ImageImageImageImageImage

WaPo: Could Monumental (Wizards/Capitals) leave DC for NOVA? UPDATE: Monumental is NOT MOVING!

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Is this just negotiation?

Yes, they're staying in DC and trying to upgrade the arena
37%
No, they will move to Virginia
63%

Total votes: 19

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Re: WaPo: Could Monumental (Wizards/Capitals) leave DC for NOVA? 

Post#141 » by closg00 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:50 pm

AFM wrote:https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/sports/ted-leonsis-new-arena-virginia-dc-maryland-wes-moore-WKFAWJW6FZAJVDXYAF5BOL467A/

But a source with direct knowledge of the situation told The Baltimore Banner that Maryland Gov. Wes Moore and Leonsis discussed the idea of bringing the NBA and NHL teams to Maryland after Virginia lawmakers left out plans for a new Wizards and Capitals arena from the state budget this month.

Terd just flailing around now. He’s like one of those whirling dervishes just flailing around over and over hoping to get lucky, except not graceful at all, more like a drunk bull in a china shop, if any of those still exist in Chinatown.

I can't tell you how satisfying it was to read this, poor little billionaire can't have his toys
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,448

Post#142 » by mhd » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:31 pm

closg00 wrote:
AFM wrote:https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/sports/ted-leonsis-new-arena-virginia-dc-maryland-wes-moore-WKFAWJW6FZAJVDXYAF5BOL467A/

But a source with direct knowledge of the situation told The Baltimore Banner that Maryland Gov. Wes Moore and Leonsis discussed the idea of bringing the NBA and NHL teams to Maryland after Virginia lawmakers left out plans for a new Wizards and Capitals arena from the state budget this month.

Terd just flailing around now. He’s like one of those whirling dervishes just flailing around over and over hoping to get lucky, except not graceful at all, more like a drunk bull in a china shop, if any of those still exist in Chinatown.

I can't tell you how satisfying it was to read this, poor little billionaire can't have his toys

Turd is such a cheap loser. We will NEVER be competitive with his incompetent self as the owner. He was sitting courtside yesterday with his pal Greenberg. I bet you he gives him those commercials for free since no self-respecting company would actually pay to advertise on his TV channel.

Steve Ballmer is paying for his own arena with his own money. Turd will probably sell some of those 2nds we got from our recent trades just to fund his lifestyle since he's a failure in his actual business life. He's worse than Snyder IMO.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#143 » by AFM » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:30 pm

Maybe he can go to WV next. Pitch it as revitalization opportunity for poorest state in the country. The Appalachian Grand Wizards.
mhd
General Manager

Post#144 » by mhd » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:54 pm

Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#145 » by Kanyewest » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:29 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#146 » by closg00 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:51 pm

I hope this isn't legal spin, and it's solid on the law.^
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer
And1: 417

Post#147 » by Tyrone Messby » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:55 pm

Ted is a monumental loser and it’s ironic he has become a street walker which is what Verizon/Cap One Arena sought to get rid of. :lol:
PaulinVA
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#148 » by PaulinVA » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:20 pm

Read on Twitter
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#149 » by AFM » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:41 pm

Brutal for Ted. Getting booed by fans at Caps games now. I honestly don't think Ted understands the fanbase at all. This all probably surprised him. To Ted, this was probably some amazing idea he was excited to share with the fanbase, a new stadium, not just a stadium but an entirely new microcity or development project, with a new state of the art arena. I bet he thought everyone would be completely on board with it. Just a total flub on his part. I don't think he gets it still.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#150 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:56 pm

AFM wrote:Brutal for Ted. Getting booed by fans at Caps games now. I honestly don't think Ted understands the fanbase at all. This all probably surprised him. To Ted, this was probably some amazing idea he was excited to share with the fanbase, a new stadium, not just a stadium but an entirely new microcity or development project, with a new state of the art arena. I bet he thought everyone would be completely on board with it. Just a total flub on his part. I don't think he gets it still.

He's a tone deaf idiot. That said, I'm really glad the teams are staying. They belong in DC!
In Rizzo we trust
mhd
General Manager

Post#151 » by mhd » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:58 pm

LOL,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2024/03/27/dc-capitals-wizards-capital-one-arena-alexandria-bowser-leonsis/

Turd had to run and hide back to DC because he's too cheap build his own arena.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Re: WaPo: Could Monumental (Wizards/Capitals) leave DC for NOVA? UPDATE: Monumental is NOT MOVING! 

Post#152 » by FAH1223 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:35 pm

Read on Twitter
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 378

Re: WaPo: Could Monumental (Wizards/Capitals) leave DC for NOVA? UPDATE: Monumental is NOT MOVING! 

Post#153 » by Benjammin » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:57 pm

Uncle Turd: "Just kidding guys. I love D.C."

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,906

Post#154 » by TGW » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:01 pm

Benjammin wrote:Uncle Turd: "Just kidding guys. I love D.C."

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Can’t hide behind Snyder anymore.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,932

Post#155 » by Frichuela » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:31 pm

Yeah!!! Eat crow Turd. So happy the Wiz are staying where they belong.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#156 » by FAH1223 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:47 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Read on Twitter
?s=46
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 837

Post#157 » by 9 and 20 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 am

The orange boogers eat this one. Youngkin shares the title with Terd.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#158 » by montestewart » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm

He goes running back to the only feasible option left on the table, after publicly blaming Muriel Bowser for the planned move, and in the press release he tacitly blames Louise Lucas, who helped stop the move and publicly called him out. I think that dude can’t deal with women.

Dashiell Hammett wrote,“The outcome of successful planning always looks like luck to saps,” and I’m not sure how, but that has got to apply to Terd in this situation.

Attempting to take his franchise and arena somewhere else was a good way to squeeze out more taxpayer dollars, and threatening to jump ship in the middle of the franchise’s worst season ever was definitely a good way to further cultivate battered fan syndrome.

He’ll probably expect to be treated like a hero next time he attends a game. If he is not, maybe he’ll turn into King Joffrey.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#159 » by queridiculo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 pm

For somebody that pretends to be so smart, and won't miss an opportunity telling everybody, he sure as heck seems to have a deficiency in making sound judgements.

From his famous 10 point plan, bragging about urinal cakes, the ridiculous championship trophy story, Grunfeld, likening himself to MLK, to this fiasco about the announced move the Virginia, he just loves to embarrass himself in public, and apparently has nobody in his corner to speak some truth.

Ridiculous that Wizards fans are stuck with this weasel of an owner and his son likely taking the reigns.

This franchise deserves to be boycotted by every fan still paying good money to see his train wreck of a basketball organization.

Not much separating Leonsis from Snyder and Peter Angelos.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#160 » by pancakes3 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

lol, hug it out? kiss the ring.
Bullets -> Wizards

Return to Washington Wizards