In Rizzo we trust
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Re: The Washington Commanders Thread 

Post#762 » by BearlyBallin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:42 pm

Wow a DT! BPA Johnny Newton.

Is Allen going to be traded?
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#763 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:57 pm

WTH are we doing?
In Rizzo we trust
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,880

Post#764 » by Wizardspride » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:59 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=ouDJ98XLadVWSwlonBBTrg&s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,195

Post#765 » by AFM » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:32 am

Is this good? I haven't been following sht
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,737

Post#766 » by gambitx777 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:41 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=ouDJ98XLadVWSwlonBBTrg&s=19
Not a fan of the value of thai trade. We really don't get anything but a pick swap. Unless they were really shaky on dajeans medicals.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#767 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:55 am

Mike Sainristil, CB the nickel prospect has one of the highest floors in this draft
Ben Sinnott, TE versatile player who lines up at tight end, fullback, in the slot and out wide, YAC, can block

I like these players but I thought they would be drafted a little later. Still glad to have them.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#768 » by gambitx777 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:06 am

BearlyBallin wrote:Mike Sainristil, CB the nickel prospect has one of the highest floors in this draft
Ben Sinnott, TE versatile player who lines up at tight end, fullback, in the slot and out wide, YAC, can block

I like these players but I thought they would be drafted a little later. Still glad to have them.
Yeah I don't have a ton of issues with the players. Just weird lol. I have an issue with the value of the trade back for sure.

But I hope we try and trade that first 3 back a bit and actually pick up some extra pick.

BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#769 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:14 am

gambitx777 wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:Mike Sainristil, CB the nickel prospect has one of the highest floors in this draft

Yeah I don't have a ton of issues with the players. Just weird lol. I have an issue with the value of the trade back for sure.

But I hope we try and trade that first 3 back a bit and actually pick up some extra pick.

Yes, I’m not feeling that trade either.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#770 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:34 am

We going LB or OL here ?

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#771 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:46 am

Brandon Coleman, OL played LT & both G positions, long arms, probably better at G. Inconsistent but has potential. Good explosive & speed scores.

We have a long wait to their next pick.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#772 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:48 am

Not loving this draft. Really wanted one of those stud LBs in the second or third. Johnny is redundant. Sanistrill is good but was over drafted. Liked Sanders better at TE
In Rizzo we trust
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#773 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:58 am

Read on Twitter

~ Confucius about 500 BC
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,924

Post#774 » by TGW » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 am

I’d say this is an average draft. I think Newton had a first round grade and that’s why they took him. I think they should have drafted Dejean although Sainristil and Sinnott are really good.

I think Daniels is going to get pummeled behind this line. I don’t know how they expect to keep him upright with the current tackles on the team. Scary.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#775 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:18 am

TGW wrote:I’d say this is an average draft. I think Newton had a first round grade and that’s why they took him. I think they should have drafted Dejean although Sainristil and Sinnott are really good.

I think Daniels is going to get pummeled behind this line. I don’t know how they expect to keep him upright with the current tackles on the team. Scary.

I’m hoping a team that just drafted a OT cuts someone we can sign & play. Otherwise… who am I kidding I got nothing.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#776 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:30 am

Luke McCaffery, 6’2” 198 lbs 4.46 speed converted QB sure hands slot receiver

~ Confucius about 500 BC
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#777 » by gambitx777 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 am

BearlyBallin wrote:
TGW wrote:I’d say this is an average draft. I think Newton had a first round grade and that’s why they took him. I think they should have drafted Dejean although Sainristil and Sinnott are really good.

I’m hoping a team that just drafted a OT cuts someone we can sign & play. Otherwise… who am I kidding I got nothing.
They addressed the OL significantly in the off-season . They signed 2 ture centers and spent some good money on the guard spot. I've heard a lot about stromburg moving from center to guard. He was hurt and we didn't get too see him play last year.

So as bad as the line was they addressed it more than is being talk about. We still need tackles but there are some really good tackle late from small schools.

BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#778 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:38 am

gambitx777 wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:

They addressed the OL significantly in the off-season . They signed 2 ture centers and spent some good money on the guard spot. I've heard a lot about stromburg moving from center to guard. He was hurt and we didn't get too see him play last year.

So as bad as the line was they addressed it more than is being talk about. We still need tackles but there are some really good tackle late from small schools.

Ok so OT still available besides the ones already mentioned that I’d be interested in, Ethan Driskell, Javon Foster & Christian Jones. Interested but only because You can’t always get what you want.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#779 » by gambitx777 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 am

BearlyBallin wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:

Ok so OT still available besides the ones already mentioned that I’d be interested in, Ethan Driskell, Javon Foster & Christian Jones. Interested but only because You can’t always get what you want.
I am a big javon foster guy! But Brandon Coleman is probably gonna play tackle for us, AP even said so. But since we addressed the rest of the line. You can't have too many tackles so I'm down with it. !

BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#780 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:08 pm

https://youtu.be/rfMUd4UN8LA

Some of you will remember a poster here “SteveMcqueen”. He now goes by Going Commando on another board. He alway has good insight on the draft and football in general. Here’s what he posted after the pick…

“ Looks like he's either left handed or fairly ambidextrous. Should make it easy for him to flip with the strength of the formation. Guys are harder to pass block when they are equally comfortable attacking either side of you. Especially when they have a big first step like Newton does.

Judging from our new personnel on the DL, I would guess we'll run a stunt heavy 4-3 with an emphasis on generating A and B gap pressure. Not going to be much two gapping I think. We've been good for a while at generating pressure, especially from the interior. But now our coverages should be way better about matching our pressure schemes. With Forbes, Davis, Sainristil, Forrest, and Quan in the secondary, we should be able to generate a lot of turnovers now. I would expect the plan to be to use Davis and Juice for press coverage, and keep the other guys in zones.

I'd be shocked if our defense doesn't massively improve next year. It should go from one of the worst back into the top ten, just off adding Luvu and Wagner and finding way better coaches. But there are a few notable holes in it still. We need Martin or Forest to step up as a traffic director for the secondary. Some of that can come from Wagner, but he shouldn't be playing a ton of coverage at this point in his career.

Second, and perhaps even bigger, we need to find a stud edge player. Almost every great defense is led by one. We need that Alpha dog edge that dictates the protections and punishes opponents when they mess up and neglect to slide protections at him. Trey Hendrickson requested a trade...”

I was thinking along these lines but he said it better then I ever could lol.

~ Confucius about 500 BC

Return to Washington Wizards