ImageImageImageImageImage

Chicago Bullshizle Game thread anyone?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 378

Re: Chicago Bullshizle Game thread anyone? 

Post#101 » by Benjammin » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:55 am

Caron and Jamison combine for 80 minutes and 5-20 shooting. Jamison did get his oh so valuable double-double. There is nothing like veteran leadership...
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,448

Post#102 » by mhd » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:59 am

One positive I saw tonight (and frankly ever since he got regular PT) is that Critt is the answer to our defensive PG. He's really quick out there and explodes to the hole.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#103 » by dandridge 10 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:00 am

Benjammin wrote:Caron and Jamison combine for 80 minutes and 5-20 shooting. Jamison did get his oh so valuable double-double. There is nothing like veteran leadership...

I could care less how Butler and Jamison did, I'm just mad they got 40 minutes a piece.
Benjammin
Lead Assistant

Post#104 » by Benjammin » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:03 am

Oh, I agree they shouldn't get 40 minutes each, but to get those minutes with that production is even more pathetic.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#105 » by dandridge 10 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:04 am

mhd wrote:One positive I saw tonight (and frankly ever since he got regular PT) is that Critt is the answer to our defensive PG. He's really quick out there and explodes to the hole.

Agreed, but the dude needs serious work on his jump shot.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#106 » by 80sballboy » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:14 am

Crit makes Jason Kidd look like Reggie Miller and Steve Nash combined. He needs a full summer with Dave Hopla but there is something there. He should certainly get more minutes than Mike "shotjack" James at the point.

It's amazing how we talk about "this guy should start, and that guy should start". But you have to realize we have one real starter on this team-Caron Butler. And he's playing out of the norm at 2-guard. Dmac, Blatche, and James are bench players at best and on a good team, Jamison is the sixth man.
gowiz999
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#107 » by gowiz999 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:18 am

Benjammin wrote:Caron and Jamison combine for 80 minutes and 5-20 shooting. Jamison did get his oh so valuable double-double. There is nothing like veteran leadership...

shhhh. You might offend the blind Jamison lovers on here. What a dog he is.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#108 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:20 am

Benjammin wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:One thing I know for sure is this team will NEVER be good defensively if both are at F.

I believe Jamison at SF with a defensive PF would work.

Obviously, Caron with a defensive PF would be an upgrade defensively.

For years I've said they're undersized and porous defensively, Butler with Jamison.

I agree with this. Together they are a poor defensive combination. However, I think Jamison at SF would be nearly as exposed as he is at PF.

Yes, he would. However, his rebounding at SF and his likelihood of taking the ball to the basket instead of settling for jumpers would balance it out. AJ can be effective at SF.

Butler's youth and contract make him obviously the guy to keep at SF. I'm just saying theoretically Jamison IMO should be a SF.
Bye bye Beal.
WizStorm
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#109 » by WizStorm » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:22 am

Benjammin wrote:Oh, I agree they shouldn't get 40 minutes each, but to get those minutes with that production is even more pathetic.
And just after he said that keeping them south of 40 is his goal because that is lot of minutes to put up in such a long season. Would be nice if he actually believed the BS that he tries to peddle to the press.

Glad to see Critter is finally getting some burn. But the over reliance and heavy minutes placed on the veterans without results is beyond ignorant at this point. Slash the veteran time and play the f'n youngsters already Taps. Case in point, the only reason Nick Young is getting consistent minutes and a chance to produce like he did tonight is because DS went down.

It's freaking disgusting to me that someone actually has to go down during this abortion of a season just for the young guys to get some consistent burn. I think Taps is showing himself to be completely selfish in the short term at the expense of the Wizards prospects in the long term.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#110 » by keynote » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:34 am

I just looked at the box score. Etan played over 10 minutes. 0-for-1 from the field. 0 points. 0 rebounds. 0 assists. 0 steals. 0 blocks.

