GT #61-Wiz vs Orlando 5PM

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Re: RE: Re: GT #61-Wiz vs Orlando 5PM 

Post#201 » by dangermouse » Mon Mar 6, 2017 1:36 pm

624 wrote:
Induveca wrote:I watched Bogdanovich a ton in NYC on local TV. The guy was *constantly* double teamed on the Nets, and still scored.

The guy never had an open shot. This is a great pickup, and he hasn't even gotten a pick and roll game going (he was basically the Nets PG for important possessions). He can finish strong at the rim.

He never played PG for the Nets on any possession. Great shooter but he's a horrid ball handler

Sent from my SM-G920V using RealGM mobile app

I think he's about as good at handling the ball as Beal was a couple of years ago. He can control the ball quite well on drives to the cup but I wouldn't use him as a point forward ever.

Can we sign him long term? Seriously this dude. We need him. Trade Gortat for cap space and a second or two at the end of the season.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
bobbeaver
Junior
And1: 246

Post#202 » by bobbeaver » Mon Mar 6, 2017 1:58 pm

dangermouse wrote:
624 wrote:
Induveca wrote:I watched Bogdanovich a ton in NYC on local TV. The guy was *constantly* double teamed on the Nets, and still scored.

The guy never had an open shot. This is a great pickup, and he hasn't even gotten a pick and roll game going (he was basically the Nets PG for important possessions). He can finish strong at the rim.

He never played PG for the Nets on any possession. Great shooter but he's a horrid ball handler

I think he's about as good at handling the ball as Beal was a couple of years ago. He can control the ball quite well on drives to the cup but I wouldn't use him as a point forward ever.

Can we sign him long term? Seriously this dude. We need him. Trade Gortat for cap space and a second or two at the end of the season.

Actually he has improved alot in last couple of years in ball handling and driving to the hoop. It is very interesting that he improves much more easily in his prime than when he was young, when he stagnated. Every year you see very big improvements in his game.
sfam
Assistant Coach
And1: 548

Re: GT #61-Wiz vs Orlando 5PM 

Post#203 » by sfam » Mon Mar 6, 2017 2:55 pm

JWizmentality wrote:Oubre has given us nothing for the better part of a month. I'd much rather JSmith get his minutes and play Oubre sparingly for defensive purposes.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Oubre is playing with a lack of confidence in his shot. I don't know how he fixes that but hopefully it happens before the playoffs. We have enough pieces now that we can play Oubre more when its advantageous to us instead of based on necessity.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#204 » by dobrojim » Mon Mar 6, 2017 5:09 pm

Pulled that win out of a dark smelly place. Maybe because we're a good
team and that's what good team's do.

Once again, the refs were jobbing us. Wall could be the most disrespected
superstar (I think 22/11 justifies that label) in the league.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#205 » by dangermouse » Mon Mar 6, 2017 10:25 pm

dobrojim wrote:Pulled that win out of a dark smelly place. Maybe because we're a good

Preach. I don't think he gets fouled on every drive, especially when hes outta control. But there were a number of drives last night where there was clear contact that COULD have been called as a foul, and it just wasn't being called on our end of the floor. It has happened his whole career.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
sfam
Assistant Coach
And1: 548

Post#206 » by sfam » Mon Mar 6, 2017 10:38 pm

dangermouse wrote:
624 wrote:

Agreed. Boggy D is definitely worth going into the luxury tax to keep long term. His offense is better than his defense is bad. He plays decent team defense and seems a pretty smart player who will probably get a decent number of assists (2+ a game).
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,922

Post#207 » by CobraCommander » Mon Mar 6, 2017 11:41 pm

dangermouse wrote:
dobrojim wrote:Pulled that win out of a dark smelly place. Maybe because we're a good

Preach. I don't think he gets fouled on every drive, especially when hes outta control. But there were a number of drives last night where there was clear contact that COULD have been called as a foul, and it just wasn't being called on our end of the floor. It has happened his whole career.

Its interesting because if he gets the foul calls at the rate of even IT he scores 2 more points a game and his field goal % will be (possibly) higher because fouls dont count against your shooting %.

I do think he gets fouled a ton BUT he has to make those lay ups AT the rim.

One thing that is crazy on OUR board is...people want Wall to stop shooting or have less turn overs... but when you look at Harden and Russ's FG% and thier Turn overs...they are at par or worse than Wall... We just seem to hold Wall to a higher standard than the rest of the league.

Return to Washington Wizards