Wizards in the Media Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,185

Re: Wall Vs Tony Kornheiser 

Post#1061 » by Zonkerbl » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:51 pm

WallWithTheDime wrote:I was listening to Tony Kornballheiser Radio Show ( LOCATED IN WASHINGTON DC)....COUGH COUGH..... He said that Wizards John Wall is wrong and basically bashing any success Wizards had in regards to his comments. I don't know why I listened to this guy. FIRST OF ALL Why say these things and diminish the Wizards success by saying Wizards haven't accomplished anything at all, and haven't done anything in regards to Wall making those comments. Tony Kornball knows nothing about the Wizards I guess and there goals and accomplishments within 1 year and apparently he doesn't care about.

He said this reminds him of RGIII laughing and poking fun. ....Guess what Tony Kornball the wizards are doing things, you aren't covering them anymore. If you don't understand this is a team that needed confidence and YOU ARE THE REASON WALL HAS ALL THIS CRITICISM BY CONSTANTLY UNDERRATING HIM AND HIS PERFORMANCES

I will say this too, I take Kornball's opinion with a grain of salt, when he said Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are a better back court, then said Klay Thompson and Curry are better

He also said "Mr. Wall we will see how you do with these expectations"

Also some girl who was on his radio show said "Who was the wizard who said these young players don't have any leadership capabilities" PAUSED FOR 2 MINUTES....."Oh yea I think it was number 42....whos that guy"
.....some random British guy after a 2 minute pause again said...."he played for Brazil...."oh yea Nene" she said it happened last season.

It seems to me these people know don't know a thing and don't deserve the cheap radio station they have in DC if they DISRESPECT the franchise Point Guard who's coming off their best year they all deserve to have to lose their jobs.

Let's see what Tony Kornball said..... I find it EXTREMELY funny that your buddy Michael Wilbon said very positive things about the Wizards saying they have potential to be #3 IN THE EAST while you showed your true enthusiasm with your dopey remarks about an up and coming team,

http://www.monumentalnetwork.com/videos/michael-wilbon-tony-kornheiser-on-wizards-9-11-14

While we have something to cheer about this year, I hope you have fun making lame comments on ESPN and being a laughing stock, while covering baseball for the majority of the time on your cheap radio station.

P.S When your young you make comments with cockiness arrogance that's how you set yourself up. , if your good you bring it, also HE SAID ALL THIS WHILE AGREEING WITH THIS CO HOSTS THAT MICHAEL PHELPS DESERVES MORE RESPECT AFTER BEING ARRESTED AND THAT HE THINKS HE DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE AFTER SWERVING AND THEY SAID HE HAD A POSSIBILITY OF KILLING PEOPLE AND HIMSELF after Him driving while intoxicated..
gushing about how he's big in Baltimore

PS.S I REMEMBER WHEN STEPH CURRY SAID HE WAS A BETTER OFFENSIVE PLAYER THEN LEBRON AND THE MEDIA ATE IT UP AND SAID OH HE HAS A POINT, HES A BETTER 3P SHOOTER.....ESPN bias.

He had Bob Ryan on earlier talking about books and Jeter thing, wow this guy is real lame, have fun talking about baseball and irrelevant things.
I vouch for the firing of Tony Kornball from espn980

P.S.S if you don't care about the wizards, WHY THE F....are you in DC with your radio station?
Looks like Wall will add tony kornball to his list on his phone

And this might make (tag) MarcoPolo happy

I leave you with a very relevant lyric/quote by rapper Eminem

"But then these critics crucify you, journalists try to burn you
Fans turn on you, attorneys all want a turn at you
To get they hands on every dime you have, they want you to lose your mind
every time you mad"

from the song "Sing for the moment" with sampling from Aerosmith song "Dream on".

