Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Re: Jump into the Poole Party: The Official Jordan Poole Thread 

Post#221 » by payitforward » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:03 pm

nate33 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
willbcocks wrote:Poole is terrible, even worse than expected. And I hated the trade and had low expectations in the first place.
We have to remember it's the best we could do with Beal **** us .

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app

What did Beal do wrong?

He tried to get paid as much money as he could. It's not his fault that our stupid management agreed to such a monstrous contract with a no trade clause. I don't blame Beal at all and wish him well.

I agree 100%, nate.
I find it really hard to understand all the negativity towards Beal.

He did absolutely nothing wrong. Not in the slightest. Not in any way.

Not to mention that "Poole" is not all we wound up getting out of trading Brad. We also got Rollins, & we also got a bunch of picks & pick swaps.

&, finally, the last word is not in on Jordan Poole.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#222 » by AFM » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:22 pm

The only thing that left a bad taste in my mouth was the poaching of Goodwin, presumably by Beal--otherwise it is what it is...
willbcocks
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#223 » by willbcocks » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:45 pm

Beele for Poole isnt relevant. We traded Beal for Chris Paul. We could have kept Paul or traded him elsewhere.

We needed a direction. The Beal trade got us one. The subsequent Poole trade then set us back on our new movement in that direction.

(My dislike of Poole, however, is tempered by my newfound like of a player i disliked last year, Kuzma. His play anr conteact appear to be both good for this team and for a potential future trade).
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 378

Post#224 » by Benjammin » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:00 pm

I think Poole will be okay over time.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 837

Post#225 » by 9 and 20 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:07 am

Jordan 'who took a shite in the' Poole

Jordan 'why is the water yellow' Poole

Jordan 'brown water' Poole

Jordan Poo
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Post#226 » by gambitx777 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:37 pm

payitforward wrote:
nate33 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:We have to remember it's the best we could do with Beal **** us .

What did Beal do wrong?

He tried to get paid as much money as he could. It's not his fault that our stupid management agreed to such a monstrous contract with a no trade clause. I don't blame Beal at all and wish him well.

I agree 100%, nate.
I find it really hard to understand all the negativity towards Beal.

He did absolutely nothing wrong. Not in the slightest. Not in any way.

Not to mention that "Poole" is not all we wound up getting out of trading Brad. We also got Rollins, & we also got a bunch of picks & pick swaps.

&, finally, the last word is not in on Jordan Poole.
I hope Beal gets a 20 piece at McDonald's tells them he doesn't need sause cuz he has sause at home and doesn't have any sause and has to eat dry nuggets.

They way he colluded with the suns is gross. I'm sorry I'll never let this go!

(The bit here is that I'm wishing him karma, not actual harm).

I will put my Gill hat on and say I hope we have a wink wink hush hush with the league to keep the house down let the suns be happy and we get a #1 pic or two.

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#227 » by nate33 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:44 pm

willbcocks wrote:Beele for Poole isnt relevant. We traded Beal for Chris Paul. We could have kept Paul or traded him elsewhere.

We needed a direction. The Beal trade got us one. The subsequent Poole trade then set us back on our new movement in that direction.

Are you suggesting we should have kept Chris Paul? That may have improved the professionalism of the club, but it also would have won us too many games when we should be tanking. I'm guessing there weren't too many teams with the ability to take on Paul's salary, so we traded him for the most talented young player we could find. I thought the direction was fine - though obviously we appear to have misjudged Poole's talent level.

willbcocks wrote:(My dislike of Poole, however, is tempered by my newfound like of a player i disliked last year, Kuzma. His play anr conteact appear to be both good for this team and for a potential future trade).

I mostly like Kuzma because he genuinely seems like he wants to be here.
Godymas
Veteran
And1: 2,248

Post#228 » by Godymas » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:20 pm

you know it's interesting, Poole is actually averaging less than 30mpg, he isn't seeing some insane usage. The other thing is his efficiency, it's worse, but isn't some massive fall-off from who he was with the Warriors. What it feels like is, Jordan Poole is just an ok NBA player that is a little overpaid. A lot of people look at him as a star for the brief time he was with the Warriors and playing well. The right way to look at Poole is just an average NBA scoring guard. He was pretty much a bench guy in Golden State and that's really what he should be for his career.

I still don't hate the gamble that much, what I do hate is WUJ's coaching when it seems so clear that Deni and Kispert could be the future of this team.

At least Kuz is our consistent guy.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,932

Post#229 » by Frichuela » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:59 pm

Godymas wrote:you know it's interesting, Poole is actually averaging less than 30mpg, he isn't seeing some insane usage. The other thing is his efficiency, it's worse, but isn't some massive fall-off from who he was with the Warriors. What it feels like is, Jordan Poole is just an ok NBA player that is a little overpaid. A lot of people look at him as a star for the brief time he was with the Warriors and playing well. The right way to look at Poole is just an average NBA scoring guard. He was pretty much a bench guy in Golden State and that's really what he should be for his career.

I still don't hate the gamble that much, what I do hate is WUJ's coaching when it seems so clear that Deni and Kispert could be the future of this team.

Yes. Poole is -at best- a top 75-100 NBA player at the moment. And when I say at best, is if he returns to anything close to his 2021-22 season form. I think Wes mediocre coaching may not be doing him any favors, particularly offensively where he is expected to deliver like an all-star.

On the future of this team, I'd say that Bilal and Deni are the top 2. Kispert better improve defensively to be playable in a hypothetical playoff format.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,906

Post#230 » by TGW » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:20 pm

Godymas wrote:What it feels like is, Jordan Poole is just an ok NBA player that is a little overpaid.

