ImageImageImageImageImage

2 questions, Haywood - Arenas

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

thirstyshocker-
Ballboy
And1: 0

2 questions, Haywood - Arenas 

Post#1 » by thirstyshocker- » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:58 pm

I have Brendan Haywood and Caron Butler on my fantasy squad and have a couple questions.

Why did Haywood only play 11 minutes last night/ Did he get hurt and would it be worth picking up Blatche?

And is Arenas going to come back? If so, How will it affect Caron's play?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,437

Post#2 » by nate33 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:07 pm

from another thread:

nate33 wrote:EJ pulled him early in the 1st quarter because he picked up two quick fouls. Blatche came in and played well so EJ rode Blatche for the remainder of the half.

Haywood came in in the third and was still invisible. He did nothing except get that opportunistic offensive board that fell right to him as he was running to get back on D. EJ again went to Blatche early and Blatche again played well. Blatche was a little gassed near the end, but most coaches just stick with the same 5 players during OT games. You just go with the guys who have a feel for the game.

Haywood was not hurt or anything. He'll probably get a lot of minutes tonight.

Arenas won't be back until March. He'll probably defer to Butler for his first few games after he comes back. After that, Butler's numbers will probably drop a little bit, but not too much.
thirstyshocker-
Ballboy

Post#3 » by thirstyshocker- » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:09 pm

thanks!
newslowsad
Veteran

Post#4 » by newslowsad » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:20 pm

Haywood got two quick fouls last night and sat most of the game because Andray Blatche was playing so well. Blatche is young, so he isn't the most consistent player yet, but I'd say he is worth picking up if you have an empty spot. He had five blocks last night!

Gilbert is PROBABLY going to come back in March. I don't see it harming Caron's game.

Return to Washington Wizards