Most Hated Wizards of All Time

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,371

Re: Most Hated Wizards of All Time 

Post#81 » by doclinkin » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:03 am

Thought of another irrational favorite:

Juan Carlos Navarro. La Bomba. We held his draft rights for so long while he blew up in Spain. Never played for us. But every year fans were waiting to see if we would bring him over. We traded his rights for nobody I can remember. He ended up playing one year in Memphis then decided he'd rather be a god in Spain than a bench player in the dirty South. Smart move. Its hard out there for a pimp. Still, it was from drafting JCN that I started watching Euroball, him and Sarunas Jasikevicius who was a role player as a Terp then ended up a star overseas.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#82 » by pancakes3 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:38 pm

Blake/Dixon are definitely irrational faves, to the point where I had fully talked myself into them being a viable longterm starting backcourt if Gil/LH ever went down.
Bullets -> Wizards
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie
And1: 139

Post#83 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:09 pm

Top 5 Most Disliked in Order:

1.) Nick Young
2.) Jordan Poole
3.) Brendan Haywood
4.) Trey Burke
5.) Davis Bertans

Honorable Mentions:

Troy Brown Jr.

Daniel Gafford (he's the guy that will likely be overvalued and kept around for too long instead of being replaced with much a better option...grab a f@%%%*! contested rebound and stop fouling foolishly for crying out loud!).
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#84 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Dec 1, 2023 5:20 am

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:Top 5 Most Disliked in Order:

1.) Nick Young
2.) Jordan Poole
3.) Brendan Haywood
4.) Trey Burke
5.) Davis Bertans

Honorable Mentions:

Troy Brown Jr.

Daniel Gafford (he's the guy that will likely be overvalued and kept around for too long instead of being replaced with much a better option...grab a f@%%%*! contested rebound and stop fouling foolishly for crying out loud!).

Haywood? What did you dislike about Brendan? Straight up guy, good defender, excellent communicator on D.
In Rizzo we trust
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,735

Post#85 » by gambitx777 » Fri Dec 1, 2023 5:23 am

I hope Bradley Beal plays beanboozled and gets the gross ones every spin.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,359

Post#86 » by nate33 » Fri Dec 1, 2023 2:33 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:

1.) Nick Young
2.) Jordan Poole
3.) Brendan Haywood
4.) Trey Burke
5.) Davis Bertans

Honorable Mentions:

Troy Brown Jr.

Haywood? What did you dislike about Brendan? Straight up guy, good defender, excellent communicator on D.

Brendan Haywood as a Wizard:

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,186

Post#87 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Dec 1, 2023 4:04 pm

Yeah Haywood was great and always provided us more value than his contract his entire career with us, mainly because his contribution was primarily on defense
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,907

Post#88 » by TGW » Fri Dec 1, 2023 4:20 pm

Yea, Haywood doesn't deserve hate. Unlike Kwame, he took Jordan's harsh criticisms and improved his body and his physicality. He was soft as hell his rookie year, and by year 3 with the Wizards, he had put on muscle and had become a defensive beast. He doesn't deserve hate IMO.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#89 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Fri Dec 1, 2023 7:23 pm

1.) Nick Young
2.) Jordan Poole
3.) Brendan Haywood
4.) Trey Burke
5.) Davis Bertans

Honorable Mentions:

Troy Brown Jr.

He had a tough guy personality that didn't translate in his play, sorry.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#90 » by Halcyon » Sat Dec 2, 2023 8:23 am

Are you Etan Thomas?
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#91 » by closg00 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 1:40 pm

1.) Nick Young
2.) Jordan Poole
3.) Brendan Haywood
4.) Trey Burke
5.) Davis Bertans

Honorable Mentions:

Troy Brown Jr.

Gafford reminds me a lot of Brendan “Hands of Stone” Haywood, dufus centers who get occasional blocks and dunks, but can’t score around the basket to save their lives, but did have an impact on defense sometimes.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#92 » by dobrojim » Sat Dec 2, 2023 3:25 pm

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:

1.) Nick Young
2.) Jordan Poole
3.) Brendan Haywood
4.) Trey Burke
5.) Davis Bertans

Honorable Mentions:

Troy Brown Jr.

