Official Trade Thread Part XLVI

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Re: Official Trade Thread Part XLVI 

Post#461 » by penbeast0 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:05 am

How about the same deal but with Giddey and the 2 picks for Deni?
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
Jay81
Starter
And1: 480

Post#462 » by Jay81 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:39 am

Deni is better than Haliburton right now

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#463 » by doclinkin » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:06 am

QMemphis wrote:
9 and 20 wrote:
QMemphis wrote:Grizz offer 2024 1st /Salary for Deni Adviji. What realistically would it take to get this deal done.

Wiz were asking for 2 first rounders for Kuzma, and apparently had an offer from Dallas of 2 mediocre-ish picks and still didn't make the trade. So for Avdija, more than that?

Our pick is a top 6 pick which alone is better than anything Dallas offered. But I would add a 25 unprotected and Santi Aldama.

I'd listen personally. 2025 unprotected is a potential franchise changing pick if the Grizz struggle for whatever reason. Add this year's top 6 plus Aldama gets closer. Deni is a productive player on a great contract, but by himself is clearly not carrying the team to wins. It'd be hard to let Deni go, especially as he is rising, but the team would have to pick up the phone on that one. 2nd rounders or other incentive might tip it.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 173

Post#464 » by QMemphis » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:28 am

payitforward wrote:
QMemphis wrote:
9 and 20 wrote:Wiz were asking for 2 first rounders for Kuzma, and apparently had an offer from Dallas of 2 mediocre-ish picks and still didn't make the trade. So for Avdija, more than that?

Our pick is a top 6 pick which alone is better than anything Dallas offered. But I would add a 25 unprotected and Santi Aldama....

The Wizards have just begun a ground-up rebuilding process, hence draft capital goes in the right direction.

Let me ask you this: if you had Deni & we had Aldama & the pick you have -- would you make the trade you're suggesting? :)

Would you want that #6-9 pick in the 2024 draft so much, & would you want Santi Aldama bad enough as well, that you'd be willing to give up Deni Avdija (who's pretty clearly breaking out big time & has just signed a high-value long-term contract) to get that pick & Aldama?

Nah, I didn't think so. & I don't think your extremely clever FO would either.

IOW, I think you're too smart to make that trade. We are too. &, sadly, I don't think an unknown-value 2025 R1 pick would move the needle.

QMemphis wrote:...What realistically would it take to get this deal done?

See above: "a ground-up rebuilding process." Deni just turned 23, plenty young enough to be a key part of that process.

I really don't think there's a "realistic" deal. Not one I can see at least....

Thank you for putting thought behind your post. If I were you guys I certainly would move Deni for the offer giving we don't know if it's an anomaly or if Deni will keep improving. At his best now he grades out as a 4th best player on a contender maybe even 3rd but his game has limitations that's the reason it has not translated to more wins. Say you guys keep Deni and by the time he is 27 last year of his deal your team has not sniffed the play in do you believe he resigns? The opportunity to get another top 6 lottery pick and additional assets creates a clearer path and allows your front office to build the way they would like with their players.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 173

Post#465 » by QMemphis » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:32 am

doclinkin wrote:
QMemphis wrote:
9 and 20 wrote:
Wiz were asking for 2 first rounders for Kuzma, and apparently had an offer from Dallas of 2 mediocre-ish picks and still didn't make the trade. So for Avdija, more than that?

Our pick is a top 6 pick which alone is better than anything Dallas offered. But I would add a 25 unprotected and Santi Aldama.

I'd listen personally. 2025 unprotected is a potential franchise changing pick if the Grizz struggle for whatever reason. Add this year's top 6 plus Aldama gets closer. Deni is a productive player on a great contract, but by himself is clearly not carrying the team to wins. It'd be hard to let Deni go, especially as he is rising, but the team would have to pick up the phone on that one. 2nd rounders or other incentive might tip it.

Thank you for the post. I think if a few 2nds are the difference we can make something work we also have the 38th pick that could be used but that will come with taking on additional salary for the Wizards which shouldn't be an issue for you guys.

2024 pick draft/2025 1st/ 2nds/Santi/Konchar for Deni
Runner300
Freshman
And1: 47

Post#466 » by Runner300 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:28 am

Deni should be traded this summer, while he's still a "young prospect", to the highest bidder.
Let him have a few more 25+ games to up his market value.
With all my sympathy to the Wizards, imho, the rebuild process will take more than 3-4 years.
Including numerous hit and miss lottery picks, and several coaches.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#467 » by payitforward » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:49 pm

QMemphis wrote:
payitforward wrote:
QMemphis wrote:Our pick is a top 6 pick which alone is better than anything Dallas offered. But I would add a 25 unprotected and Santi Aldama....

The Wizards have just begun a ground-up rebuilding process, hence draft capital goes in the right direction.

Let me ask you this: if you had Deni & we had Aldama & the pick you have -- would you make the trade you're suggesting? :)

Would you want that #6-9 pick in the 2024 draft so much, & would you want Santi Aldama bad enough as well, that you'd be willing to give up Deni Avdija (who's pretty clearly breaking out big time & has just signed a high-value long-term contract) to get that pick & Aldama?

IOW, I think you're too smart to make that trade. We are too. &, sadly, I don't think an unknown-value 2025 R1 pick would move the needle.

QMemphis wrote:...What realistically would it take to get this deal done?

See above: "a ground-up rebuilding process." Deni just turned 23, plenty young enough to be a key part of that process.

Thank you for putting thought behind your post. If I were you guys I certainly would move Deni for the offer giving we don't know if it's an anomaly or if Deni will keep improving. At his best now he grades out as a 4th best player on a contender maybe even 3rd but his game has limitations that's the reason it has not translated to more wins. Say you guys keep Deni and by the time he is 27 last year of his deal your team has not sniffed the play in do you believe he resigns? The opportunity to get another top 6 lottery pick and additional assets creates a clearer path and allows your front office to build the way they would like with their players.

& thank you for a thoughtful response... :)

If uncertainty about Deni is an issue, then it applies to both parties in the trade. I.e. it can't be a basis for a decision by either team. You can only work with current reality in crafting a deal.

As to "not translated to wins," our record reflects how few good players we have. If everyone on our team produced at the level of Deni Avdija we'd be quite a good team -- our record would be more like 35-24 than 9-50.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#468 » by payitforward » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:06 pm

Jay81 wrote:Deni is better than Haliburton right now

It's great to see Deni break out, & he's a year younger than Tyrese Haliburton too.

That said, not only is he not "better than Haliburton," he's nowhere near as good as Haliburton, who is certainly one of the top 3 guards in the league, along w/ SG-A & Luka.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,599

Post#469 » by NYG » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:56 am

With the Suns potentially being an early playoff out, would Washington and Beal decide things were better the way they were? Poole, choice of Bagley or Holmes and Kispert for Beal back?
Lucky Once
Freshman
And1: 39

Post#470 » by Lucky Once » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:14 am

NYG wrote:With the Suns potentially being an early playoff out, would Washington and Beal decide things were better the way they were? Poole, choice of Bagley or Holmes and Kispert for Beal back?

Why would either team want this?
Jay81
Starter
And1: 480

Post#471 » by Jay81 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:11 am

payitforward wrote:

It's great to see Deni break out, & he's a year younger than Tyrese Haliburton too.

That said, not only is he not "better than Haliburton," he's nowhere near as good as Haliburton, who is certainly one of the top 3 guards in the league, along w/ SG-A & Luka.
Well Hali is on my fantasy team and has been garbage for 2 months now

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#472 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:49 am

Runner300 wrote:Deni should be traded this summer, while he's still a "young prospect", to the highest bidder.
Let him have a few more 25+ games to up his market value.
With all my sympathy to the Wizards, imho, the rebuild process will take more than 3-4 years.
Including numerous hit and miss lottery picks, and several coaches.
The people on this board who can predict the future astound me. Trade everyone with any demonstrated promise for picks/draft capital.

Just assume the pick will be better than what's traded.

Just assume an asset Ike Deni won't become a very solid prospect elsewhere.

If Deni puts up 25+ here, why not hold on to him?

Sent from my SM-A146U using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#473 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:51 am

payitforward wrote:
QMemphis wrote:
payitforward wrote:The Wizards have just begun a ground-up rebuilding process, hence draft capital goes in the right direction.

& thank you for a thoughtful response... :)

If uncertainty about Deni is an issue, then it applies to both parties in the trade. I.e. it can't be a basis for a decision by either team. You can only work with current reality in crafting a deal.

As to "not translated to wins," our record reflects how few good players we have. If everyone on our team produced at the level of Deni Avdija we'd be quite a good team -- our record would be more like 35-24 than 9-50.
Keep Deni and hope for more players who compete like he does.

Sent from my SM-A146U using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#474 » by payitforward » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:03 pm

Jay81 wrote:
payitforward wrote:

Well Hali is on my fantasy team and has been garbage for 2 months now ...

In February, Haliburton went 40-93 on 3-point shots. Is that what you mean by "garbage?" :)
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#475 » by Rafael122 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 9:45 pm

Dallas trading for Gafford made no sense considering they had Lively, but Mavs defense stinks and we got a first rounder out of it so all good.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,932

Post#476 » by Frichuela » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:06 pm

Rafael122 wrote:Dallas trading for Gafford made no sense considering they had Lively, but Mavs defense stinks and we got a first rounder out of it so all good.

Currently at #24 and with luck it stays there. Quite a few interesting prospects at PG and center could be there for the picking!
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,018

Post#477 » by dckingsfan » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:07 pm

NYG wrote:With the Suns potentially being an early playoff out, would Washington and Beal decide things were better the way they were? Poole, choice of Bagley or Holmes and Kispert for Beal back?

Been there, done that... moving on. Let the rebuilding continue in earnest.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Post#478 » by gambitx777 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 6:52 am

dckingsfan wrote:

Been there, done that... moving on. Let the rebuilding continue in earnest.
Naw lol well just hope they sink so bad one of those swaps is jucey lol .

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#479 » by AFM » Fri Mar 8, 2024 12:45 am

Did we talk about this exact offer already?

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1765042700397723779%7Ctwgr%5E8390e898c000a57632b2c7439fe807d5a6a53f10%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fthesmokingcuban.com%2Fposts%2Fdallas-mavericks-nba-insider-reveals-shocking-trade-package-proposed-that-almost-happened-kyle-kuzma
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#480 » by doclinkin » Fri Mar 8, 2024 1:29 am

AFM wrote:Did we talk about this exact offer already?

Read on Twitter

Yeah we discussed it. Winger said if Kuz was gung ho he would have discussed it more but he was lukewarm about the deal anyway. Kuz looked at the situation and said no thanks. Gave the sense that he didn't think Dallas was in the window to contend any time soon so he would rather stick here for now.

The thought was that the market will be better in the offseason.

The offers available from contending teams were not great. After the season more spots and money will open up. Things always pick up towards the draft and teams that fell short in the playoffs may look at Kuz as a possible answer. Allowing him to freely gun for buckets and lead the team in minutes will inflate his stats and make his personal numbers look tastier, even on a losing squad. Him playing loyal soldier also is attractive to coaches and front offices.

Instead we made the Gafford deal. Remains to be seen what we get from that late pick. There will be good players in the late 1st round. We are rooting for the Pelicans and Suns to catch and pass the Clippers so that pick can climb the board.

Return to Washington Wizards