ImageImageImageImageImage

Corey Kispert, Wizards Sniper.

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,322

Re: Corey Kispert, Wizards Sniper. 

Post#241 » by NatP4 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:18 am

Klay Thompson has spent his entire career with Steph Curry and Draymond Green. Kispert could easily launch 8-9 3s per game in that same situation.

But overall I mostly agree, probably not as good defensively as prime Klay, but I think he is in that mold of a super smart physically capable defender. Nothing special athletically, but solid strength and lateral quickness and understands his limitations.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,876

Post#242 » by payitforward » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:46 am

Well, if Corey has the career Szczerbiak had, that will be absolutely great!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 602

Post#243 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=G6c4KtciSRROw7k_R-cf1A

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=wFoPzW-RmzT3SUjvRMsjYw

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=RXRM_Px6eoTk5NHHqIDbGA

Good bounce back game after OKC
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#244 » by AFM » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:00 pm

Kispert was playing big dick style
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#245 » by Halcyon » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:27 pm

Should Kispert be starting? Deni is such a liability on offense, and Kispert's defense isn't that bad either.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#246 » by dobrojim » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:02 pm

Will Kispert end up being the best NBA player of our recent 3 1st rounders ?
(Rui/Deni/CK)
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,022

Post#247 » by dckingsfan » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:34 pm

Halcyon wrote:Should Kispert be starting? Deni is such a liability on offense, and Kispert's defense isn't that bad either.

I would say yes. Run the high post offense through Porzingis, send Beal running around the court with all sorts of back screens.

On defense have Wright their to take the best guard and hide Beal (for offense).

Wright
Beal
Kispert
Kuz
Porzingis

Since Wes likes to rotate an entire rotation, Deni would be better served on the second unit for ball handling, rebounding and defense...

Morris/Goodwin
Barton (since Wes is going to play him)
Deni
Rui
Gafford

Still, that is going to be one bad second unit.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,359

Post#248 » by nate33 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:42 pm

Halcyon wrote:Should Kispert be starting? Deni is such a liability on offense, and Kispert's defense isn't that bad either.

Starting lineups have to face the opposition's best player. It's very helpful to have a defensive stopper like Avdija to slow them down. So, no, I wouldn't start Kispert over Avdija.

Also, I think we want to make sure Kispert is on the floor for all the minutes that Beal is off, to make sure we always have a floor spacer. If Kispert starts, that 2nd unit is going to have terrible spacing.

I'd continue to start Avdija, but I'd ride the hot hand in crunch time.

I actually think things look best when both of those guys are on the court together.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,022

Post#249 » by dckingsfan » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:57 pm

nate33 wrote:

Starting lineups have to face the opposition's best player. It's very helpful to have a defensive stopper like Avdija to slow them down. So, no, I wouldn't start Kispert over Avdija.

Also, I think we want to make sure Kispert is on the floor for all the minutes that Beal is off, to make sure we always have a floor spacer. If Kispert starts, that 2nd unit is going to have terrible spacing.

I actually think things look best when both of those guys are on the court together.

You may very well be correct here - but is Wright or Deni our best defender?
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,355

Post#250 » by Kanyewest » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:22 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
nate33 wrote:

You may very well be correct here - but is Wright or Deni our best defender?

I think it's Deni because bigs off of switches tend to give Wright more problems than someone like Wright
payitforward
RealGM

Post#251 » by payitforward » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:25 am

dobrojim wrote:Will Kispert end up being the best NBA player of our recent 3 1st rounders ?
(Rui/Deni/CK)

Did you say "recent 3 1st rounders"? Aren't you forgetting someone? :) Someone even more recent than those 3?

Or, for that matter, how about the guy we picked 1 year before that run of 3 -- Troy Brown, Jr.?

Then there were our non draft choices the 2 years prior to that.

Which takes us back to 2015, when we traded up a few spots -- at the cost of a R2 pick -- for a guy we then traded in return for 25 games by Trevor Ariza.

The previous year, 2014, we didn't have a R1 pick, having traded it a season earlier for the expiring Marcin Gortat (whom we could have waited & signed as an unrestricted FA). Fortunately, we did have a R2 pick, the #46, which we used on Jordan Clarkson, who turned out to be quite a bargain -- for another team, that is, since we traded him for cash considerations on draft night.

Which takes us back to 2013, when we had the #3 pick & grabbed Otto Porter -- whom, a few years later, we traded fpr 2 expiring contracts -- whom we let walk at season's end.