That sounds more like Etan.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,735

Post#93 » by gambitx777 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 3:37 pm

when Bradly Beal orders hibachi, I hope the forget the yum yum sauce .

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,359

Post#94 » by nate33 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 9:19 pm

closg00 wrote:

1.) Nick Young
2.) Jordan Poole
3.) Brendan Haywood
4.) Trey Burke
5.) Davis Bertans

Honorable Mentions:

Troy Brown Jr.

Gafford reminds me a lot of Brendan “Hands of Stone” Haywood, dufus centers who get occasional blocks and dunks, but can’t score around the basket to save their lives, but did have an impact on defense sometimes.

This is a really odd comparison.

Gafford is an elite scorer around the basket and one of the best rim-running offensive bigs in the league. Every year, the guy leads the league in FG% and is always among the leaders in dunks per minute. Gafford's faults are more on defense than offense. He's not always in position, not a great communicator, and takes himself out of rebounding position by being too aggressive going for blocked shots.

Haywood was almost the exact opposite. He was damn near perfect as a defensive big in terms of positioning, rim protection, and post defense; but he gave the team very little on offense because of his stone hands.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#95 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Sat Dec 2, 2023 10:46 pm

closg00 wrote:

1.) Nick Young
2.) Jordan Poole
3.) Brendan Haywood
4.) Trey Burke
5.) Davis Bertans

Honorable Mentions:

Troy Brown Jr.

I'm glad someone recalls the actual play of Haywood versus what stats might suggest.

Haywood and Gafford have similarities especially when it comes to how highly they were/are regarded by the org. I would say they share that clutz makeup at the position although Gafford has a better offensive feel for the game than Haywood did. Both rather clumsy at the end of the day, and unfortunately Gafford's verticality and shot-blocking will have a few people in the org. seeing him as a linchpin, needed for future success.

I'm hopeful that the new front office guys see him for exactly what he is, include him as part of a trade deal, and target a center who has the physical and mental makeup to be a consistent, real, difference maker on defense.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie

Post#96 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Sat Dec 2, 2023 10:58 pm

dobrojim wrote:
AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:

Not to me. And this clip isn't even one that brings back the memories heavy. It was his overall on-court demeanor, look on his face, body language in moments. So many times I thought when watching him, "Now how about you get tough on the glass???".

I liked Etan, Ruffin, all those other guys, because they tried with all that they had to offer. Etan never struck me as trying to be a tough guy.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#97 » by montestewart » Sun Dec 3, 2023 12:33 am

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:
dobrojim wrote:
AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:

Not to me. And this clip isn't even one that brings back the memories heavy. It was his overall on-court demeanor, look on his face, body language in moments. So many times I thought when watching him, "Now how about you get tough on the glass???".

I liked Etan, Ruffin, all those other guys, because they tried with all that they had to offer. Etan never struck me as trying to be a tough guy.

Etan Thomas’ Alonzo Mourning flexes after dunks were hilarious. I liked Brendan Haywood more than I liked Etan Thomas, but I never hated either one of them like some people around here did.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 837

Post#98 » by 9 and 20 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:06 am

Terd Leonsis rockets up the chart with his latest stunt, or hopefully just a stunt to extract more cash out of DC -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/12/11/monumental-sports-capitals-wizards-alexandria-virginia-capital-one-arena/
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#99 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:31 am

9 and 20 wrote:Terd Leonsis rockets up the chart with his latest stunt, or hopefully just a stunt to extract more cash out of DC -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/12/11/monumental-sports-capitals-wizards-alexandria-virginia-capital-one-arena/

Was just thinking the same thing. This Turdburger is starting to rival Snyder as the worst ever.
In Rizzo we trust
bgroban
Junior
And1: 48

Post#100 » by bgroban » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:25 pm

Does Turd count as a Wizard? If so, there is my answer.

Even as a lifelong Orioles fan, I would never wish him to buy the Nats. That is just too mean.

Return to Washington Wizards