gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Jordan Poole Thread 

Post#81 » by gambitx777 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:06 am

pcbothwel wrote:
closg00 wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's going to be hard for me to get over this trade. Winger/Dawkins were WAY too cavalier with this trade.
I.E. "Who cares about the contract, we will suck for the next few years anyway... Lets just buy low"
I'll say it again, we had Chris Paul and a litany of 2nds/swaps. We could have EASILY moved him for a Lowry + pick type deal and been FAR ahead of where we are now.
I'll fight back on that I think weather the deal was good at the time and weather it worked out well for the team are two different conversations. Jordan Poole could have easily returned to form and been the guy he was two seasons ago. He didn't and that's said but we gave up nothing to get him and we got a protected first for him. weAther we get the pick or not it's still a tradeable asset. I don't think it was a bad deal at the time. It didn't work out because Poole ended up getting worse, that punch really did a number on him mentally I guess.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 837

Post#82 » by 9 and 20 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:27 am

Some great quotes from Poole in this article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/02/22/jordan-poole-wizards-bench/

“If there’s any common sense, with the situation, you should know how I feel. But I’m just going to come out, do what I can do to help the team, keep it moving,” he said, expressing his displeasure with the move.

“I’ve been a point guard the last three years of my career. I haven’t really played in my position all year, just kind of trying to figure that out. I mean, if this is a way to try to get me on ball, I guess that’s just what we have to do. But I feel like I’ve mentioned it, I’ve been a [point guard], I’ve been primary on-ball, I’ve been a facilitator, playmaker, as well as scoring. I feel like that’s kind of where I proved my game and how I play, played to my strengths, and it hasn’t been like that this year unfortunately. I’m just trying to get better in the other areas of the game.”

Poole later added the best way he can summarize his feelings is described in the Bible verse John 13:7, which reads: "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”

“That’s how I’m taking the whole situation,” Poole said.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,012

Post#83 » by Dark Faze » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:54 pm

You've got your money, save your whining for something a little closer to your contract year. You've got plenty of time to turn the situation around.

The not getting enough touches thing is weird. You found a way to be effective while playing with Steph Curry of all people. You can't find a way to get touches with Tyus Jones?
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#84 » by FAH1223 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#85 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:24 pm

9 and 20 wrote:Some great quotes from Poole in this article.

“If there’s any common sense, with the situation, you should know how I feel. But I’m just going to come out, do what I can do to help the team, keep it moving,” he said, expressing his displeasure with the move.

“I’ve been a point guard the last three years of my career. I haven’t really played in my position all year, just kind of trying to figure that out. I mean, if this is a way to try to get me on ball, I guess that’s just what we have to do. But I feel like I’ve mentioned it, I’ve been a [point guard], I’ve been primary on-ball, I’ve been a facilitator, playmaker, as well as scoring. I feel like that’s kind of where I proved my game and how I play, played to my strengths, and it hasn’t been like that this year unfortunately. I’m just trying to get better in the other areas of the game.”

Poole later added the best way he can summarize his feelings is described in the Bible verse John 13:7, which reads: "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”

Poole needs to STFU and ball. He has the audacity to whine given the the latitude he was given for five-eighths of the season. Just zero introspection and he's obviously not watching film on himself because anybody with an ounce of integrity would watch and be like this guy plays like a selfish, undisciplined moron.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,358

Post#86 » by nate33 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:09 pm

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
9 and 20 wrote:Some great quotes from Poole in this article.

Poole needs to STFU and ball. He has the audacity to whine given the the latitude he was given for five-eighths of the season. Just zero introspection and he's obviously not watching film on himself because anybody with an ounce of integrity would watch and be like this guy plays like a selfish, undisciplined moron.

Yup.

I don't know what is so hard about saying: "Of course, I'm unhappy to be benched. Who wouldn't be? But I recognize that I haven't performed up to my standards and I need to get better. And that's what I'm going to do."
leswizards
Pro Prospect
And1: 212

Post#87 » by leswizards » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:29 pm

Worst player in the nba upset that he is coming off the bench, still played 30 minutes. I so hate that I ever chose to be a wizards fan.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#88 » by Kanyewest » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:51 pm

When is the Jordan Poole podcast coming out?
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Post#89 » by penbeast0 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:59 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Dang, I actually sort of agree with Stephen A Smith on something. That's rare. I think he understates Poole's incompetence as a basketball player though. Even if he's at his best, that was a bad contract from GS given the fact that Poole doesn't give you anything but scoring and when his shooting is abysmal too, he's just not an NBA player.

Only reason to play him this year is to tank.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#90 » by NatP4 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:06 am

This is good news. Poole talking **** makes it more likely that he gets benched all together and never plays again.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#91 » by FAH1223 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:28 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#92 » by pancakes3 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:51 pm

They should make him the point guard for the rest of the season just to shut him up.
Bullets -> Wizards
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,358

Post#93 » by nate33 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:05 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

:o
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Post#94 » by gambitx777 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:53 pm

I feel bad for this kid
Like he's digging the hole way deeper than it ever had a right to be. But like he was coming off a high, a ring, big huge contract. Part of the next GS dynasty. Then drymond just destroyed his confidence, he's gets traded, he never looked for help and here we are.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#95 » by payitforward » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:28 pm

Just a little bit of humility -- even false humility -- would make him easier to bear.

But even that would only go so far, of course. He's going to have to do the work to become a good player.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,604

Post#96 » by dc » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:19 pm

payitforward wrote:Just a little bit of humility -- even false humility -- would make him easier to bear.

But even that would only go so far, of course. He's going to have to do the work to become a good player.

Warrior fan here: he showed genuine humility in his 2nd year when he actually volunteered himself to go down into G-League to get more reps in. He came back a better player.

His head probably got big his 3rd year, after starting all the games before Klay got back, then starting in place of Steph after Steph's foot injury late in the season, then actually still starting the first few playoff games when Steph came off the bench after coming back from the injury.

He came damn close to the holy grail of shooting 50/40/90 through 4 rounds of playoffs. He hit arguably the biggest shot of the series with the buzzer beater at the end of the 3rd Q in game 5 that gave the Warriors the lead for good. Huge shot because the Celts had come back from 10 or 12 down at halftime to take the lead in the 3rd. That shot must've taken the wind out of them because they totally faded in the 4th. Then he was on the floor for the 21-0 run in Game 6. Then they won the 'ship. Then the contract negotiations for the big pay day. His ego must've gotten massive by then. Then the punch.....

It hurts to see how it ended in GS and where he is now. Because he once showed humility and put in the work to get better.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#97 » by payitforward » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:10 am

Thanks for this, dc.

No matter what else is true, you got to hope this kid can turn it around. It must be no fun at all between his ears these days.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#98 » by AFM » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:16 pm

Probably belongs in Kuz's thread but here we are back on top

payitforward
RealGM

Post#99 » by payitforward » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:13 pm

& then there's this... which was entirely expected:

NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#100 » by NatP4 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:52 pm

Averaging 24&6 on 57.5% TS in the last 15 games.

Return to Washington Wizards