ImageImageImageImageImage

Atlanta Hawks vs. Washington Wizards game thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#141 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:45 am

nate33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I really don't think Haywood was pissed off tonight. He's a grownup. He could see that Blatche was playing fine and he knew he didn't have a good game.

Haywood seemed to be enthusiastically cheering his teammates every time the camera panned over to the bench. I don't think he had a problem with EJ's rotation decisions at all.

That's what I saw. Haywood looked fine.

Sure there is probably somewhere we could have gotten Haywood in a little more but the way it went down looked ok by me.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#142 » by dandridge 10 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:47 am

Rafael122 wrote:It has nothing to do with Atlanta playing small, it's the fact that Haywood did absolutely nothing tonight. OPEC made more contributions in the small minutes he played than Haywood did.

Blatche had 5 blocks. 5! And he had 8 boards to go along with what...13 points? You don't sit a guy like that unless its to take a 30 second breather or because of injury. You play the people who are playing well.

I'm actually surprised that Blatche did not appear to really slow down. I thought for sure that he was get worn down in OT, but his conditioning seems to be better.
hands11
Banned User

Post#143 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:47 am

dandridge 10 wrote:I think Haywood deserves more minutes, but not in this game. Atlanta was trying to make this a track meet and Blatche rather than Haywood fit that game much better. I have no problem with E.J.'s rotations tonight.

I actually still can't believe we won the game. I was gettin' pretty pissed in the 3rd quarter when the Hawks kept beating us down the court, but the Wiz pulled it together in the 4th. Stevensen and Blatche were the difference in the game with their defense and hustle.

Yeah, that one had we loss by 2 back breaker written all over it. But AD was ICE down the stretch with the FTs.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,553

Post#144 » by closg00 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:48 am

I agree with most of the comments re: the use of AB tonight, AB was playing well and BTH wasn't so EJ rode AB until the end.

AB is not in the kind of shape where we could expect this kind of performance out of him two nights in-a-row. However, we need his superior to BTH's athleticism to slow-down KG tomorrow night.
newslowsad
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#145 » by newslowsad » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:53 am

Bummer that we had to go into OT. Doesn't bode well for our stamina tomorrow night. When is Eddie going to learn that the end of game play with Caron at the top of the key doesn't work?
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,066

Post#146 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:55 am

Same time he learns to play Haywood 30 minutes and use Blatche 30 minutes the same game, newslowsad.

You know, when he saves Jamison, Butler, and AD by giving them 32 minutes and WINNING.

That's when he'll pace guys and save them from injury, news.
Bye bye Beal.
hands11
Banned User

Post#147 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:55 am

[quote="Chocolate City Jordanaire"][/quote]

Hey CCJ

Im all about the AB/BH and when watching the game in the first, the moment they start killing us inside, that was my first thought. I wanted AB to come in with BH to close down the middle but that didnt happen.

At least we got to see some OP/AB.

I think now that we have all 3, you will see more combinations. Its just going to take some time. It does change the flow some, so player are going to have to adjust some to learn how to take advantage of our advantages. Im excited to see how they mix with each other.

We have what, 3 games in 4 days. I think your going to see some of those new line ups just because we have to. Specially after this OT.
hands11
Banned User

Post#148 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:59 am

closg00 wrote:I agree with most of the comments re: the use of AB tonight, AB was playing well and BTH wasn't so EJ rode AB until the end.

AB is not in the kind of shape where we could expect this kind of performance out of him two nights in-a-row. However, we need his superior to BTH's athleticism to slow-down KG tomorrow night.

I dont think AB will be club'n tonight.

Nice game AB. Get off your feet young buck. Get some rest. AJs watching.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#149 » by 80sballboy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:59 am

When is Eddie going to learn that the end of game play with Caron at the top of the key doesn't work?

Wow, I don't get that either. Caron never seems to drive anymore. Just settles for jumper Give AD the ball and run a play. I'd rather have Jamison take the last shot than Butler and I know Butler is a better overall player. He's not Arenas.
hands11
Banned User

Post#150 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:01 am

newslowsad wrote:Bummer that we had to go into OT. Doesn't bode well for our stamina tomorrow night. When is Eddie going to learn that the end of game play with Caron at the top of the key doesn't work?

