GT 73: Nets @ Wiz

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 602

GT 73: Nets @ Wiz 

Post#1 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 am

Games in the 3rd QT
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Re: GT 73: Nets @ Wiz 

Post#2 » by tontoz » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:31 am

Bagley with 2 made 3s in the first half. Not sure how I feel about that.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:31 am

Holmes out with a toe injury. Bummer

Close game but a lot of scoring.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
nir2610
Sophomore
And1: 223

Post#4 » by nir2610 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 am

The lineup with Poole,Butler,Baldwin Holmes and Deni that played in the 2nd quarter was very very bad... Deni barely touched the ball. Butler did some sh×tty things there
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 am

I wish CWS did more of our games. I’m tired of Gooden’s hungry jokes.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 am

The team that can turn up the defense wins. But it doesn’t look likely that anyone wants to defend lol.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 am

Poole with 31 pts so far, where was this guy at the start of the season ?

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 am

Dang OT …. We should win this but I don’t want to get too far ahead of Detroit lol :lol:

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 am

Is this going into another overtime?

~ Confucius about 500 BC
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,359

Post#10 » by nate33 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 am

Good tank loss. We don't want to catch San Antonio.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#11 » by tontoz » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 am

Poole was quoted awhile back saying that playing off ball next to Tyus threw him off his game. Maybe the only way to get the most out of him is to play him at point with a bigger guy playing the 2
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 837

Post#12 » by 9 and 20 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 am

Glad we lost this game. What are we doing with Tyus Jones if Poole is actually good at PG? Can't give Jones 15 mil a year to ride the bench. Call the Zingus trade plus the lack of a Jones trade at the deadline just sunk costs and move on, I suppose.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Post#13 » by penbeast0 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 am

nate33 wrote:Good tank loss. We don't want to catch San Antonio.

Weren't you telling me a week ago that we had no worries in that direction? :nod:
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
penbeast0
And1: 8,679

Post#14 » by penbeast0 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 am

nir2610 wrote:The lineup with Poole,Butler,Baldwin Holmes and Deni that played in the 2nd quarter was very very bad... Deni barely touched the ball. Butler did some sh×tty things there

Maybe Butler's worst game and Poole's best?
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,359

Post#15 » by nate33 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 am

penbeast0 wrote:
nate33 wrote:Good tank loss. We don't want to catch San Antonio.

Weren't you telling me a week ago that we had no worries in that direction? :nod:

I didn’t think a 4-game win streak was even remotely possible.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#16 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

Fine with the lose, can't get too far away from the tank.

A couple of things:

-The team still plays hot potato around Deni for long stretches of games. Kispert won't even sometimes look in Deni's direction, it's kind of odd. Baffling that he's subbed out for a potential game tying three. He's a 39% from three this season, why mess with confidence now, in this season, at this point of the game.

-Kuzma and Poole shot well, but they still don't know when to say enough is enough. That one three from Poole from 36 feet with 20 seconds on the clock is this personified. Kuzma just needs to do one more turnaround because a couple went in - it's a pretty shot, but it's difficult. It's not supposed to be a go to move in this days NBA.

-Kispert jacks up way to many shots. He needs to be more selective. His tunnel vision makes him predictable.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,976

Post#17 » by DCZards » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:Fine with the lose, can't get too far away from the tank.

A couple of things:

-The team still plays hot potato around Deni for long stretches of games. Kispert won't even sometimes look in Deni's direction, it's kind of odd. Baffling that he's subbed out for a potential game tying three. He's a 39% from three this season, why mess with confidence now, in this season, at this point of the game.

-Kuzma and Poole shot well, but they still don't know when to say enough is enough. That one three from Poole from 36 feet with 20 seconds on the clock is this personified. Kuzma just needs to do one more turnaround because a couple went in - it's a pretty shot, but it's difficult. It's not supposed to be a go to move in this days NBA.

-Kispert jacks up way to many shots. He needs to be more selective. His tunnel vision makes him predictable.

I too was a little surprised when Keefe subbed out Deni to insert Butler, who hasn’t made a 3 in forever. Maybe they thought Butler would be better at finding a teammate for an open 3. Didn’t make a lot of sense though.

Yes, that was a terrible shot by Poole. Came at a time where the Zards had some momentum. But overall this was one of Poole’s best games as a Zard. Maybe the best.

I don’t have a problem with the shots that Kispert has been taking, especially since most of them are open 3s. He just needs to make more of them.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#18 » by dobrojim » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:I wish CWS did more of our games. I’m tired of Gooden’s hungry jokes.

I can't get past Miller who I have become negatively obsessed with.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#19 » by dobrojim » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm

DCZards wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:Fine with the lose, can't get too far away from the tank.

A couple of things:

I too was a little surprised when Keefe subbed out Deni to insert Butler, who hasn’t made a 3 in forever. Maybe they thought Butler would be better at finding a teammate for an open 3. Didn’t make a lot of sense though.

Yes, that was a terrible shot by Poole. Came at a time where the Zards had some momentum. But overall this was one of Poole’s best games as a Zard. Maybe the best.

I don’t have a problem with the shots that Kispert has been taking, especially since most of them are open 3s. He just needs to make more of them.

To me, the surprising thing about Kispert is how mediocre he is from charity stripe.
Last night he was generally off (it happens) but for someone with his rep as a shooter, he should
be closer to 85% (or 90%) than 75% at the FT line.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,976

Post#20 » by DCZards » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 pm

dobrojim wrote:To me, the surprising thing about Kispert is how mediocre he is from charity stripe.
Last night he was generally off (it happens) but for someone with his rep as a shooter, he should
be closer to 85% (or 90%) than 75% at the FT line.

I share your concern. Corey shot 85% from the line last season. This year he’s at 73%. How do you explain that?

Return to Washington Wizards