Preach it WWTD! Kornheiser is an ignorant dirtbag!
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Re: Wizards in the Media Thread 

Post#1062 » by LyricalRico » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:27 pm

^ Actually Tony came out recently and acknowledged the progress of both Wall and the team overall.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,185

Post#1063 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:58 pm

I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1064 » by Wizardspride » Thu Feb 5, 2015 8:03 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/563422030532726785[/tweet]
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#1065 » by Dat2U » Thu Feb 5, 2015 8:32 pm

Wizardspride wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/563422030532726785[/tweet]

To commemorate the occasion, no defense will be played in Jamison's honor.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1066 » by Wizardspride » Thu Feb 5, 2015 8:43 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/563422030532726785[/tweet]

To commemorate the occasion, no defense will be played in Jamison's honor.

Thats cold...but true. :lol:
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#1067 » by GhostsOfGil » Thu Feb 5, 2015 8:52 pm

Are the Wizards next in line to show a cheesy tribute video?
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#1068 » by nuposse04 » Thu Feb 5, 2015 8:58 pm

I'm kinda irked they aren't doing the same for Arenas. He paid his dues to society and then some, but he made us relevant for a short time period way more so then Jamison.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Re: 

Post#1069 » by Wizardspride » Thu Feb 5, 2015 9:02 pm

nuposse04 wrote:I'm kinda irked they aren't doing the same for Arenas. He paid his dues to society and then some, but he made us relevant for a short time period way more so then Jamison.

The thought crossed my mind as well.

I think Gil will get his due eventually.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#1070 » by keynote » Fri Feb 6, 2015 9:36 pm

Oof. Bad press.

http://deadspin.com/so-the-wizards-aren ... 1684262178

So, The Wizards Aren't Handling This Slump All That Well

..(And: it's a weird, bad offense to begin with! Coach Randy Wittman's got them running hilariously Byzantine sets to produce an endless array of passive 18-footers, like he believes the formula for basketball success is ensuring his team wins the [average shot distance / average shot value] battle. Here's a fun cross-section of stats for Washington fans to recite while punching themselves in the face: the Wizards are the NBA's third most accurate three-shooting team, at 37.9 percent; 27 teams attempt more threes per game than they do, even though Washington is middle-of-the-pack in pace.)

The plunge reached new depths last night in Charlotte, when the desperate and pissed-off Wizards farted away a game they'd mostly controlled during the middle quarters and lost to the mediocre Hornets for the second time in three days. The game changed pretty much as soon as Temple shambled in for Wall with just over two minutes left in the third and the Wizards leading 70-61. By the time Wall checked back in with 8:42 to go in the fourth, the game was tied, the Hornets were playing like the god***n Globetrotters, and his teammates were doing this: [clip of Blair yelling at Hump]
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#1071 » by nate33 » Fri Feb 6, 2015 9:53 pm

keynote wrote:Oof. Bad press.

..(And: it's a weird, bad offense to begin with! Coach Randy Wittman's got them running hilariously Byzantine sets to produce an endless array of passive 18-footers, like he believes the formula for basketball success is ensuring his team wins the [average shot distance / average shot value] battle. Here's a fun cross-section of stats for Washington fans to recite while punching themselves in the face: the Wizards are the NBA's third most accurate three-shooting team, at 37.9 percent; 27 teams attempt more threes per game than they do, even though Washington is middle-of-the-pack in pace.)

The plunge reached new depths last night in Charlotte, when the desperate and pissed-off Wizards farted away a game they'd mostly controlled during the middle quarters and lost to the mediocre Hornets for the second time in three days. The game changed pretty much as soon as Temple shambled in for Wall with just over two minutes left in the third and the Wizards leading 70-61. By the time Wall checked back in with 8:42 to go in the fourth, the game was tied, the Hornets were playing like the god***n Globetrotters, and his teammates were doing this: [clip of Blair yelling at Hump]

Good! Bad press!

Something needs to happen to get Wittman to change his offensive philosophy (or to get him fired altogether). Wittman has done a lot for this team, but I think it's about time we moved on.

