ImageImageImageImageImage

The Washington Commanders Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,736

Re: The Washington Commanders Thread 

Post#741 » by gambitx777 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:40 am

Daniels is fine he's a non controversial pick. If he can limit his bad run plays tighten up his read and gain a little muscle he has a very high floor and an even higher peak.

As a GM if the consensus second best QB, HT winner, arguably best QB in the draft busts or fades due to injury you're not gonna loose your job over that.

I think peters did fine. I would have wanted him to take a risk and trade back. But I hope he does some trade backs. I don't wanna see him trading up we have too many needs.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,924

Post#742 » by TGW » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:48 am

Welp. Well, I hope they have a plan to keep his jersey clean. Suspect o-line + Qb that doesn't know how to properly slide = RG3.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#743 » by gambitx777 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:08 am

Jesus l first wild pick of the night lol . Penix to the falcons lol what lol.

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#744 » by gambitx777 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:21 am

Dajean falling fast and he would fill a need.im not a big trade up guy ...but I. Wouldn'tind Cooper in B&G

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#745 » by gambitx777 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:32 am

So two very very wr needy teams a head of us with some first round grades wr left with 3 picks and Cooper and kool-aid are on the board ! Man ! I hope we can snag one.

Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,015

Post#746 » by Dark Faze » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:53 pm

Falcons move was weird. A very tenured, older college QB chosen to be the heir apparent of a guy who's generally extremely durable and you just paid 40+ mil a season to with quite a bit of guaranteed money.

There's very little way Kirk could lose his spot outside of injury. You have to imagine Penix will grow frustrated at some point.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#747 » by gambitx777 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:07 pm

Dark Faze wrote:Falcons move was weird. A very tenured, older college QB chosen to be the heir apparent of a guy who's generally extremely durable and you just paid 40+ mil a season to with quite a bit of guaranteed money.

There's very little way Kirk could lose his spot outside of injury. You have to imagine Penix will grow frustrated at some point.
I woulder if they were like we don't want anyone here, we don't want to trade back but we need insurance that we could maybe parlay into picks later? And though Penix would be that guy? I'm struggle to understand why they didn't just trade back. But I'm pretty happy that so many WR and QB jumped because now we have a shot to get cooper, Kool-Aid or Tampa or 2 of the three. I can see us trading back 40 .but at 36 by God we have a legit chance to get one of cooper a legit 3 position starter or Kool-Aid. We have 3 picks a head of us I can not see the bills or the pats taking Cooper. They need WR so bad the cards could but I don't see it that means if not one trades he have a chance to get a guy who has a top 15 grade in the second round.

BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Post#748 » by BearlyBallin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:25 pm

Read on Twitter

lol I hope this isn’t me after our round 2 picks.

Part of me wants to see them grab Cooper DeJean if he’s there at 36 or BPA.

Another part wants a trade back for more picks later in the second to grab some OL help.

If we traded back and got any of these OT I’d be happy.

Kingsley Suamataia, Kiran Amegadjie
 or Patrick Paul
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#749 » by BearlyBallin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:43 pm

In the third round BPA if someone drops to us but I’d hope we grab at least one of these IOL: Jackson Powers Johnson, Cooper Beebe, Sedrick Van Pran or Zak Zinter

Some think Zinter could drop into the 4th round when health he’s impressive.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#750 » by gambitx777 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:47 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter

lol I hope this isn’t me after our round 2 picks.

Part of me wants to see them grab Cooper DeJean if he’s there at 36 or BPA. Another part wants a trade back for more picks later in the second to grab some OL help.
I mean they can trade 40 and grab Cooper at 34 that imo would be best of both worlds! This draft has a ton of ot late that have a lot of potential.

BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#751 » by BearlyBallin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:07 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:

Part of me wants to see them grab Cooper DeJean if he’s there at 36 or BPA. Another part wants a trade back for more picks later in the second to grab some OL help.
I mean they can trade 40 and grab Cooper at 34 that imo would be best of both worlds! This draft has a ton of ot late that have a lot of potential.