That is a full decade of Wizards drafting acumen. &, yeah, so far Corey Kispert looks to be the best of the bunch in terms of benefits he delivers to the team.

of course, I'm sure you also recall what we did with our draft picks in 2 of the 4 years just before that horrid 10-year run.... right? What a record of pathetic futility!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#252 » by AFM » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:45 am

Talk that recent history sh*t PIF!!!!!
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#253 » by montestewart » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:11 pm

Don’t forget picking Kenny Greene over Karl Malone. Never Forget!
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#254 » by FAH1223 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:26 am

Read on Twitter
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,976

Post#255 » by DCZards » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:42 am

The Zards need to figure out a way to get Corey more 3pt shots…a lot more. He’s shooting 48% on 3s despite missing his first 8 or 9 threes after being on the injured list to start the season.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#256 » by payitforward » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:24 pm

The kid is playing his a$$ off, no doubt about it.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#257 » by dobrojim » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:45 pm

payitforward wrote:
dobrojim wrote:Will Kispert end up being the best NBA player of our recent 3 1st rounders ?
(Rui/Deni/CK)

Did you say "recent 3 1st rounders"? Aren't you forgetting someone? :) Someone even more recent than those 3?

Or, for that matter, how about the guy we picked 1 year before that run of 3 -- Troy Brown, Jr.?

Which takes us back to 2015, when we traded up a few spots -- at the cost of a R2 pick -- for a guy we then traded in return for 25 games by Trevor Ariza.

The previous year, 2014, we didn't have a R1 pick, having traded it a season earlier for the expiring Marcin Gortat (whom we could have waited & signed as an unrestricted FA). Fortunately, we did have a R2 pick, the #46, which we used on Jordan Clarkson, who turned out to be quite a bargain -- for another team, that is, since we traded him for cash considerations on draft night.

Which takes us back to 2013, when we had the #3 pick & grabbed Otto Porter -- whom, a few years later, we traded fpr 2 expiring contracts -- whom we let walk at season's end.

That is a full decade of Wizards drafting acumen. &, yeah, so far Corey Kispert looks to be the best of the bunch in terms of benefits he delivers to the team.

of course, I'm sure you also recall what we did with our draft picks in 2 of the 4 years just before that horrid 10-year run.... right? What a record of pathetic futility!

How could I forget Davis, oh yeah, well I guess the fact that so far he's been a complete bust
makes him forgettable to me.

TBJ more/less ancient history. As is OP who became 'too good a pick' when mgmt signed him
to a huge deal.

Your summary is painful and a partial explanation as well as symbolic of why we're not
a franchise with a proud history of winning. I didnt see reminder of the great deal that
brought us Markief Morris. LOL.

Kispert is playing quite well though. And Deni at his young age could turn out decently.

payitforward
RealGM

Post#258 » by payitforward » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:20 pm

dobrojim wrote:
payitforward wrote:
(Rui/Deni/CK)

How could I forget Davis, oh yeah, well I guess the fact that so far he's been a complete bust
makes him forgettable to me.

TBJ more/less ancient history. As is OP who became 'too good a pick' when mgmt signed him
to a huge deal.

Your summary is painful and a partial explanation as well as symbolic of why we're not
a franchise with a proud history of winning. I didnt see reminder of the great deal that
brought us Markief Morris. LOL.

Kispert is playing quite well though. And Deni at his young age could turn out decently.

Davis won't be a bust until he really is one -- he still has a chance to be a good player.

That said, there seems to be no chance at all, none whatever, that he'll turn out to have been a good pick.

The two issues are completely different. Even though it seems pretty difficult to get some people to understand that obvious fact -- the difference between "good player" & "good draft pick at #n (i.e. the spot where a guy was taken).

You have to be a good player to be a good pick, obviously. A bad player can't be a good pick! But, even if you are a good player you can still have been a bad pick.

Deni, in particular, suffers from that problem -- Tyrese Halliburton would have been the best pick at #9. Deni's good but Halliburton is better.

Plus the potential opportunities available from trading down have an effect on whether a particular pick was "good," "bad," or somewhere in between.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#259 » by payitforward » Fri Dec 9, 2022 2:56 am

Corey Kispert is having a great 2d year in the league. Above all, he's shooting lights out.

Kispert's efg% is just under 69% -- unheard of for a wing! His TS% is at 70% --!!

His rebounding is actually down, but since the team's total rebounds per game are up by 1 1/3 from last year, I'm ignoring Kispert's drop.

Corey's assists are up significantly as well.
Good stuff!
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#260 » by dobrojim » Fri Dec 9, 2022 4:03 am

montestewart wrote:Don’t forget picking Kenny Greene over Karl Malone. Never Forget!

All time worst pretty much has to be number 5 overall pick
for Foye and Miller. Steph was taken 7th.

Return to Washington Wizards