Woj: Nets trade Bogdanovic to Wizards

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: RE: Re: Woj: Nets trade Bogdanovic to Wizards 

Post#861 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:42 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
closg00 wrote:Dude is also driving down his FA value. Bob is bound to have a hot game, we need it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

My judgement on the trade is based on two factors.
- Bogey getting hot and heavily contributing to one or two playoff wins (preferably in 2nd round/ECF).
- CMC becoming rotation worthy player over the next two years

Bogey has been pretty bad, but for a half year rental you really only need them to have a few big games at the right time for them to be worth it.

Game three is the time.

I'm predicting he busts a move this game.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#862 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:45 pm

Dat2U wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:
closg00 wrote:Dude is also driving down his FA value. Bob is bound to have a hot game, we need it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

My judgement on the trade is based on two factors.
- Bogey getting hot and heavily contributing to one or two playoff wins (preferably in 2nd round/ECF).
- CMC becoming rotation worthy player over the next two years

Bogey has been pretty bad, but for a half year rental you really only need them to have a few big games at the right time for them to be worth it.

There's a better shot of 1 than 2. Maybe Bogs will have a Juan Dixon game at some point. But he's been really bad - basically unplayable. I wish we had the 1st - or dealt it for a legitimate scorer in Lou Will.

We'll hang on to CMC since Ernie traded for him but there's little evidence that he's suddenly going to blossom into an NBA caliber player. The D-league and current FA lists are littered with guys who could probably offer more to the team right now or next year.

He's been cold. I'm waiting for the Olympics Bogs to show up.

His first week with the Wizards was hot Juan-Dixonesque. (Congratulations to JD on being named HC at Coppin State!).

Bogs is due.

Bye bye Beal.
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Re: Woj: Nets trade Bogdanovic to Wizards 

Post#863 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Another burned draft pick. Let's be honest here, the pick was traded just to get rid of a guy that EG signed a few months earlier. Anything else would have been a bonus.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#864 » by queridiculo » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:01 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
I remember reading somewhere that the Lakers liked Corey Brewer as an asset (I know it is crazy Magic is their GM) and that the Wizards were only going get the deal done if they included Oubre, which would not have been worth it. At the end of the day, Nicholson's contract was much worse than Brewer's given that it was more expensive and longer.

I doubt they looked at Brewer as an asset, but I also doubt they looked at Nicholson's turd sandwhich of a contract and said "mmh, that IS a tasty burger".
sfam
Assistant Coach
And1: 548

Post#865 » by sfam » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:03 pm

I haven't given up on Bogs. Assuming we get past Atlanta, and the Celtics/Bulls, I don't think we get by Cleveland without significant points off the bench. The impact is not finalized at all yet. Bogs has to answer the bell.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#866 » by Kanyewest » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:49 am

queridiculo wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:
I remember reading somewhere that the Lakers liked Corey Brewer as an asset (I know it is crazy Magic is their GM) and that the Wizards were only going get the deal done if they included Oubre, which would not have been worth it. At the end of the day, Nicholson's contract was much worse than Brewer's given that it was more expensive and longer.

I doubt they looked at Brewer as an asset, but I also doubt they looked at Nicholson's turd sandwhich of a contract and said "mmh, that IS a tasty burger".

Corey Brewer is a "proven veteran". :)
Read on Twitter
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#867 » by Kanyewest » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:23 am

Bojan' had 14 points with a 79 TS%, 6 rebounds and a steal in 25 minutes . Helped Washington outscore Atlanta's bench, 26-19.
RealGM

Post#868 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:48 am

Kanyewest wrote:Bojan' had 14 points with a 79 TS%, 6 rebounds and a steal in 25 minutes . Helped Washington outscore Atlanta's bench, 26-19.

Looking good...

Bye bye Beal.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#869 » by tontoz » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:04 pm

Through 5 games he has a TS of 51.5%, not exactly what I am looking for from a designated scorer. At least he is doing well on the boards.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
bsilver
Pro Prospect
And1: 466

Post#870 » by bsilver » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:25 pm

Who else would be a scoring threat off the bench during the playoffs? Smith and Oubre have had plenty of chances but haven't produced on offense. We would be forced to try Burke or Mac as designated shooters. I would like to try a Mac/Wall combination rather than Wall/Jennings when Beal has to come out.

Don't think we have much of a chance to advance in the playoffs unless we have Bog and he plays as well as yesterday.
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics — quote popularized by Mark Twain.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#871 » by pcbothwel » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:21 pm

tontoz wrote:Through 5 games he has a TS of 51.5%, not exactly what I am looking for from a designated scorer. At least he is doing well on the boards.

Agreed, but I think game 5 was exactly what he needed for his confidence. He made his shots, got to the line, was active on the boards and defensively, and had 0 turnovers. He was basically what Otto has been all year.
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#872 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:39 pm

Kanyewest wrote:Bojan' had 14 points with a 79 TS%, 6 rebounds and a steal in 25 minutes . Helped Washington outscore Atlanta's bench, 26-19.

