ImageImageImageImageImage

Season Opener: Wizards vs Nets (Oct. 29)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: Season Opener: Wizards vs Nets (Oct. 29) 

Post#21 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:21 pm

Kanyewest, Stevenson needs to finish strong like that more often!

Watching his old YouTube clips from high school, I saw Stevenson dunking everything in sight. As a pro DS appears to be about 30 pounds heavier and a whole lot less athletic--except on his throwdowns over Richard Jefferson and Gerald Wallace.

If Stevenson attacked the basket and finished better, his FG% would go way up and he'd be a very effective NBA SG.
Bye bye Beal.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#22 » by keynote » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:29 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Kanyewest, Stevenson needs to finish strong like that more often!

Watching his old YouTube clips from high school, I saw Stevenson dunking everything in sight. As a pro DS appears to be about 30 pounds heavier and a whole lot less athletic--except on his throwdowns over Richard Jefferson and Gerald Wallace.

If Stevenson attacked the basket and finished better, his FG% would go way up and he'd be a very effective NBA SG.

I don't think it's the body mass--and I don't think it's for lack of aggressiveness (we've all seen DeShawn charge headlong down the lane with an ill-advised drive). Didn't DeShawn develop knee problems in Utah? That would account for the loss of explosiveness. All things considered, he's done a fairly good job in changing up his game--and acquiring the necessary body type to support his new style.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#23 » by nate33 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:43 pm

Lot's of pessimism here. I think we match up pretty well against the Nets:

- Our only good defender (Deshawn) happens to play the same position as their primary offensive threat.
- Their best defender (Harris) happens to guard a position (PG) from which we expect no offense anyhow.
- Harris can't shoot from the perimeter, which plays nicely into our "Let 'Em Shoot Threes" defensive gameplan.
- Boone isn't all that big so Etan should match up fairly nicely against him. (Etan is hopelessly outmatched by guys like Yao and Z, but he's okay against PF's masquerading as centers.)
- Their worst defender, Yi, is going to have to guard either Butler or Jamison.
MOrgil
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#24 » by MOrgil » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:56 pm

I think Butler and Jamison should be able to carry the Wiz over the Nets. They don't have any answer on defense against our two forwards.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#25 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:11 am

FInally!

Return to Washington Wizards