ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #61: Bullets @ Jazz 9 PM (MSN/980 AM)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,951

Re: GT #61: Bullets @ Jazz 9 PM (MSN/980 AM) 

Post#21 » by Frichuela » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:17 pm

I was masochistic enough to watch the game last night.

One key takeaway is that the Sexton-Clarkson duo looked way more clutch than Kuzma&Poole. Both are on significantly lower salaries than our duo of chuckers. Think about that, quite depressing actually...

Again, and given that Poole is untradeable, I so much hope Kuzma is traded in the offseason. I rather watch Deni, Bilal or Corey take more shots than watch Kuzma doing his customary 4th quarter awful shot selection show.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,729

Post#22 » by penbeast0 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:32 pm

Butler got a DNP. Sigh.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#23 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:56 pm

Has anyone noticed how demonstrative Deni is when Poole starts playing like an idiot? Just throws his head back, shaking his head, rolling his eyes.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,951

Post#24 » by Frichuela » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:14 pm

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:Has anyone noticed how demonstrative Deni is when Poole starts playing like an idiot? Just throws his head back, shaking his head, rolling his eyes.

Yes, I have noticed. Also, when someone chucks a bad shot early in the possession...
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:00 pm

Frichuela wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:Has anyone noticed how demonstrative Deni is when Poole starts playing like an idiot? Just throws his head back, shaking his head, rolling his eyes.

Yes, I have noticed. Also, when someone chucks a bad shot early in the possession...

Or completely looks him off. Kuzma and Poole looked him off at least 3-4 times last night when he got open or a mismatch deep in the post.
badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 886

Post#26 » by badinage » Tue Mar 5, 2024 8:07 pm

Yes. It’s been going on for a while. And I guess it’s bad? But I like it. He knows how the game’s supposed to be played. And he’s becoming more confident.

It should be evident that this is his team. That he’s the best player. That he’s the longest-tenured. That his success translates to team success.

But because he’s not flashy — or hasn’t reached his peak — or doesn’t hunt shots all the time — and because the team isn’t any good, casuals don’t know it. Most NBA reporters don’t know it.

But I hope Winger and Dawkins and Keefe know it.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Tue Mar 5, 2024 8:43 pm

badinage wrote:Yes. It’s been going on for a while. And I guess it’s bad? But I like it. He knows how the game’s supposed to be played. And he’s becoming more confident.

It should be evident that this is his team. That he’s the best player. That he’s the longest-tenured. That his success translates to team success.

But because he’s not flashy — or hasn’t reached his peak — or doesn’t hunt shots all the time — and because the team isn’t any good, casuals don’t know it. Most NBA reporters don’t know it.

But I hope Winger and Dawkins and Keefe know it.

Yeah I like it too, and have noticed it for awhile, it's just becoming more obvious. Obviously there's a fine balance there, but the stupids need to be notified on this team by someone, cause nobody has seemingly wanted to raise their hand about yet.

Return to Washington Wizards