ImageImageImageImageImage

Coach Eddie Appreciation Thread again.

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Re: Coach Eddie Appreciation Thread again. 

Post#161 » by LyricalRico » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:48 pm

LOL @ DCZards still reppin' EJ. Next thing you know he'll be saying "The fundamentals of our economy are strong."

:rofl2:
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#162 » by dobrojim » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:49 pm

that's bordering on a HOF post right there
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#163 » by Kanyewest » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:06 pm

Spence wrote:Eddie Jordan is to blame for all the losses this year, including the ones he wasn't around for. He's also to blame for all of next year's losses. As for the year after that...We'll see.

But he won't get any credit if things go right. Let's make that clear.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#164 » by JWizmentality » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:16 pm

LyricalRico wrote:LOL @ DCZards still reppin' EJ. Next thing you know he'll be saying "The fundamentals of our economy are strong."

I convinced that DCZards is either Eddie himself or a close relative or friend. Eddie could have beat the crap outta him with a 2X4, and he'd tell police "Nah, I was just kinda walking into the hits." Dude needs a lifetime achievement award.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#165 » by DCZards » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:13 pm

JWizmentality wrote:

I convinced that DCZards is either Eddie himself or a close relative or friend. Eddie could have beat the crap outta him with a 2X4, and he'd tell police "Nah, I was just kinda walking into the hits." Dude needs a lifetime achievement award.

I told y'all years ago that EJ was my 'bro.
DCZards
RealGM

Post#166 » by DCZards » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:16 pm

LyricalRico wrote:LOL @ DCZards still reppin' EJ. Next thing you know he'll be saying "The fundamentals of our economy are strong."

'

The fundamentals of our economy--and our country--ARE strong....now that the baller Obama is in the WH. :D
DCZards
RealGM

Post#167 » by DCZards » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:23 pm

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:
All the players are doing is executing the horrible scheme he taught them. One of the reasons why he is unemployed right now :lol:

Give it break. If the scheme was so bad, then why hasn't it been changed? You talk as if Tapps and Co. are being forced to do EVERYTHING just as EJ did it. You're giving EJ an awful lot of control over a team he hasn't been with for at least three months. You need to recognize that it's the talent on the court that's not getting it done defensively.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#168 » by LyricalRico » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:25 pm

DCZards wrote:
Gilbert0Arenas wrote:
All the players are doing is executing the horrible scheme he taught them. One of the reasons why he is unemployed right now :lol:

Give it break. If the scheme was so bad, then why hasn't it been changed? You talk as if Tapps and Co. are being forced to do EVERYTHING just as EJ did it. You need to recognize that it's the talent on the court that's not getting it done defensively.

Maybe Tapscott just isn't any smarter? I was surprised that he was the pick and not Ayers and I'm concerned that Grunfeld has allowed Tapscott to continue the same failed schemes since the change was made. Hopefully that changes after the trade deadline.

:pray:

But if it doesn't, I'll be fully prepared to flame Grunfeld...
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#169 » by JWizmentality » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:03 am

LyricalRico wrote:
DCZards wrote:
Gilbert0Arenas wrote:

Give it break. If the scheme was so bad, then why hasn't it been changed? You talk as if Tapps and Co. are being forced to do EVERYTHING just as EJ did it. You need to recognize that it's the talent on the court that's not getting it done defensively.

Maybe Tapscott just isn't any smarter? I was surprised that he was the pick and not Ayers and I'm concerned that Grunfeld has allowed Tapscott to continue the same failed schemes since the change was made. Hopefully that changes after the trade deadline.

:pray:

But if it doesn't, I'll be fully prepared to flame Grunfeld...

Word. I'm ready and waiting to take up the cause once more. Brothers In Arms. :wordyo:
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#170 » by hands11 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:51 am

DCZards wrote:
hands11 wrote:

You simply can't quickly judge the guy that comes in to finish building your house after another contractor was building it for years. There is going to be some tearing down of mistakes before you see obvious progress again.

I agree, hands. So when are we going to fire Grunfail. After all, he's the guy that purchased the materials that the (weak) foundation of the house is made of.

Not today and not this year. Actually, not until we get a new owner. I thought I already said that.

Again, if you don't like EG, God help us if we have to roll the dice with what Abe would do next. Is that what your suggesting? Let me answer that for you. By saying fire EG you are saying you would trust Abe to do better. I would like to see the show of hands that really want to roll those dice.

Objectively, we have some good pieces. The problem has been laid out over and over. The timing of what happened this year was as bad as it could be. i.e. Haywood getting injured before game one. Second, needing to trade away our only real PG for a young inexperienced one who is looking more and more like a great talented replacement left us with no PG. Third, we had EFJ coaching these guys for 5 years. No D. Complicated O. No balls for managing GA. Limited Haywood. Limited Blatche. Etc. Etc.

In summary. No center. No PG. Recovering and transitioning from a poor coach = lots of loses.

You talking pieces. I give you CB for Kwame. We kept Haywood despite EFJs best effort to minimize him. We drafted McGee who is raw but looking like a nice piece added to solidify the hardest position to solidify.. center. We have Haywood and Mcgee there. I have no problem with that.

We got GA for nothing. He is an amazing talent in need of someone to help him because a leader. The fact that EFJ let him walk away from that role so he could play the clown is as weak as it gets.

The AJ trade is the one I didn't care for. AJ was a nice piece but not for that pick and not for that price. We needed something different at PF. But AJ did fill a leadership roll on a team that had a huge void in maturity.

We let JJ, Arvis, Ruffin and Hughes walk because it was the right move time and time again.

EG founds a cheap athletic young role player in DMAC and an offensive spark plug (Gordan like but taller ) in Nick Young.

We have the ingredience. Problem is what has been plainly laid out. We are the worst combination of conditions. We are to injured and our replacement are to young and or to immature to set up.

McGee WILL BE VERY GOOD, but he isn't right now and our vet Center hasn't played a min this year. Blatche who is a PF/SF has filled in ok, but now we don't even have him now. McGee of today and DSong leaves a huge void at center.

Crit is becoming and will be a solid PG, but he is young and inexperienced right now. Our vet is gone and GA ( while not a true PG but can fill the combo role ) hasn't played a min this year. That leaves a huge void at PG.

EG has done and above average job given who he works for, his stupidity in selecting a coach before he selected a GM - again.

So again, If you don't like EG given all the good decisions he has made, I guess you are suggesting we trust in Abe to find us a better GM. If you know anything about this owners history, that my friend is a scary thought and to put it bluntly, a stupid suggestion. I know it may feel good to say fire EG, but you have to come to terms with what you are really recommending. It simply is a terrible recommendation.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#171 » by hands11 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:14 am

DCZards wrote:
Gilbert0Arenas wrote:

Give it break. If the scheme was so bad, then why hasn't it been changed? You talk as if Tapps and Co. are being forced to do EVERYTHING just as EJ did it. You're giving EJ an awful lot of control over a team he hasn't been with for at least three months. You need to recognize that it's the talent on the court that's not getting it done defensively.

EFJ Hired - June 19, 2003
EFJ Fired - Nov 28, 2008
Todays Date - Feb 12, 2009

EFJ in charge - 63 months
Tapps in charge - 2.5 months

Tapps has been in charge 4 % of what EFJ was in charge. I think you would still blame the state of the team on the guy that was in charge 96% of the last 5 years 5 1/2 months over the one that took over during the season and who has only had the team for 2.5 months.

Things like changing a defensive system are things you do in the offseason.

By your logic, Obama should be to blame for the state of this county. Sorry, it doesn't work like that. Just like it's going to take some time for Obama to turn things around, Tapps should not be blamed for this teams current problems.

We haven't even seen him coach the team with a true center or a competent PG yet.

I know some people like to bash Tapps but I'm not on that side. He came into a really tough situation. Maybe one day some bashing will be deserved but I think it would be shoot sighted to be doing it now. I has done some good things. I think he brings some things EFJ didn't. Keep in mind, he hasn't peeked yet either. He hadn't coached in while. He had to get his sea legs back.

I have no problem with EG as head coach over EFJ. If you said we could switch back today, NWIH would I do it. I would rather have Tapps. Now would I give Tapps the boot for Phil... every day of the week and twice on Sunday. But for this team, right now, I think Tapps was a good choice.

Return to Washington Wizards