About time he earned his paycheck. Good game from him last night.
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#873 » by Kanyewest » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:29 pm

tontoz wrote:Through 5 games he has a TS of 51.5%, not exactly what I am looking for from a designated scorer. At least he is doing well on the boards.

Yeah Bojan is actually the second best rebounder on the team in terms of rebounding percentage.

Bojan needs to shoot better but guys like Beal, Gortat, and Morris all have lower TS%. Even role players like Oubre and Smith are struggling . The Hawks defensive scheme has been pretty good especially over the last 3 games.

Sent from my LG-D851 using RealGM mobile app
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#874 » by queridiculo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:25 pm

Just how much did the Hawks scheme have to do with the Wizards going uncharacteristically cold from beyond the arch considering how well they've done on those attempts during the regular season?

The Wizards are missing a lot of open looks, would be nice to see that dry spell to come to an end in game 6, the Wizards are overdue.
Kanyewest
General Manager

Post#875 » by Kanyewest » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:54 pm

queridiculo wrote:Just how much did the Hawks scheme have to do with the Wizards going uncharacteristically cold from beyond the arch considering how well they've done on those attempts during the regular season?

The Wizards are missing a lot of open looks, would be nice to see that dry spell to come to an end in game 6, the Wizards are overdue.

True the Wizards are missing a lot of attempts from 3. I would be curious to see how many wide open attempts the Wizards are attempting. Strangely enough, the Wizards are shooting more 3s (27 per game vs 25 per game) but shooting a MUCH lower percentage (27% vs 37%). The biggest culprit right now is Beal and Bojan who are shooting 3s in the 20s; although at least Bojan is shooting a respectable percentage over his last 2 games. I feel like teams have game planned better for Otto during the last month of the season as he has only shot 35% during the last month of the season and 33% for the playoffs.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,904

Post#876 » by TGW » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:43 pm

I tried to book a flight on air Bogdanovich...no flights available. :(
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#877 » by payitforward » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:21 am

As has been pointed out, with Porter at max, we'll be @$115m for 10 players (Wall, Beal, Gortat, Morris, Porter, Mahinmi, Oubre, Smith, Satoransky & McCullough). Assume McClellan @ $1.3m, & that leaves us @ $5-7m to add 3-4 players while staying under the tax.

We have 3 significant needs -- above all a backup PG, but also a backup SG & an upgrade somehow at PF. Hard to see how to accomplish that.

Could/would we trade Gortat, start Mahinmi, & reach the above goals in what we get back? I don't know; you tell me.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
sfam
Assistant Coach
And1: 548

Post#878 » by sfam » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:57 pm

Kanyewest wrote:

Yeah Bojan is actually the second best rebounder on the team in terms of rebounding percentage.

Bojan needs to shoot better but guys like Beal, Gortat, and Morris all have lower TS%. Even role players like Oubre and Smith are struggling . The Hawks defensive scheme has been pretty good especially over the last 3 games.

Sent from my LG-D851 using RealGM mobile app

At some level, looking for shooting role players in the playoffs is sort of a numbers game. Get enough of them and then rotate them during the game to see who's hot and go with that person. Maybe its Porter, maybe its Bo Buckets, maybe its Morris. If you only have one or two you're SOL if they're cold.

Bo Buckets will probably make a difference in at least a few games. Would be great if its 3 or more.
RealGM

Post#879 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:38 pm

TGW wrote:I tried to book a flight on air Bogdanovich...no flights available. :(

Now I'm laughing at your jokes. Damn, I think I need a new nemesis!

In the category of turnaround, John Wall (or his representative) responded to my tweet where I told him I think he's incredible. Nice, hardworking, humble, young MAN. Dude's a grown assed man now. His humility plus hard work is showing dividends in his improved play.

The reason I think the Wizards win this series is leadership is with them. Boston has great leadership and a lot of sharp guys. However, none of them beside that little dude (so sad for him and his family at this time of loss) are transcendent talents. John can lead by example at both ends of the court. Playoff appearance experience is with Washington. These same big four swept Toronto.

They HATE Boston.

Beal is a MFer in a good way when he is angry. John Wall is, too. I just don't see Boston being able to outfight over the duration this Wizards. Goons against goons WE win.

Boston will know that after game one.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#880 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:39 pm

payitforward wrote:As has been pointed out, with Porter at max, we'll be @$115m for 10 players (Wall, Beal, Gortat, Morris, Porter, Mahinmi, Oubre, Smith, Satoransky & McCullough). Assume McClellan @ $1.3m, & that leaves us @ $5-7m to add 3-4 players while staying under the tax.

We have 3 significant needs -- above all a backup PG, but also a backup SG & an upgrade somehow at PF. Hard to see how to accomplish that.

Could/would we trade Gortat, start Mahinmi, & reach the above goals in what we get back? I don't know; you tell me.

Pif looking forward. I am stuck on the today. :)

Jennings been playing like a decent backup PG to me.

Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards