ImageImageImageImageImage

HDTVs - What rocks for Wiz/Skins Viewing

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Re: HDTVs - What rocks for Wiz/Skins Viewing 

Post#21 » by queridiculo » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:41 am

With the way the market is right now, I think the worst thing you can do is overpay.

Skip the overhyped tech (4k), and go name brand on a 1080P LED. Samsung is a personal favorite. Good quality, great value.

Worth a read:

http://www.reddit.com/r/hometheater/comments/27ssm8/the_2160p_ie_4k_discussion_thread_is_more_than/
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#22 » by dobrojim » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:34 pm

Very true that the market price on TVs will continue to drop. That's why I am personally
waiting.

Second point I think is more important. Do NOT confuse LED backlit TVs which are
still LCD technology with TRUE OLED TVs such as the LG I mentioned above. The
contrast ratios and refresh rates on true OLEDs make them significantly better.

In another year, it is extremely likely there will be many more choices featuring
OLED technology that one could consider. And the prices will almost certainly have
dropped.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#23 » by dobrojim » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:32 pm

Side x side very expensive TVs. Not the 1080 OLED set that I referred to earlier which sells at BB for $2500.
My personal bias is to emphasize where they say that the OLED TVs are more appealing to the
average viewer. Having seen the 55 inch OLED TV at BB, I thought it was fantastic. But I'm waiting
for further price drops. My younger daughter just graduated HS and I will have 2x tuition to pay
for the next 3 years.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/lg-eg9600-vs-samsung-js9500/#ixzz3dW2Y0HDs

In the end, price held a lot of sway. The 65-inch LG EG9600 currently retails for $9,000 while the like-sized Samsung JS9500 goes for $5,000. This forced us to consider whether there would be $4,000 worth of appreciable difference between the two for the sort of consumer interested in a high-ticket television. In the end, we must leave that in the hands of the individual consumer, but for our part, we think the Samsung’s lower price and outstanding performance (albeit inferior to the LG OLED in some respects) will make it a more appealing set.

Still, when it came down to a subjective side-by-side comparison between the two, the OLED won — hands down — in every instance among those polled. There’s just something about that OLED picture quality that is undeniably appealing to the average viewer.

As expected, there is no clear-cut “winner” in a contest such as this, because what makes the “best TV” is a very personal, individual consideration. With that said, both TVs are worth seeing, even if you’ll never be able to see them side-by-side, as we did. This is a very cool time for TV tech, and it’s only going to get more exciting from here. From where we sit, both LG and Samsung came out winners in this battle.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/lg-eg9600-vs-samsung-js9500/#ixzz3dWh0r1cL
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities

Return to Washington Wizards