ImageImageImageImageImage

Stevenson bails out on his bill at the bar?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Re: Stevenson bails out on his bill at the bar? 

Post#21 » by BigA » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:52 pm

^That picture still totally cracks me up.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#22 » by miller31time » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:00 pm

No idea if this is true or not, and I'd like to believe it isn't, but my better judgment says it probably is.
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#23 » by FreeBalling » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:40 am

I've got to call BS on this one, lets be real. No name of the bar and any manager with an IQ of 60 or more would call the police or even DS coach.
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#24 » by Rafael122 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:35 am

How do you run an $870 bill at a bar? Is that even possible? How much alcohol do you have to consume to get to that number?
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#25 » by JWizmentality » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:42 am

Rafael122 wrote:How do you run an $870 bill at a bar? Is that even possible? How much alcohol do you have to consume to get to that number?

The better question would be what was that bar serving? :eyebrows:
Da HomeTeam
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#26 » by Da HomeTeam » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:40 pm

Rafael122 wrote:How do you run an $870 bill at a bar? Is that even possible? How much alcohol do you have to consume to get to that number?

Champagne & Patron. Just had a party on Monday at nice spot. These guys go in the club and buy bottles....bottles in the club are like a 300 % mark up. I doubt that it was just "a bar". Bottles typically run from $100 to $1000 depending the brand.

Usually celebs, we not just celebs but people who buy tables at the club have a private hostess that will get them everything they need. Sometimes the service is terrible and the they don't feel they should pay. Had a similar situation at our party...and our celeb guest aint wanna pay for her $500 bottle of champagne.

I don't think this story is completely false but they probaly added a little yeast to it as my daddy would say. Unless the service is $hitty i've never seen or heard about celebs not payin they tab. But I don't put it past 'em either.
R.I.P. #21 - Gone but not forgotten!
tkunit
Head Coach
And1: 7

Post#27 » by tkunit » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:27 pm

who the hell cares if the service is crappy, if you drink the goods you gotta pay.
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#28 » by Induveca » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:36 pm

Sadly enough I've frequented a lot of these types of places in Miami and NYC. I honestly never ran into a club in DC I found was worth visiting that had bottle service (then again all I did was work in DC). But an 800 dollar tab is extremely easy to run up.

I believe this story 100%, as it happens a lot. The hostess MUST get the credit card number up front when granting bottle service/table. People with 2 bottles and a table tend to get, umm.......drunk? They get the card and hold it purely to ensure when the drunken people stumble out of the club they can charge the card. Many times people stumble back in the next day to retrieve their forgotten card.

More than likely they didn't skip out on the bill, they assumed they were holding the card and left trashed without even thinking about it, because they do this every single week. I'd charge the waitress too, she deserves it for being irresponsible. It's crucial to manage these types of tables, provide good service, and most importantly GET PAYMENT INFORMATION before these guys get trashed.

Again, you'd have to understand how these places work. The owner isn't stupid enough to attack DS here because more than likely all the Wiz/NBA players roll in there or have parties. This wasn't a simple bar if they have table service, it was a club. It was her fault. Should DS pay? Of course, and I'm sure he would if approached with no issue. He probably think the owner comped him, as he has probably dropped 50k in this place over the past 2 years. Or he may have never noticed he didn't sign the bill when intoxicated.

It's just how these places are..............
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#29 » by Rafael122 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:01 am

Whatever happened to going to your local liquor store and buying a 12 pack of Miller Lite for $16?
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#30 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:27 am

Rafael122 wrote:Whatever happened to going to your local liquor store and buying a 12 pack of Miller Lite for $16?

DAMN, that's an expensive 12 pack of ML!
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#31 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:26 am

kblack wrote:
BigA wrote:Maybe he couldn't feel his wallet.

This may well be the best one liner in the history of this board! :lol:

I'd have to agree with that.

Usually you have to give a credit card. If she didn't take a card because of who he is, then management sucks if they are going to put that on her.

Besides, call the freakn cops. Call Wizards management.
hands11
Banned User

Post#32 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:32 am

BigA wrote:^That picture still totally cracks me up.

Please get ride of this freakn idiot.

Only crazy person idiot I can remember a team playing well with was Rodman and the only reason they could get away with it was because of the surrounding talent and head coach. Everyone just ends up having an idiot on their team. Send him packing please. We have to many young players to have someone like him around.
hands11
Banned User

Post#33 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:40 am

Induveca wrote:Sadly enough I've frequented a lot of these types of places in Miami and NYC. I honestly never ran into a club in DC I found was worth visiting that had bottle service (then again all I did was work in DC). But an 800 dollar tab is extremely easy to run up.

I believe this story 100%, as it happens a lot. The hostess MUST get the credit card number up front when granting bottle service/table. People with 2 bottles and a table tend to get, umm.......drunk? They get the card and hold it purely to ensure when the drunken people stumble out of the club they can charge the card. Many times people stumble back in the next day to retrieve their forgotten card.

More than likely they didn't skip out on the bill, they assumed they were holding the card and left trashed without even thinking about it, because they do this every single week. I'd charge the waitress too, she deserves it for being irresponsible. It's crucial to manage these types of tables, provide good service, and most importantly GET PAYMENT INFORMATION before these guys get trashed.

Again, you'd have to understand how these places work. The owner isn't stupid enough to attack DS here because more than likely all the Wiz/NBA players roll in there or have parties. This wasn't a simple bar if they have table service, it was a club. It was her fault. Should DS pay? Of course, and I'm sure he would if approached with no issue. He probably think the owner comped him, as he has probably dropped 50k in this place over the past 2 years. Or he may have never noticed he didn't sign the bill when intoxicated.

It's just how these places are..............

Ultra Bar on F street is like this. And yes, in a group, with bottle of Vodka and you mixing your own drinks, trashed is going to happen.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,162

Post#34 » by AFM » Sun Dec 4, 2016 4:47 am

Did this ever get resolved?
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#35 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Dec 4, 2016 5:39 pm

AFM wrote:Did this ever get resolved?

Stop trying to distract us from Antonio Daniels' knee.
In Rizzo we trust
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#36 » by dangermouse » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:13 am

Pay back Wolfish, Spenny!
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
BigA
Analyst

Post#37 » by BigA » Mon Dec 5, 2016 11:52 am

Necro bump of the week. Some nice vintage hands11 DS2 hate.

If we're doomed to relive 2009-2010 we might as well relive some of the funny parts.
BigA
Analyst

Post#38 » by BigA » Mon Dec 5, 2016 12:02 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
BigA wrote:Maybe he couldn't feel his wallet.

:lol:

:rofl:

:rofl2:

So, from what I can tell, LyricalRico reached 30,000 posts in October and hasn't been seen since? Hope he comes back.

Return to Washington Wizards