Jump into the Poole Party: The Official Jordan Poole Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,359

Re: Jump into the Poole Party: The Official Jordan Poole Thread 

Post#281 » by nate33 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:14 pm

TGW wrote:The first few pages of this thread....Poo really had a bunch of you fooled.

I don't think anyone expected him to be this much worse than the guy who played in Golden State. That guy averaged 25 a game on league average efficiency in games Steph Curry missed. Our version of Poole is among the least efficient offensive players of all time.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 837

Post#282 » by 9 and 20 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:05 pm

I got fooled. I thought he was good for an easy 25 a game. Being this horrible was definitely a surprise. Then the trash about this being his team. And now complaining about coming off the bench being the cherry on top of his poop sundae season. Dinwiddie was traded just few months after signing him and we're still stuck with this dude.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#283 » by pancakes3 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:13 pm

i thought that if jalen brunson could do it, so could he, and that Poole/Kuz would be a dollar store version of Brunson/Randle, keeping us competitive for 35 wins on the season. Didn't know it'd be this bad.

Not a terrible thing though. We've got a lottery pick, more shots available for Couli/Deni...
Bullets -> Wizards
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#284 » by doclinkin » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:11 am

TGW wrote:The first few pages of this thread....Poo really had a bunch of you fooled.

Poole had mathematical probability fooled. He had reality fooled. This was... stupefying.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#285 » by Kanyewest » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:02 am

Nat was right - Donte Divincenzo was better than him.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#286 » by tontoz » Fri Mar 1, 2024 10:44 pm

Shaq says Poole is number 1 :nod:

"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#287 » by AFM » Fri Mar 1, 2024 10:48 pm

How the hell did we go from Shaqtin a Fool HOFer JAVALE MCGEEEEEEEEEEE to the new contender for the spot

Literally the only national coverage we get is on Shaqtin a Fool
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,448

Post#288 » by Slava » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:06 pm

Sorry guys, I don't really watch your games unless you play my team but you lot were running some nice actions for Kispert to come off curls and then have this dumbass thinking he's Costco Curry, polluting the game and turning the offense into a circus. Even on the rare goodnight when his crappy shooting gets lucky, he ends with a game low -12.

I realize this is the equivalent of writing an amazon review for a product my neighbour purchased but I felt the need to get it off my chest.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
PaulinVA
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#289 » by PaulinVA » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:08 pm

Ironically, both Paul and Thompson are dealing with similar change — they’re both now coming off the bench for the Warriors. The difference, of course, is that Paul has almost two decades in the game as one of the NBA’s all-time best floor generals. Thompson has four rings. They’re both going to Springfield.

“Jordan Poole, I love Jordan, and I know he has great, great seasons ahead of him,” Thompson said.

Why does Thompson believe that?

Long pause.

“Obviously, they’re more of in a rebuilding mode, so I think there’s a lot more just on his shoulders to carry the load every night,” Thompson said. “He’s got all the talent in the world. It’s just about staying consistent. He’ll get there. He’s still incredibly young.”

Anyone that understands what the Wizards are, finally, doing — a full-blown rebuild — is under no illusions. The Wizards are dreadful by design. Losing big now gives you the best chance at getting an impact player high in the next couple of drafts. It’s not a guarantee; it’s just playing the odds. So the long-term play should be to take all the lumps with Poole, and see if he can start to become the next version of himself as the roster improves.

https://theathletic.com/5303739/2024/02/29/jordan-poole-wizards-future/?source=pulsenewsletter&campaign=9178780&userId=7030725
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,876

Post#290 » by payitforward » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:54 am

Slava wrote:Sorry guys, I don't really watch your games unless you play my team but you lot were running some nice actions for Kispert to come off curls and then have this dumbass thinking he's Costco Curry, polluting the game and turning the offense into a circus. Even on the rare goodnight when his crappy shooting gets lucky, he ends with a game low -12.

I realize this is the equivalent of writing an amazon review for a product my neighbour purchased but I felt the need to get it off my chest.

You got it off your chest, Slava. We're going to find it a lot harder to get him off our hands, I fear! :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,876

Post#291 » by payitforward » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:06 am

From the same article, here is what Jordan says:

It goes back to being in the present,” Poole said. “I know how hard I work. I know the work that I put in. I know the level of basketball I’ve experienced. I know the level of basketball that I’m capable of playing. I don’t forget that. But, really, just a lot of extra, the noise and stuff that you can get lost in. But I’ve got a really good team around me. I have really strong faith. And I know the importance of being in the present, just taking it day by day, focusing on me, focusing on my game, trying to help our team win.”

Some more from the article:

By all accounts, though, Poole has been a good teammate this season. He and Kuzma have a strong relationship. And he’s in the lab, working on his game. It’s not showing up enough on the court, but he’s not skipping steps. And that’s what this rebuild is supposed to lean into.

“As you guys have probably heard, I’m a huge believer in Jordan,” Keefe said Tuesday. “He’s a great representation for our organization on what a good basketball player is, and how you handle yourself as a professional. This is a guy who’s first in the gym — every day. Who really cares about his craft. He’s a craftsman about it. And that’s something that I’ve been around and seen a lot of guys with, and he’s at the top of the list for that. He’s a great example for all of us.

“I want Jordan to be himself. And that was my message when I first took over. I want him to play in attack mode. And I think this is more of an opportunity for him to do that, because of the amount of time he puts into it. And what he can mean for our team when he does that.”

But, Poole has to be better. Point blank. He could be random on occasion with the Warriors because he wasn’t their best player. They certainly leaned in when he got on a heater, but they were good enough to overcome it when he went off the rails.

“Those are things that we used to discuss,” Warriors coach Steve Kerr said Tuesday. “He was in the gym more than anybody. He loves to work. I think we always tried to just show him Steph and Klay, and the players they were when they were young players, and how much better they got defensively, how much stronger Steph got in particular. For us, we felt like we had really good role models for him, and it was a very healthy situation, for him to learn from some older guys. And I think that happened. I think Steph and Klay, I think they were really helpful for Jordan, and helped him. From his first year to his third, it was just dramatic improvement, and that was because of all the work he put in.”

Let's hope at least some of the good stuff happens! :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#292 » by FAH1223 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:47 am

Read on Twitter
pancakes3
General Manager

Post#293 » by pancakes3 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:17 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

it can be both. we live in a hating-@ss age AND he's complete butt.
Bullets -> Wizards
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#294 » by LyricalRico » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:52 am

Saw a podcast clip where Gilbert Arenas was basically saying Poole has started his last NBA game. His recent uptick in effectiveness against second unit players, plus his initial success as a 6th man in GS, pretty much puts him in Lou Williams territory as a guy teams see strictly as a gunner off the bench.

If that's true, does that actually help his value going forward? Does him finishing the season strong off the bench make him more palatable to teams who are specifically looking for more production from their second unit? Or is that just wishful thinking? :pray:
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Post#295 » by penbeast0 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:59 am

Let's just say it can't hurt his value which was the lowest in the NBA already. At least if he does well at this role, he can do something at an NBA level.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,906

Post#296 » by TGW » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:06 am

He’s worked his way from china bound to decent 6th man. I’ll take that. As his biggest hater, I have to admit he’s been a lot better off the bench. Still not good, but playable.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 837

Post#297 » by 9 and 20 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:35 am

LyricalRico wrote:Saw a podcast clip where Gilbert Arenas was basically saying Poole has started his last NBA game. His recent uptick in effectiveness against second unit players, plus his initial success as a 6th man in GS, pretty much puts him in Lou Williams territory as a guy teams see strictly as a gunner off the bench.

If that's true, does that actually help his value going forward? Does him finishing the season strong off the bench make him more palatable to teams who are specifically looking for more production from their second unit? Or is that just wishful thinking? :pray:

Lou Williams would be a great result. https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/willilo02.html

For a long while therer, I thought this dude was going to be a $100 million boat anchor. If he can get to 25 quality minutes per game, scoring 15 or so, and challenge for 6MOY, I'll call that a win.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
pancakes3
General Manager

Post#298 » by pancakes3 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:58 pm

my buddies and i were debating on whether Ben Simmons gets a third contract, and came to the conclusion that yeah, someone will.

same with Poole, and not only would someone do it, they'll roll the dice on him starting too. i wouldn't bat an eye if he starts next season for us.

Tyus/Poole/Deni/Bilal/Kuz imo is the most likely starting lineup until Poole plays himself out and we go back to Kispert.
Bullets -> Wizards
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#299 » by doclinkin » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:57 pm

pancakes3 wrote:my buddies and i were debating on whether Ben Simmons gets a third contract, and came to the conclusion that yeah, someone will.

same with Poole, and not only would someone do it, they'll roll the dice on him starting too. i wouldn't bat an eye if he starts next season for us.

Tyus/Poole/Deni/Bilal/Kuz imo is the most likely starting lineup until Poole plays himself out and we go back to Kispert.

Said in the line-ups thread that I think Kispert playing well in the Miami game may mean he gets an extended look at that spot for a few games. Yes the hole opened with the need to play Kuz at 5, but Kispert showed enough to get another shot at it, even displaying a bit of a handle. I think Poole is shot as a starter for the season. When either of Marvin or Richaun return I think there's a chance we get a line of:

Tyus
Kispert
Deni
Kuz
Healthy Big.

while playing Deni and Kuz long minutes and making sure one or the other is on the floor with the back-ups.

Keefe cares about defense and we are past the need to stockpile losses. Poole is a trainwreck on defense, it says a lot that Kispert is an upgrade.

And yes I think Simmons gets another contract unless teams determine he is a medical risk. He rebounds, defends, passes. When healthy he's a good glue player off the bench. Some team will see him as an asset. Just don't rely on him to score or star.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#300 » by FAH1223 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Read on Twitter