86%
Bad Guys
14%

Total votes: 14

gowiz999
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#61 » by gowiz999 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:15 pm

Great win. This team is legit. We have beaten Boston twice and Dallas twice all without Gil. We are going to win the SE easily especially if Gil comes back soon. I can't wait until we play Orlando again.

DALLAS JUST GOT OWNEDDDDDDDD
wateryd
Freshman

Post#62 » by wateryd » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:16 pm

yet another fantastic all-around game with contributions up and down the roster. the wizards simply outplayed the mavs in every aspect of the game. an even more fulfilling victory than last year's MLK day thriller, i say.
wermolwermol777
Rookie
And1: 15

Post#63 » by wermolwermol777 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:17 pm

ridiculously impressive.
clubbing_caveman
Junior

Post#64 » by clubbing_caveman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:19 pm

I am looking at the boxscore and I cant believe my eyes. I couldnt watch the game (I'm at work on MLK day :-( ) Was this game as lopsided as the score may indicate?
Ji
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#65 » by Ji » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:24 pm

Wow..this is a stunning victory. Not that we won but the domination. This team appears to be for real. They are hardworking and are playing with 110%.

Add a superstar(arenas) to this team and we may have a team that is playing Boston or Detriot in the Eastern Conference Semifinals. I think we were all wrong about Deshawn
wermolwermol777
Rookie
And1: 15

Post#66 » by wermolwermol777 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:25 pm

clubbing_caveman wrote:I am looking at the boxscore and I cant believe my eyes. I couldnt watch the game (I'm at work on MLK day :-( ) Was this game as lopsided as the score may indicate?

It was score-wise close until a few minutes left in the 3rd. Until then we were never up by more than 5. But at least to me it seemed as if it was just a matter of time until we pulled away.

This probably wasn't the case, but it sure looked a very easy win.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,071

Post#67 » by queridiculo » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:25 pm

It was pretty close until the 4th quarter. Looks like this team has finally developped a killer instinct. In the past we've let teams of the hook to often but now it seems as if the guys on this roster thrive in that situation.

Jamison stepped up after shooting pretty poorly for the first 3 quarters, Stevenson kept knocking down shots and Butler was just being Butler.

It also helps that we continue to get solid contributions from the bench. Young continues to surprise me.
Ji
Banned User

Post#68 » by Ji » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:26 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Keeping it positive, this is another win without Gil over a good team.

This is perhaps the best I've seen Washington defend. Dirk was the MVP last season. Terry was a Wizard killer in the past. Harris was a #5 pick.

Washington shut those guys down.

whats the difference? Is it scheme,chemistry or is this team just better without Arenas. Even last year, when we had the top record in the east at the all star break, we were winning games like 123-120 and having a tough time blowing anybody out.
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#69 » by MJG » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:28 pm

I think I'm now at the point where I no longer will go into games expecting to lose. There will be no more "this is a likely loss, it'd be a nice bonus if we can steal it though" comments when we play the San Antonios and Bostons of the league. I'm not going as far as to say that I expect wins in all of these games, but I don't expect losses either.

We can beat anybody in any game, and it shouldn't come as a surprise when we win these types of games anymore.
Wiz99
Analyst
And1: 160

Post#70 » by Wiz99 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:30 pm

Star players will usually get theirs. Dirk & Howard scored 53. AJ and Caron chipped in 48, nearly exactly equal to their season averages.

The difference today was in the supporting cast.

Dallas got diddly from anyone else except Devin Harris (14 pts). Their other starters were 2-9 for 5 pts, Stack shot a poor 4-12 off the pine, and the only other guy to score was Terry (4 pts).

Our guys? Deshawn was lights out from 3 in the 4th, hitting several in a row while the Mavs were trying to mount a comeback. Daniels added 13. Nick had 9 off the bench. We even got 14 from the combo of Wood, Blatche, Songaila an Opec.