Yes grabbing a DB with the pick at 36 then trading back from 40 to get an extra pick for a WR or EDGE and grabbing an OT would be great especially if we got this guy…

https://youtu.be/KhSKcLVbIOg?si=lwnmY3fny6z1qE6Y

~ Confucius about 500 BC
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#752 » by gambitx777 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:24 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:

Yes grabbing a DB with the pick at 36 then trading back from 40 to get an extra pick for a WR or EDGE and grabbing an OT would be great especially if we got this guy…

I like kingsly I just don't know if we dropped 40 if he'll be there.
Some OT that I like are
Domanik puni from Kansas
Patrick Paul from Houston
Delmar glaze from MD
Frank Crum from Wyoming
Giovanni Manu from British Columbia University.

BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#753 » by BearlyBallin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:30 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I mean they can trade 40 and grab Cooper at 34 that imo would be best of both worlds! This draft has a ton of ot late that have a lot of potential.

I like kingsly I just don't know if we dropped 40 if he'll be there.
Some OT that I like are
Domanik puni from Kansas
Patrick Paul from Houston
Delmar glaze from MD
Frank Crum from Wyoming
Giovanni Manu from British Columbia University.

It would depend on how far back we moved but he sure passes the eye test and he’s #3 on the Bruce Feldman freak athlete list.

https://theathletic.com/4768413/2023/08/15/bruce-feldman-college-football-freaks-list/

Read on Twitter

~ Confucius about 500 BC
TGW
RealGM

Post#754 » by TGW » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:48 pm

Frank Crum is also a bit of a freak according to testing.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,786

Post#755 » by Rafael122 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:49 pm

Just based on the board, if Kool-Aid is there at 36, you take him. I expect DeJean to be taken within the first three picks. I think Fisher, the kid from BYU and Rogerstein will all be there early in the 3rd round.

At 40, I think you take a linebacker.

My expectation is that Buffalo and New England will take a WR.

Edit: What would be interesting is if DeJean and Kool-Aid are both there at 36. I've seen some mocks say DeJean might go in the mid 40s. I'd honestly take them both if you could. You just remade your secondary with two picks.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#756 » by W. Unseld » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:20 pm

According to podcasts, a dangerous source I know, the remaining tackles are projects, so even though it's a dire need I'm not quite as excited as I was. Now we have so many holes it's almost BPA.
TGW
RealGM

Post#757 » by TGW » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:58 pm

W. Unseld wrote:According to podcasts, a dangerous source I know, the remaining tackles are projects, so even though it's a dire need I'm not quite as excited as I was. Now we have so many holes it's almost BPA.

I don't think that's some secret that only insiders know. The rest of the tackles are probably not ready to start on day 1. The guys I like (Amegadjie, Rosenstein, Crum, Paul, Fisher) are not ready for full-time duties.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#758 » by BearlyBallin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:42 pm

Rafael122 wrote:Just based on the board, if Kool-Aid is there at 36, you take him. I expect DeJean to be taken within the first three picks. I think Fisher, the kid from BYU and Rogerstein will all be there early in the 3rd round.

At 40, I think you take a linebacker.

My expectation is that Buffalo and New England will take a WR.

Edit: What would be interesting is if DeJean and Kool-Aid are both there at 36. I've seen some mocks say DeJean might go in the mid 40s. I'd honestly take them both if you could. You just remade your secondary with two picks.

I hope you’re right about that but I saw a day 2 mock this afternoon at NFL.com by Lance Zierlein that has all those OT plus some all gone by the end of round 2. I think it had the last 3 or 4 teams all taking an OT, and with Kingsley Suamataia going at 40 to the Commanders & Paul going 4 picks later.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#759 » by BearlyBallin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:15 pm

W. Unseld wrote:According to podcasts, a dangerous source I know, the remaining tackles are projects, so even though it's a dire need I'm not quite as excited as I was. Now we have so many holes it's almost BPA.

Speaking of Projects I saw a mock draft where someone said they would like the commanders to use their 7th RD pick on this guy…

Read on Twitter

I don’t know about using a pick, maybe if they sign him as an UDFA …

~ Confucius about 500 BC
popper
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#760 » by popper » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:35 pm

Yeah, I'd definitely grab the best LT and CB with our two 2nd round picks.

Return to Washington Wizards