We all know the solution to our offensive woes. Play Pierce some minutes at the 4, and have Humphries step another foot back and shoot 3's. Heck, he can camp out and hit corner 3's right now. Over the last 2 years, he's made 4 out of 7 shots from 22 feet. It's a small sample size, but if you look at his shooting from 20-22 feet, you can tell he's a good shooter. Over the last 2 seasons, he has made 28 out of 49 shots from 20-22 feet. That's 57% on a fair number of attempts. Put Humphries in the corner, spot up Beal and Pierce anywhere around the arc, and have Wall and Gortat run the pick and roll. It's not rocket science.
keynote
General Manager

Post#1072 » by keynote » Fri Feb 6, 2015 10:12 pm

nate33 wrote:
keynote wrote:Oof. Bad press.

Good! Bad press!

Something needs to happen to get Wittman to change his offensive philosophy (or to get him fired altogether).

Well, we know he's not gonna change based on bad press from the likes of Deadspin.

FWIW, Reid has now weighed in as well -- and his column really points more at the roster's deficiencies (i.e., at EG) than at Wittman:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wi ... story.html

At 38, Miller is the oldest player in the league. Recently, he has looked it. Garrett Temple, who has supplanted Miller in the rotation, is solid on defense. The Wizards, however, need someone to keep the offense moving during Wall’s short breaks.

Even running the offense more through Nene, an outstanding passer, won’t make up for what the Wizards lose without having an effective backup behind Wall. Unless Miller somehow turns back the clock or the front office makes a move, Wittman will have to lean on Wall more. There’s no place else for Wittman to go.

EG-critical articles get us absolutely *nowhere* -- history has taught us as much. EG is the Triple H to Ted's Vince McMahon. He's family at this point; he's not going anywhere. I've come to grips with the fact that EG is as permanent as Snyder.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1073 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:09 pm

Not the perfect thread to put this in - so mods feel free to move: Bobby D is getting his number retired... in Milwaukee!- to be done in a game vs the Wiz.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1372151#start_here
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1074 » by fishercob » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:54 pm

Ruzious wrote:Not the perfect thread to put this in - so mods feel free to move: Bobby D is getting his number retired... in Milwaukee!- to be done in a game vs the Wiz.

Cool.

I went to see Pearl Jam in Milwaukee in October and the band hung Bobby D's jersey above the stage and made a big deal about how it was a travesty that the Bucks hadn't retired it.

Rock and roll really can change the world.

:-)
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
keynote
General Manager

Post#1075 » by keynote » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:06 am

I missed this Slate article on Wall from last week.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sp ... ecame.html
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1076 » by montestewart » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:53 pm

fishercob wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Not the perfect thread to put this in - so mods feel free to move: Bobby D is getting his number retired... in Milwaukee!- to be done in a game vs the Wiz.

Cool.

I went to Milwaukee in October and the band hung Bobby D's jersey above the stage and made a big deal about how it was a travesty that the Bucks hadn't retired it.

Wait, you're in a band too?
fishercob
RealGM

Post#1077 » by fishercob » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:07 pm

montestewart wrote:
fishercob wrote:

Cool.

I went to see Pearl Jam in Milwaukee in October and the band hung Bobby D's jersey above the stage and made a big deal about how it was a travesty that the Bucks hadn't retired it.

Fixed.
— Steve Martin
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1078 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:38 pm

fishercob wrote:
montestewart wrote:
fishercob wrote:
Cool.

Fixed.

Could Pearl Jam be more awesome, transcendent, superlative...?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
WallWithTheDime
Banned User
And1: 111

Post#1079 » by WallWithTheDime » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:28 am

I sometimes draw these players and I think i'm getting better check this latest one out :)

John Wall
fishercob
RealGM

Post#1080 » by fishercob » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:05 pm

Amin Elhassan rips Gortat pretty hard starting around the 46-minute park.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/ ... d=12757122
— Steve Martin

Return to Washington Wizards