Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

trast66
Rookie
And1: 614

Re: GT #50: Cavs @ Bullets 

Post#21 » by trast66 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:43 am

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
Frichuela wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:Deni literally going to get benched the whole fourth quarter. I mean not his best game, missed 3/4 bunnies, but you are going to have Poole in there over him and not give him any minute in a close game down the stretch?

The disrespect he gets from this team is laughable.

I’m afraid you are right, there is a clear pattern about it.

Clear and consistent pattern of just bizarrely getting yanked from games.

That’s two coaches, Wes/Keefe doing this, is it orders from Winger? Is it his crybaby act with the refs that coaches hate? Need more offense than he provides (but then why Poole)?
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#22 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:55 am

closg00 wrote:The reason for yanking Deni "could" be that coach wants shooters/scorers in the game down-the-stretch, even shi tty ones like Poole

I guess we are just going to ignore that Deni is shooting 39% from three for the season. And it wasn't down the stretch, it was the entire damn quarter.

I also guess getting stops is not a meaningful goal of this team either.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#23 » by doclinkin » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:11 am

trast66 wrote: Is it his crybaby act with the refs that coaches hate?

I think this gets Deni in trouble not just with the coaching staff but with the refs. Like he starts getting a reputation with them and then can't get any calls. I get the sense he is not his own best advocate. Has a tendency to run his mouth. Little things like when interviewers asked players 'what teammate do you not want to sit next to on the plane?' on the Japan trip, and Deni was the near-universal answer because essentially he talks all the time, lol.

I think Deni needs a vet with a ring to teach him how to get that respect from the refs. Teach how to shut up and win. Sadly his vet coming in was Beal who often would sulk and bxtch at the refs.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,906

Post#24 » by TGW » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:53 am

P000000000000000000000000 with the donut lol.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
2Fluffy4U
Freshman
And1: 83

Post#25 » by 2Fluffy4U » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:33 am

doclinkin wrote:

I think this gets Deni in trouble not just with the coaching staff but with the refs. Like he starts getting a reputation with them and then can't get any calls. I get the sense he is not his own best advocate. Has a tendency to run his mouth. Little things like when interviewers asked players 'what teammate do you not want to sit next to on the plane?' on the Japan trip, and Deni was the near-universal answer because essentially he talks all the time, lol.

I think Deni needs a vet with a ring to teach him how to get that respect from the refs. Teach how to shut up and win. Sadly his vet coming in was Beal who often would sulk and bxtch at the refs.

I have to disagree on that one.
I think it is quite evident this season that he cleaned a lot of his personal fouls on D and does get a lot more And 1s on offense.
I don't see any negative 'reputation', on the other hand - his teamates love him and coaches appreciate his team mindset and nonstop effort.
Whatever the reason for latest two games minutes allocation - I think we should allow ourselves to be the judgdes after the trade deadline and the stabilzation of the roster for the rest of the season. Right now I do think there is too much noise to be able to actually deduce reason or motives..
Runner300
Freshman
And1: 47

Post#26 » by Runner300 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 9:38 am

I don't think it's even slightly relevant, the "crybaby" or any other "reputation" discussion.
You either let him play and deal with the "reputation" offline, or not.
On a team with 82 times 48 garbage time minutes, whose sole purpose is to develop young players,
I wouldn't expect to see a practice of casual NJPs, military style, to straighten up personnel.
IMHO, Keefe just doesn't believe in Deni to have any offensive impact.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#27 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:34 pm

doclinkin wrote:

So it's been reduced to blatant innuendo for explaining what the hell is going on with the coaching staff and Deni? I have to say the plane ride interviews as proof made me laugh out loud for the size of that reach. A comedy segment used as a cudgel a young player's rep is special.

Return to Washington Wizards