RealGM
And1: 9,873

Re: The Washington Commanders Thread 

Post#701 » by Wizardspride » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:21 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,784

Post#702 » by Rafael122 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:40 pm

Maye's got red flags but honestly, this Daniels stuff and his agent just screams old regime nonsense. If this is already starting now, I'll pass.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,923

Post#703 » by TGW » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:30 pm

I thought Maye was/is the clear choice...he's a better prospect than Daniels in almost every facet. This is just another reason why I wouldn't take Daniels at 2. Seems like his agent and his momma are just going to be involvde in everything and when Jayden doesn't get his way they use the media to out their grivances. PASS.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 841

Post#704 » by 9 and 20 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 pm

Even with this new ownership group, this team got a quarterback controversy. Somehow over two guys who aren't even on the team yet. De-stinkifying from the Snyder years gonna take a while.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,013

Post#705 » by Dark Faze » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:49 pm

Rafael122 wrote:Maye's got red flags but honestly, this Daniels stuff and his agent just screams old regime nonsense. If this is already starting now, I'll pass.

Vibes are definitely starting to go in the wrong direction for Daniels. The only question is if it's just an inexperienced agent speaking his mind out loud or if it's a calculated move by his camp to land in some place other than Washington.

Someone in the media made a good point recently about Peters' specific experience with the Purdy/Trey Lance situation. That kind of situation is enough to make you want to really think outside the box with this stuff. That isn't to suggest Trey had a bad attitude or anything, just that there seem to be certain gut feelings GM's and coaches get about certain players that aren't high on big boards. There was a reason that Shanny drafted Kirk Cousins the same year as RG3 for example.

Anyway, all I can do is trust Peters here, but man, there's a *lot* riding on this. The concensus is that he's already off to an eh start with missing on Macdonald and Johnson, and picking the inferior QB while having guys declined to take thrive would set this new regime off to a horrible start.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,111

Post#706 » by Dat2U » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:44 pm

The most talented QB in the draft not named Caleb is Drake Maye but these former coaches seem stuck on his poor footwork which is quite fixable. His combination of aggressiveness with the touch on his deep ball is special. He's also a legit 6-4, solidly built but is also a really good athlete. I buy the Big Ben comparisons.

Jayden Daniels on the other hand is a game manager
in the Tyrod Taylor mode. He doesn't take risks and is a bit of check down king. Accuracy is spotty but not poor. What makes him special is his one cut ability with olympic track speed. His best threat will be as a runner ... he'll likely lead the #1 running offense in football ... but do you trust his frail frame that likes contact to withstand 10-12 runs per game?

Michael Penix Jr is a walking red flag. He has significant injuries every year. Looks great in a clean pocket as a natural slinger of the ball but the moment he sees pressure it gets real sketchy - likely because of the injuries. No QB in the draft is more offensive line dependent than Penix. You simply cannot trust his health based off his history.

I don't trust McCarthy and neither did Michigan if you watched how little they used McCarthy and his legit physical tools (red flag). Good arm, excellent runner who did make some good throws over the year in key moments but he was clearly used as just a game manager.

Bo Nix is a steal. In fact I had to be real, I'd prefer Bo Nix late 1st or early 2nd over any QB in the top 3 becuause of the value. Maye is slightly the better prospect than Bo but no QB has a quicker processor than Bo Nix who can see the field and get it out of his hands quickly - think early Drew Brees. Nix is a day one starter.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#707 » by Dat2U » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:47 pm

Maye is always been Peters choice IMO. Peters scouted him extensively last year... had a 5th round grade on Daniels last year. I think they've propped up Daniels over the last few months to hopefully entice a team to make a godfather offer but will take Drake Maye if they hold pat.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,873

Post#708 » by Wizardspride » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:25 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=rzikGQpVCjJKTatZlUAslw&s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,735

Post#709 » by gambitx777 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:29 am

Trade back ! I had talked my self into Daniels but **** me if they really are sold on Penix being healthy ...... **** it .

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
popper
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#710 » by popper » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:23 pm

Yes. Trade back. We could end up with an additional four starting level players, a quality LT and Bo Nix.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#711 » by Dat2U » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:22 pm

popper wrote:Yes. Trade back. We could end up with an additional four starting level players, a quality LT and Bo Nix.

