Re: The Washington Commanders Thread 

Post#661 » by Wizardspride » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:00 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,867

Post#662 » by Wizardspride » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:46 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=6Q0FGbhsqvX8dvovnwW2-g&s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Post#663 » by gambitx777 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:49 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=6Q0FGbhsqvX8dvovnwW2-g&s=19
I'm sure they are. I was all about a trade back and still am if you're ok starting MM or Jake foam. Or an undrafted rookie or joe Milton.

I was more for trading back when JJ and Daniels were going 10-20 now it's like not all QB all the time lol.

Like I'm all down but you have to have a plan and bo and Penix ain't it in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,012

Post#664 » by Dark Faze » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:43 pm

I've seen too many duds selected at 2 and 3 to feel comfortable with a trade back unless the quantity of picks coming back was a lot. At least 4 picks between rounds 1-3.

Look at our draft history and focus only on picks 2-4 of the last decade or so. There's a lot of guys on that list who were just meh. Yes, ownership and management weren't great and hopefully we've got better decision makers now, but Snyder was a bit more hands-off in terms of personnel during this time outside of QB, and we had a number of guys I would consider solid football minds in the building (Gruden, Shanny's, McVay, etc).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Commanders_draft_history

Given how badly we need a QB we'd have to drop to a first that gives us one of Penix/Nix at a minimum, and ideally quite a few 2nds/3rds. 4 picks overall coming back minimum imo.

The Rams did not get much out of the RG3 trade. We would have won the trade if Roberts ego wasn't absolutely insane. If he didn't do arrogant things (not learn to slide, forced himself back into an injury against the Hawks) then he would probably have been a solid QB, though debateable if better than Kirk.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#665 » by gambitx777 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:52 pm

Dark Faze wrote:I've seen too many duds selected at 2 and 3 to feel comfortable with a trade back unless the quantity of picks coming back was a lot. At least 4 picks between rounds 1-3.

Look at our draft history and focus only on picks 2-4 of the last decade or so. There's a lot of guys on that list who were just meh. Yes, ownership and management weren't great and hopefully we've got better decision makers now, but Snyder was a bit more hands-off in terms of personnel during this time outside of QB, and we had a number of guys I would consider solid football minds in the building (Gruden, Shanny's, McVay, etc).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Commanders_draft_history

Given how badly we need a QB we'd have to drop to a first that gives us one of Penix/Nix at a minimum, and ideally quite a few 2nds/3rds. 4 picks overall coming back minimum imo.

The Rams did not get much out of the RG3 trade. We would have won the trade if Roberts ego wasn't absolutely insane. If he didn't do arrogant things (not learn to slide, forced himself back into an injury against the Hawks) then he would probably have been a solid QB, though debateable if better than Kirk.
I was screaming for a trade back for months when the mocks were normal. But now they've been "adjusted" for the "QB" tax. Even though I don't like Caleb. You can't say he's not worthy of a number one. You can aregue that maye is a top two pick but he's realistically top 5 tallent. Daniels at three is tippy top squint the eyes and sort of look sideways at the top of his draft range but he's a slight over draft. Is it worth it probably but he's maybe a top ten geade.JJ might have a top 20-15 grade but my god JJ at top 5 is a reach that's going to happen. Bo in the first round is super sus and Penix in the first is criminal negligence. But I can see someone panicking and reading something to the charges for 5 or in the top ten to draft Bo .... Penix might go in the 20s .... And I hate both of those.

So with that being said it's much harder to trade back with that being a thing this year. That doesn't happen every year. Just unlucky.

So here is what you look at. We need a lot of stuff. QB, O line at both tackles realistically, a lead and realistically a #2 Edge rusher, safety help, age is a huge issue on special teams. We need depth at LB, secondary and OL.

Make a choice. Fix the QB take Daniels and work some magic trading around the other rounds.

Fix the team and gather assets. You can get a **** ton for that #2 . If mini offers you a record offer for the #2 pick. If they Offer you
2024 2 firsts, 2 fourths, 1 seventh
2025 1 third , 1 fifth
2026 1 second ,1 sixth
2027 1 fourth, 1 seventh
2028 1 sixth, 1 seventh
You almost have to take that. Even if that unrealistic and they offer 75% of that or half that. You really gotta think about that.
Is that trade package realistic, maybe not but **** you could. I wouldn't trade back now unless you get a real haul only because of what they did with the QB tax shananagans with the mocks

So, if you trade back let's say with mini and what ever the trade be it includes those two firsts you could end up with a top edge rusher and a high level secondary player in the first
Say turner and dejean. And have tons of draft capital left to fix the tackle spots and fill in needs. And setting your team up with tons of assets. This team would in one season go from broke in assets and cap to have cap for years to come and one of the biggest war chests in the league.