Can you give a gameball to "the supporting cast"?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#71 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:32 pm

Ji wrote:Wow..this is a stunning victory. Not that we won but the domination. This team appears to be for real. They are hardworking and are playing with 110%.

Add a superstar(arenas) to this team and we may have a team that is playing Boston or Detriot in the Eastern Conference Semifinals. I think we were all wrong about Deshawn

He has been amazing.

But don't nx us. :wink:
jmrosenth
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 108

Post#72 » by jmrosenth » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:33 pm

clubbing_caveman wrote:I am looking at the boxscore and I cant believe my eyes. I couldnt watch the game (I'm at work on MLK day :-( ) Was this game as lopsided as the score may indicate?

Indeed! I watched the second half and they thoroughly dominated this Mavs team. Been gone for over a week so I missed the Boston comeback (anyone have on DVD or willing to burn the game...I'll pay) so very glad I got to see the matin
[quote:6312c12ed1="imperium1999"]
i had had two martinis at this point so i asked her if he every shouted DAGGER in the bedroom with her.

she looked at me kinda strangely and said she had no idea what DAGGER meant.
[/quote]
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#73 » by 80sballboy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:33 pm

Damn, is this the same team as last year or even in December? What a defensive effort and this team seems to have turned a corner mainly with the Boston wins proving that we can beat another team with a winning record.
Ji
Banned User

Post#74 » by Ji » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:34 pm

one thing is we havent gone on our famous 5 game 7 day Western Road trip yet
P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#75 » by P'Oed » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:38 pm

seemed like we'd never put them away today but wow, Deshawn was unconscious. Great great win.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,071

Post#76 » by queridiculo » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:39 pm

jmrosenth wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I had to scratch the crust from my eyes, but was that really the same Jamison? He was bodying up Diggler and playing the Big German as well as could be played.

Jamison has really come around as far as the low post game is concerned. Must be Butler rubbing of on him, he's been taking it inside more frequently lately and he's got easily the most underrated postgame of any forward in the league.

When we get arenas back we'll be a force to be reckoned with.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#77 » by dobrojim » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:41 pm

The fella's are playing some legit ball. DAL stayed close but
the zards never really let them gain control. Then finally put
it away when they had a solid spurt of their own afterwhich
DAL never really challenged.

I loved EJ's rotations in this game. I doubt if I ever said that last
year. Play OPec as the first C off the bench, then AB, each for limited
minutes, then coming back with Wood although in the 2nd half,
he was able to simply rest BTH. All our backcourt players played
good solid ball...efficient, low TO and I think they are starting to
really believe they can be better than average defensively once
they really start to play with passion and purpose. They may never
be SAN, but they've been pretty darn good lately.

AJ really should be an AS and I bet he gets caught in a #s game.
Unless we close JAN out in a rush of wins (which is actually my prediction),
they'll only take one Wizard for the main event in Nawlins.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#78 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:42 pm

WTF I thought this was a 7 pm game. Arghh god damnit!!!

No complaining. This team is for real. Can't wait to get Gil back wow.
Ji
Banned User

Post#79 » by Ji » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:44 pm

Feb is gonna be tough

at Denver,At Pheonix,at Golden State at the Clippers. Then we finish the month at New Orleans,Houston and at Chicago. 9 Road games and 5 at home. Would be nice to have GA for the end of Feb stretch.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#80 » by dobrojim » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:49 pm

hermitkid wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Jamison has really come around as far as the low post game is concerned. Must be Butler rubbing of on him, he's been taking it inside more frequently lately and he's got easily the most underrated postgame of any forward in the league.

When we get arenas back we'll be a force to be reckoned with.

It's gotten so crazy in the phone booth that we're seeing AJ
play pretty good D. He's a great guy. He is also highly motivated.
Contract year. That's not necessarily a bad thing for the team that
has him. As long as he plays smart team ball. Today AJ had a couple
or more assists.

Return to Washington Wizards