To his credit, he limited himself to 0 turnovers during his time.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
Benjammin
Lead Assistant

Post#111 » by Benjammin » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:06 am

keynote wrote:I just looked at the box score. Etan played over 10 minutes. 0-for-1 from the field. 0 points. 0 rebounds. 0 assists. 0 steals. 0 blocks.

To his credit, he limited himself to 0 turnovers during his time.

Etan needs a new stat. He just had a septuplet-zero tonight.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#112 » by nate33 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:39 am

Yeah, it's too bad he missed one shot. Otherwise, he had zero impact on the game. Amazing.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#113 » by Leto » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Cheryl Miller: "Why doesn't Nick Young get love? Why doesn't he get the minutes? C'mon Tappscott"

I've watched you guys a few times this year and I feel for you guys. What is the major malfunction? Is it just blatant tanking?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#114 » by Ruzious » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:42 pm

Leto wrote:Cheryl Miller: "Why doesn't Nick Young get love? Why doesn't he get the minutes? C'mon Tappscott"

I've watched you guys a few times this year and I feel for you guys. What is the major malfunction? Is it just blatant tanking?

How predictable. Young has 1 real good game out of... how many games have they played this year? And somebody strolls in and says - Well, why doesn't Nick Young get love, George?

If you've watched the team this season, you might have noticed they haven't had their best player and their best defensive player... ya know... playing. And if they were tanking, why would they be playing their veterans extremely high minutes?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#115 » by LyricalRico » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:01 pm

WizStorm wrote:It's freaking disgusting to me that someone actually has to go down during this abortion of a season just for the young guys to get some consistent burn. I think Taps is showing himself to be completely selfish in the short term at the expense of the Wizards prospects in the long term.

:nod:

This has also soured me on Grunfeld because he should have had a better plan in place when he fired EJ. I find it hard to believe that he would turn the team over to Tapscott with no firm instructions on player development and then be completely hands off while the team is run into the ground. But that appears to be what is happening.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#116 » by nate33 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:31 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Leto wrote:Cheryl Miller: "Why doesn't Nick Young get love? Why doesn't he get the minutes? C'mon Tappscott"

How predictable. Young has 1 real good game out of... how many games have they played this year? And somebody strolls in and says - Well, why doesn't Nick Young get love, George?

If you've watched the team this season, you might have noticed they haven't had their best player and their best defensive player... ya know... playing. And if they were tanking, why would they be playing their veterans extremely high minutes?

To be fair, Leto is a Bulls fan who hasn't been watching the Wizards regularly.

Leto, Young started off pretty strong this year but had a tendency to play too much one-on-one ball outside the confines of the offensive system. When Tapscott took over, he tried to rein in Young and gave him a quick hook whenever Young pounded the ball too much. Ultimately, Tapscott overdid it and ended up wrecking Young's confidence. Young became very tentative on offense and stopped attacking the rim. Young began a month long slump and has really played lousy lately. This Chicago game was his first good game in a long time.

So basically, Young hasn't gotten any love because he hasn't deserved it lately. It's not all Young's fault, but nevertheless, poor performance is poor performance. Young hasn't helped the team win ball games.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#117 » by closg00 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:39 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
WizStorm wrote:It's freaking disgusting to me that someone actually has to go down during this abortion of a season just for the young guys to get some consistent burn. I think Taps is showing himself to be completely selfish in the short term at the expense of the Wizards prospects in the long term.

:nod:

This has also soured me on Grunfeld because he should have had a better plan in place when he fired EJ. I find it hard to believe that he would turn the team over to Tapscott with no firm instructions on player development and then be completely hands off while the team is run into the ground. But that appears to be what is happening.

:nod: Agreed! At some point (Grunfeld appears to intervene only when things reach a crisis level) Ernie is going to have to instruct Tap to play Caron & AJ no-more than 30 minutes a game, and to give the rooks full-time minutes.

Return to Washington Wizards