I'll be happy with Drake, ok with Jayden but I really think trading down and taking Bo Nix is the way to go. Or you can draft the next Larry Fitzgerald / A.J. Green in Marvin Harrison Jr and trade back into the late 1st for Bo Nix.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,923

Post#712 » by TGW » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:04 pm

Why do people want Bo Nix? He's a tier below Penix IMO. Looked bad at the Senior Bowl. He needs to be in a perfect situation to succeed.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#713 » by Dat2U » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:27 pm

TGW wrote:Why do people want Bo Nix? He's a tier below Penix IMO. Looked bad at the Senior Bowl. He needs to be in a perfect situation to succeed.

Processing. He see the field and can make quick decisions. That's what made guys like Brady & Brees successful. I don't get caught up in the results, i moreso look at how these QBs are processing what's on the field and the throws (i.e. decisons) they make.

Now I think Drake Maye has superstar upside but he does not have Bo's experience. That's what helps Jayden as well. He has 5 years experience and the growth from year 4 to 5 was huge.

I'm out Penix due to his injuries and how he responds in the pocket to pressure (not well at all). I loved Penix initially at Indiana but I think guys watch him sling the ball in a clean pocket and think wow, this guy is special. But the moment the pocket breaks down, his decision making falters.
popper
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#714 » by popper » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:38 pm

TGW wrote:Why do people want Bo Nix? He's a tier below Penix IMO. Looked bad at the Senior Bowl. He needs to be in a perfect situation to succeed.

I think Maye has more potential but adding several other starters with our 2nd pick is too enticing to turn down IMO.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,633

Post#715 » by pancakes3 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:20 pm

Vikings have 11th and 23rd and need a qb...
Bullets -> Wizards
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,013

Post#716 » by Dark Faze » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:37 pm

11 and 23 won't get you to #2 or #3. They'd need to throw in another 2nd for sure.

Unless Penix is suspected to be off the board by that point (possible given the relative low cost to jump up to the 7/8 range), it'd be silly for them to trade up. Penix is perfect for where they are in the draft atm imo. Great player to take a flyer on, and if things look dicey, you can draft another QB next year.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#717 » by W. Unseld » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:35 pm

Dat, good analysis, I've read that Nix doesn't process well but honestly the reviews of all of these guys are all over the board. Even after reading Caleb reviews I still don't get a sure thing vibe.

What's your take on Spencer Rattler and if the Tenessee QB can't be fixed could he convert to another position like TE?
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#718 » by Dat2U » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:59 pm

W. Unseld wrote:Dat, good analysis, I've read that Nix doesn't process well but honestly the reviews of all of these guys are all over the board. Even after reading Caleb reviews I still don't get a sure thing vibe.

What's your take on Spencer Rattler and if the Tenessee QB can't be fixed could he convert to another position like TE?

The reviews are all over the place because their film is all over the place :D

Daniels & Nix film this year in terms of processing is like night and day over previous years. That 5th year really helps! Alot of guys don't get 5 years worth of snaps and that really makes a difference over time.

Caleb & Maye look much better on last year's film and alot the issues they experienced this year are excused away by flawed teammates & systems.

I like Spencer Rattler. I like him more than J.J. or Penix tbh. Rattler is definitely a gamer who has improved his decision making over the last year as well. Its a really good QB class. Even Joe Milton has alll the physical tools to be a QB (or TE) just raw as dirt with bad footwork. He could be molded into a good QB but teams no longer have the patience to sit through a handful of bad games on a non-elite kid before moving on.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#719 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:52 am

Dat2U wrote:
W. Unseld wrote:Dat, good analysis, I've read that Nix doesn't process well but honestly the reviews of all of these guys are all over the board. Even after reading Caleb reviews I still don't get a sure thing vibe.

The reviews are all over the place because their film is all over the place :D

Daniels & Nix film this year in terms of processing is like night and day over previous years. That 5th year really helps! Alot of guys don't get 5 years worth of snaps and that really makes a difference over time.

Caleb & Maye look much better on last year's film and alot the issues they experienced this year are excused away by flawed teammates & systems.

I like Spencer Rattler. I like him more than J.J. or Penix tbh. Rattler is definitely a gamer who has improved his decision making over the last year as well. Its a really good QB class. Even Joe Milton has alll the physical tools to be a QB (or TE) just raw as dirt with bad footwork. He could be molded into a good QB but teams no longer have the patience to sit through a handful of bad games on a non-elite kid before moving on.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't mind grabbing a second quarterback with a later pick. Travis from FSU could be there in the 6th round, no? Where would he have gone if he hadn't gotten injured?
In Rizzo we trust
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,735

Post#720 » by gambitx777 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:05 am

So if minisota comes with an offer of
11,23, Jefferson and like. Future 4th or something small like that for #2 you probably take that deal right.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Washington Wizards