ImageImageImageImageImage

What About Melo?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

TheBlackCzar
Freshman
And1: 14

What About Melo? 

Post#1 » by TheBlackCzar » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:35 pm

He'd be nice to have during the playoffs.
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Re: What About Melo? 

Post#2 » by BigA » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:29 pm

There was a long discussion about Melo in the trade thread back some pages. The key points I took away were:

--"Olympics Melo" would be nice to have, "Knicks Melo" maybe not so much.

--Other teams could make a much better offer.

--If Melo is going to veto trades to attractive destinations just to spite Phil, and given that he's publicly stated he wouldn't want to play here, it's very unlikely that he would approve something.
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#3 » by gtn130 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:49 pm

The only way I'd want Melo would be if he would come off the bench and play in small ball lineups.

Also would be ideal if we could acquire him for the grand sum of Trey Burke and Andrew Nicholson.

Otherwise it's a hard pass on Melo.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,222

Post#4 » by MikeTheKid » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:25 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#5 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:16 pm

I would absolutely take a flyer on Melo Trimble in the second round.
In Rizzo we trust
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,017

Post#6 » by dckingsfan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:00 pm

I would take Melo for Mahinmi and our first - and that just wouldn't get it done :)
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Post#7 » by gambitx777 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:39 pm

Money wise it would have to be Mahinmi and Nicholson or mahinmi, smith, and burke , our core 6 are not being moved.
I would toss them a 2018 or 2019 pick (not both, just one) and Aaron white. But there are better offers, if Melo do say **** you guys ill go to DC for that package only because our offer is the weakest but he accepted the fact that he needs to leave, that could work in our favor, if he is willing to come off the bench, if you look at the games where he played 24 minutes or less this year (bench minutes) those are some nice looking games, and that would help up a lot if morris fouls our or Otto fouls out, or kelley goes cold in the play offs or what ever. Then we do what we can to move who ever is left of Nicholson burke and smith to get a 2 and another center or a back up point guard.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,017

Post#8 » by dckingsfan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:12 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Money wise it would have to be Mahinmi and Nicholson or mahinmi, smith, and burke , our core 6 are not being moved.
I would toss them a 2018 or 2019 pick (not both, just one) and Aaron white. But there are better offers, if Melo do say **** you guys ill go to DC for that package only because our offer is the weakest but he accepted the fact that he needs to leave, that could work in our favor, if he is willing to come off the bench, if you look at the games where he played 24 minutes or less this year (bench minutes) those are some nice looking games, and that would help up a lot if morris fouls our or Otto fouls out, or kelley goes cold in the play offs or what ever. Then we do what we can to move who ever is left of Nicholson burke and smith to get a 2 and another center or a back up point guard.

Mahinmi, Nicholson, White + their choice of either 2017 or 2018 pick.

But like you say - never happens. Now, if we hadn't signed Mahinmi and Nicholson, then a 2017 or 2018 pick for Melo works as a cap clearing move for NY.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Post#9 » by gambitx777 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:03 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Money wise it would have to be Mahinmi and Nicholson or mahinmi, smith, and burke , our core 6 are not being moved.

Mahinmi, Nicholson, White + their choice of either 2017 or 2018 pick.

But like you say - never happens. Now, if we hadn't signed Mahinmi and Nicholson, then a 2017 or 2018 pick for Melo works as a cap clearing move for NY.

Yeah there are some 3 team deals where maybe a team like the 76ers take nicholson or mhinmi for another pick and we give a 2018 to NYC and a 2017 second adn white to the 76ers but IDk ... that **** gets complicated like I said the only way that happens is if melo says I'm going to DC or no where, because he knows its the worst deal and he wants to **** phill and phill does it just to say **** you melo buy.

Return to Washington Wizards