We may have to start getting the young Nick some of those opps so he can grow into it. He has the best moves for that situation. Thats what we did with GA. You just have to let them do it and learn.

But this is the biggest place we miss GA.
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst

Post#151 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:05 am

hands11 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I dont think AB will be club'n tonight.

Nice game AB. Get off your feet young buck. Get some rest. AJs watching.

srsly
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,553

Post#152 » by closg00 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:07 am

nate33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I really don't think Haywood was pissed off tonight. He's a grownup. He could see that Blatche was playing fine and he knew he didn't have a good game.

Haywood seemed to be enthusiastically cheering his teammates every time the camera panned over to the bench. I don't think he had a problem with EJ's rotation decisions at all.

Actually, I made it a point to look over at BTH's reactions during the 4th quarter battle, and he remained stoic with each Wiz bucket those last few minutes. I made a mental note to post that he had regressed in that regard.
Lot's of emotion showed by the other players, but Brendan...........not so-much.
P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#153 » by P'Oed » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:10 am

a great win despite Eddie Jordan being on the most potent crack imaginable. What the hell is wrong with him? He sits Hayballs out during a crucial stretch where they were having a field day with the paint. And then to top it off he doesn't run a play with that last possession. Unbelivable.
RealGM

Post#154 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:11 am

hands11 wrote:
Hey CCJ

Im all about the AB/BH and when watching the game in the first, the moment they start killing us inside, that was my first thought. I wanted AB to come in with BH to close down the middle but that didnt happen.

At least we got to see some OP/AB.

I think now that we have all 3, you will see more combinations. Its just going to take some time. It does change the flow some, so player are going to have to adjust some to learn how to take advantage of our advantages. Im excited to see how they mix with each other.

We have what, 3 games in 4 days. I think your going to see some of those new line ups just because we have to. Specially after this OT.

I hope you're right about seeing the big combinations.
'
I hope I'm wrong that I believe Brendan won't like losing minutes to Blatche AND Pecherov and not playing down th stretch any more than he didn't like not playing behind Etan.

EJ is so anti-Haywood, I think it might come down to a trade of BTH being in everyone's best interest.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#155 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:17 am

dandridge 10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm actually surprised that Blatche did not appear to really slow down. I thought for sure that he was get worn down in OT, but his conditioning seems to be better.

dandridge, when guys score they feel good and when they feel good their andrenalin, stamina, anticipation and confidence all improve .... and they don't get tired.

Power of the mind.

Whenever Blatche scores early he has a good game. Same game in which he scores are when he blocks a lot of shots.
Bye bye Beal.
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 379

Post#156 » by Benjammin » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:20 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I hope you're right about seeing the big combinations.
'
I hope I'm wrong that I believe Brendan won't like losing minutes to Blatche AND Pecherov and not playing down th stretch any more than he didn't like not playing behind Etan.

EJ is so anti-Haywood, I think it might come down to a trade of BTH being in everyone's best interest.

I've always found it's easier to replace mediocre, stubborn coaches than solid defensive starting 7-0 centers, but maybe that's just me.
gowiz999
Veteran

Post#157 » by gowiz999 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:25 am

Orlando loses again, this time to Denver. :rofl:

We're only 3 games back but you have to figure we won't gain too much ground because our next 2 games are pretty close to automatic losses. I still think in the long run we can overtake them.
RealGM

Post#158 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:42 am

Let's hope, gowiz99, that lightening strikes and the Wizards take one or both from Boston.
Bye bye Beal.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,799

Post#159 » by Rafael122 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:43 am

Are you kidding? We're gonna get creamed both games. We might as well not show up.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#160 » by miller31time » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:06 am

At least we can go into the next two games with ZERO expectations (us fans...not the players).

A win is not only a miracle, it's gravy.

Return to Washington Wizards