » by payitforward » Tue Jun 7, 2016 9:51 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see Warney get drafted. Isaiah Miles had a great senior year -- he was just terrible as a Junior. Go figure.

I like Bolomboy from what I can see of him. DR has him going #58, which means he could easily fall out of the draft and be available.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#47 » by fishercob » Thu Jun 9, 2016 12:19 pm

Tas Melas -- Greek descent, grew up in Canada
Leigh Ellis -- Aussie, sweet jumper
Trey Kirby -- ridiculous dunker
Phil Elder -- Also Canadian. Great glue guy.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 9, 2016 1:25 pm

fishercob wrote:Tas Melas -- Greek descent, grew up in Canada

Are some of those guys from a tv show called The Basketball Jones?
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,025

Post#49 » by dckingsfan » Thu Jun 9, 2016 5:25 pm

Yannis Bourousis as a backup C.
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
And1: 312

Post#50 » by gravytrain24 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:26 am

Ruzious wrote:
fishercob wrote:Tas Melas -- Greek descent, grew up in Canada

Are some of those guys from a tv show called The Basketball Jones?

Too much NBA TV
payitforward
RealGM

Post#51 » by payitforward » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:07 pm

A.J. English continues to look like a guy who could surprise.

Was mvp at Portsmouth. Had a very solid college career. Kind of reminds me a little of Dennis Schroeder in his physical profile. He's actually a year older than Schroeder. Might surprise people and get drafted, but if not he's definitely a guy I'd bring in.

Knowledge anyone? Opinions?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#52 » by payitforward » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:28 pm

Any thoughts on Damion Lee?

I've mentioned Jarrod Uthoff.

Marshall Plumlee anyone? Wiltjer? Tim Quarterman?
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#53 » by 80sballboy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:42 am

payitforward wrote:Any thoughts on Damion Lee?

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Damion-Lee-41216/

A couple things about Damion Lee. I've followed his career since he played at Calvert Hall up here in Baltimore. Was supposed to go to Towson when Pat Kennedy coached there. But decided to switch to Drexel, which is not exactly a high-scoring program. Became one of the best players and top scorer in the CAA and decided to transfer to Louisville for his grad student season. Was inconsistent there and to be honest, I never really thought of him as an NBA player even though he can flat out score and has decent size. Something is missing.

Plumlee is big and plodding. Uthoff is skinny and has some game but was shut down by Jake Layman. Wiltjer is not athletic enough for the NBA, though he can score some.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#54 » by payitforward » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:47 am

Dang! Ask and you shall receive -- though I wish it was better news! :)

How about English?
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#55 » by pineappleheadindc » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:31 am

Is that Selden kid from Kansas going to get drafted? If not, would like to see him in Wiz camp.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,164

Post#56 » by AFM » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:02 am

What does Ye Old Douche Analyzer say about Robert Carter?
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,005

Post#57 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:19 am

80sballboy wrote:

A couple things about Damion Lee. I've followed his career since he played at Calvert Hall up here in Baltimore. Was supposed to go to Towson when Pat Kennedy coached there. But decided to switch to Drexel, which is not exactly a high-scoring program. Became one of the best players and top scorer in the CAA and decided to transfer to Kentucky for his grad student season. Was inconsistent there and to be honest, I never really thought of him as an NBA player even though he can flat out score and has decent size. Something is missing.

Plumlee is big and plodding. Uthoff is skinny and has some game but was shut down by Jake Layman. Wiltjer is not athletic enough for the NBA, though he can score some.

There was talk of Lee transferring to Maryland.

I recall wanting the Terps to add Damion Lee instead of Sulaimon (because of what was reported about Rasheed at Duke). However, Turgeon chose Sulaimon.

I really don't know enough about his game but I do recall being dissuaded by his weaknesses video on DX.
Bye bye Beal.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#58 » by 80sballboy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:18 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
80sballboy wrote:

A couple things about Damion Lee. I've followed his career since he played at Calvert Hall up here in Baltimore. Was supposed to go to Towson when Pat Kennedy coached there. But decided to switch to Drexel, which is not exactly a high-scoring program. Became one of the best players and top scorer in the CAA and decided to transfer to Louisville for his grad student season. Was inconsistent there and to be honest, I never really thought of him as an NBA player even though he can flat out score and has decent size. Something is missing.

There was talk of Lee transferring to Maryland.

I recall wanting the Terps to add Damion Lee instead of Sulaimon (because of what was reported about Rasheed at Duke). However, Turgeon chose Sulaimon.

I really don't know enough about his game but I do recall being dissuaded by his weaknesses video on DX.

Yeah, Maryland wanted him and lost him to Louisville. I know they wanted him over Sulaimon though Rasheed was a better defender and could play the point.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#59 » by payitforward » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:36 pm

CCJ -- I know you are enjoying the movie star high life that is yours, not to mention fending off babes on Waikiki beaches, but we need you. We need you now more than ever.

Think about the suffering that Dat and I are enduring, for example. Here we are forced to exert our efforts making up arguments for and against bums like Robinson and Morris (actually the "against" part is easy; it's only the "for" part that requires effort). We need you to turn your attention to the upcoming draft -- and especially to the "undrafted gems" we are attempting to unearth in this thread. Otherwise, how will this Board maintaining its reputation for seeing through the surface hype of NBA self-promotion to the real world of talent and desire that lies beneath it?

But, it's more than just we who need you. Think of the kids coming out of college now whom the hype machine has sidelined, guys who can hoop, who could be good NBA players -- and potentially good Wizards. These kids are waiting in the shadows right now, just praying that you will put down the pleasures of exile and illuminate them with the lamp of your basketball acumen.

Come on, CCJ, I implore you, and I know that I speak for all our fellow Wiz-posters here. Help us, and help these forlorn, ignored hoopsters too. You can do it; that we know. And now is the time.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:46 pm

CCJ not being here is Ernie's fault for trading away our second round pick. Well, that and probably chasing the beach babes.

Return to Washington Wizards