I don't know what games you are watching...right now, nothing he does could be considered as "ok". He is quite literally awful at everything according to the data and my eyes. Let's not sugarcoat things...if he continues to play like this, he's not an NBA player. He is China worthy.

Now is it his fault, the coaching, or the system...I think its a combination of all three, but LBH...he is NOT an ok player.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Godymas
Veteran

Post#231 » by Godymas » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:37 pm

TGW wrote:
Godymas wrote:What it feels like is, Jordan Poole is just an ok NBA player that is a little overpaid.

I don't know what games you are watching...right now, nothing he does could be considered as "ok". He is quite literally awful at everything according to the data and my eyes. Let's not sugarcoat things...if he continues to play like this, he's not an NBA player. He is China worthy.

Now is it his fault, the coaching, or the system...I think its a combination of all three, but LBH...he is NOT an ok player.

he's dropping 17 ppg in 27 mpg on below average efficiency, that isn't necessarily China status, especially for a young guard. Obviously that's all he's giving, but what it means is he's a role player, not a star, which everyone pretty much knew but one hot few months made people think he could be a star.

I'd rather see him with more competent coaching though. WUJ is legitimately not a good coach.
Godymas
Veteran

Post#232 » by Godymas » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:39 pm

Frichuela wrote:
Godymas wrote:you know it's interesting, Poole is actually averaging less than 30mpg, he isn't seeing some insane usage. The other thing is his efficiency, it's worse, but isn't some massive fall-off from who he was with the Warriors. What it feels like is, Jordan Poole is just an ok NBA player that is a little overpaid. A lot of people look at him as a star for the brief time he was with the Warriors and playing well. The right way to look at Poole is just an average NBA scoring guard. He was pretty much a bench guy in Golden State and that's really what he should be for his career.

Yes. Poole is -at best- a top 75-100 NBA player at the moment. And when I say at best, is if he returns to anything close to his 2021-22 season form. I think Wes mediocre coaching may not be doing him any favors, particularly offensively where he is expected to deliver like an all-star.

On the future of this team, I'd say that Bilal and Deni are the top 2. Kispert better improve defensively to be playable in a hypothetical playoff format.

it's really really early to say anything about Bilal, he has looked promising, but the sample size is so unbelievably small.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#233 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:30 am

It's a drought with no water in the Poole, Lords of Dogtown style.

Apparently Marc Stein already speculating after talking to league sources that Wizards don't even want Poole. Maybe we can find someone desperate at the deadline... hope he can rehab his value before then, but not likely.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#234 » by payitforward » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:57 am

nate33 wrote:
willbcocks wrote:...We traded Beal for Chris Paul. We could have kept Paul or traded him elsewhere.....

...I'm guessing there weren't too many teams with the ability to take on Paul's salary, so we traded him for the most talented young player we could find....

Per the below, I'm thinking that the entire sequence of transactions was worked out in advance.
payitforward wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:...Did the Washington Wizards trade for Jordan Poole to try to ...move him on in a future trade ... or to make him a cornerstone player of their post-Bradley Beal future?...

Interesting question....
Might be a good idea to think about the trade from another angle.

1. It seems 100% certain that GS planned to trade Jordan Poole last off season. No matter what & for whatever they could get.
2. It also seems likely that GS would have been on Bradley Beal's list of teams to which he'd accept a trade.
3. Yet, we didn't trade Brad for Jordan Poole (plus the rest of what we got in the next day's trade of CP3: Patrick Baldwin Jr., Ryan Rollins, a 2027 R2 pick, & top 20 protected 2030 R1 pick).

Why not?
Well, given that the GS deal took place right after the Phoenix deal, I speculate that it had been worked out in advance.

IOW, moving CP3 to GS for Poole, etc. was likely a done deal before we made the trade with the Suns to acquire CP3!

I.e., the GS trade was not something that became possible once we'd acquired CP3. Rather, to Will Dawkins, the two deals amounted to a single complex transaction in which Beal plus the #57 pick in the '23 draft brought us Jordan Poole, Landry Shamet, Ryan Rollins, Patrick Baldwin, a 2030 R1 pick, 4 future R1 pick swaps and 7 future R2 picks.

From this point of view, Poole simply looks like one commodity among many. I certainly don't think anyone needed to see him as "a cornerstone" of the future in order to do this overall deal.

If he's useful, great. If not, then at least his contract is a much smaller millstone than Brad's contract was.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#235 » by payitforward » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:00 am

double post...
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#236 » by tontoz » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:27 am

At least we have a legit tank commander, albeit an expensive one.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,906

Post#237 » by TGW » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:42 am

TGW wrote:At some point, Poole will play well enough to garner attention from other teams. Maybe even demand a pick or two...the Wizards need to take advantage. Don't fall for the allure of a shotjacking undersized gunner. Just sayin'.

I said this on page one. I was wrong…he will never play well enough to garner attention from another team, unless it’s the Xiandong Tigers.

Worst effing player I’ve seen in a Wizards uniform in a while.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#238 » by Kanyewest » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:36 am

NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#239 » by NatP4 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:38 am

Atleast we can stop all that “change of scenery” nonsense from the offseason.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,396

Post#240 » by Jimmy Recard » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:59 am

Watching him I get the same vibes as the knucklehead crew - Crawful/nick young/blatche. Has some talent but will never reach his potential cause he’s a low iq player who doesn’t play team basketball or make winning plays.

Return to Washington Wizards