Gafford x3
Kuzma x2
Kispert x1
Poole x1

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Re: Player of the Game #11 (Bullets @ HEAT) 

Post#2 » by nate33 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:52 am

Kuzma. He was the guy that bent Miami's defense. 16 free throws shows he was working for it and not settling for jumpers. He also did a pretty solid job having to play center and deal with Bam.

Kispert was real good too. So was Tyus. This was a tough one.
2Fluffy4U
Freshman
And1: 83

Post#3 » by 2Fluffy4U » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:59 am

nate33 wrote:Kuzma. He was the guy that bent Miami's defense. 16 free throws shows he was working for it and not settling for jumpers. He also did a pretty solid job having to play center and deal with Bam.

I wish I could agree and give it to Kuz, but the last two minutes felt like such a personal attack on my senses that I just can't find a bone in me willing to give him credit for his total game efforts.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#4 » by tontoz » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:01 am

I feel like we take Tyus for granted at times so I gave him a vote. 16 assists with only one turnover against the Heat defense is pretty sick.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#5 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:07 am

To me Kuz, Jones, Kispert, and Deni have arguments, maybe even Keefe for benching Poole's butt.

Kuzma had the big stat line, but still just takes so many bad shots and has terrible turnovers. He was okay on defense, I guess.

Kispert was efficient but gets ragged dolled so much on defense.

Deni was solid all around had to split time between guarding Bam and Jimmy. Had he made another three or two this would be a shoe in for him.

Tyus uber efficient. 16 assists and 1 turnover is super impressive with 12 assist in the second half.

I'll give it to Kispert by a hair over Deni and Jones.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#6 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:09 am

2Fluffy4U wrote:
nate33 wrote:Kuzma. He was the guy that bent Miami's defense. 16 free throws shows he was working for it and not settling for jumpers. He also did a pretty solid job having to play center and deal with Bam.

I wish I could agree and give it to Kuz, but the last two minutes felt like such a personal attack on my senses that I just can't find a bone in me willing to give him credit for his total game efforts.

Yeah his late game play took him out of the running in my book. It happens too often to keep giving him a pass.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,932

Post#7 » by Frichuela » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:10 am

2Fluffy4U wrote:

This. Anyone but Kuz sorry. I’d give it to Bilal who had the best +- in the team and had a great defensive performance.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#8 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:33 am

Kuz must have been really good in the game’s first 40 mins. I turned it on with 6 mins to go and he almost single handedly - with a small assist from Poo who made no attempt to rebound the ball in his 1 minute cameo - lost the game.
In Rizzo we trust
arusinov
Sophomore
And1: 257

Post#9 » by arusinov » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:59 am

As much as I'm Deni's "stan" I think that this one is going to Corey (and I voted this way)
2Fluffy4U
Freshman
And1: 83

Post#10 » by 2Fluffy4U » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:43 pm

Guys.

Have to point out:
Look at the poll chart - The fact that POTG is a close call between 5 players - must mean something good is going on.
And to some extent - perhaps indicative to Keefe's competence as head coach.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,932

Post#11 » by Frichuela » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:40 pm

For our very own Kevin Broom, good recap of Kuzma's boneheaded last two minutes...

* Careless ball handling that allowed Jimmy Butler to poke the ball loose for a steal.
* Sloppy footwork yielded a traveling violation.
* After missing a difficult turnaround fadeaway, Kuzma got the offensive rebound and inexplicably tossed up a nine-foot floater instead of dribbling away from the action and burning clock.
* Up two with 12 seconds to play, Kuzma flailed his arm and got called for an obvious offensive foul. (The refs also could have whistled him for a travel, if they’d wanted.)

Truly mind blowing...

Looking at his PPA stat, Kuz ended with 81, which is below league's average. Tyus Jones, Kispert and Bilal had PPA's well above 100.

https://www.bulletsforever.com/2024/3/11/24096830/nba-washington-wizards-miami-heat-statistical-analysis
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#12 » by doclinkin » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:04 pm

I voted Kispert in support of his starting. Efficient shooting, passable defense, solid handle. I'd hope that earns him a continued audition for the spot.

That said hard to argue that Deni's defense and Tyus' game management weren't equally critical. I could flip a 3 sided coin on this one.

Kuz was Kuz. Fun to watch and equally fun to blow up about. He tried to do too much, but still, he started against Bam and played small ball center all game. Volunteered for the hard work, called his own number. Hard for me to hate on it, especially given we won, and the stakes are so low.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#13 » by doclinkin » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:09 pm

I do not understand PBJr. He looks so much like a basketball player. A natural. And somehow does very little that has any positive effect in the game. That said I have to remind myself he's only in his 2nd year, and could still break out once he gets comfortable out there. Nice to see him hit a couple shots this game.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,018

Post#14 » by dckingsfan » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:18 pm

Coach limiting poopoo's minutes... definitely the underlying key.

But 16A/1TO wins it for me...

Return to Washington Wizards