You can then look at guys like rattler or Travis or Milton or solvis later in the draft. They are solid prospects

Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,012

Post#666 » by Dark Faze » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:14 pm

I mean this is what the Panthers moved for #1 recently:

Bears received: No. 9 overall (2023), No. 61 overall (2023), first-round pick (2024) and second-round pick (2025), WR D.J. Moore
Panthers received: No. 1 overall (2023)

I believe compensation would be similar for #2.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#667 » by gambitx777 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:10 pm

Dark Faze wrote:I mean this is what the Panthers moved for #1 recently:

Bears received: No. 9 overall (2023), No. 61 overall (2023), first-round pick (2024) and second-round pick (2025), WR D.J. Moore
Panthers received: No. 1 overall (2023)

I believe compensation would be similar for #2.
I agree and what would DJ more be worth in picks? Several probably so yeah! If someone sees Daniels as a franchise guy and the commanders say here is what well take. Pay it or leave it and we'll take him. If someone pays good for us.

pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#668 » by pancakes3 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:44 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Bullets -> Wizards
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#669 » by tontoz » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:24 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Wow that would be a surprise.

Apparently JJ showed a strong arm at the combine and ran a 4.5 40 last year.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#670 » by Wizardspride » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:55 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=XUswixMWnyVRJ6IfVmKdBw&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=h9WRRMauj61nOaEwcK3O_A&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=3OAS4lXu1oXeg2-FwMLBAA&s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#671 » by Wizardspride » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=gOylbz_YUJ-FLUJDV_H9ng&s=19
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#672 » by gambitx777 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:30 am

This CB class is pretty deep! S class seems weak but there is a lot of moderate to high ish ceiling guys but they also have very low floors.

BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 599

Post#673 » by BearlyBallin » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

In an interview he said he kicked from 67 yards at his pro day. He said it would have been good but he hit the ceiling.

If he can pop it up that high and that far I wonder if he’s ever tried punting before.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#674 » by pancakes3 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:35 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

In an interview he said he kicked from 67 yards at his pro day. He said it would have been good but he hit the ceiling.

If he can pop it up that high and that far I wonder if he’s ever tried punting before.

With the new kickoff rules, a guy who can sky it high for maximum hangtime has newfound value.
Bullets -> Wizards
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 599

Post#675 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:17 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

With the new kickoff rules, a guy who can sky it high for maximum hangtime has newfound value.

I thought the same at first but after watching some video of examples I’m rethinking this. If correct the video I saw showed the kickoff team waiting after the ball is kicked until the ball is caught by the receiving team, before running to tackle the returner. I’m not sure what the rule is if the ball hits the ground in play or end zone.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#676 » by Wizardspride » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:56 pm

I think we all can agree we're taking a QB at #2.

Just want to know who is your guy at #2?

Drake Maye is my guy.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#677 » by tontoz » Fri Apr 5, 2024 7:04 pm

Wizardspride wrote:I think we all can agree we're taking a QB at #2.

Just want to know who is your guy at #2?

Drake Maye is my guy.

The way i see it we just have to put some faith in our new mgt team. They are the ones watching film of every snap from these guys the last few years. They are privy to info that we aren't.

If that results in picking Maye at 2, which seems likely, then i am fine with it. But if it results in someone else i am going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#678 » by W. Unseld » Fri Apr 5, 2024 7:32 pm

With each article I read or podcast I listen to I get more confused on who "my guy" is. Kevin Sheehan pointed out it's a weird year in that the scouts don't seem to agree on much w/these prospects outside of Caleb.

Maye seems to have highest ceiling and lowest floor. Daniels seems to have highest floor---wonder why no one compares him to RG3 if he's a straight line speed guy--I'll take an RG3 that can slide any day.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#679 » by Wizardspride » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=5wXI6ibFFmhDUa5SlLCmrw&s=19
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#680 » by gambitx777 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:00 am

W. Unseld wrote:With each article I read or podcast I listen to I get more confused on who "my guy" is. Kevin Sheehan pointed out it's a weird year in that the scouts don't seem to agree on much w/these prospects outside of Caleb.

Maye seems to have highest ceiling and lowest floor. Daniels seems to have highest floor---wonder why no one compares him to RG3 if he's a straight line speed guy--I'll take an RG3 that can slide any day.
Well Daniels runs but he's bigger than RGb3 by about 3 inches and he's got longer arms and legs and a better frame to add mass. They throw about the same and have the same arm though.

Return to Washington Wizards