ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets/Wiz Gamethread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Re: Nets/Wiz Gamethread 

Post#61 » by Halcyon » Thu Feb 5, 2009 2:49 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:The Clippers must have seen the Wiz box score.

88-115 is a 27-point loss.

LAC laid down at 96-125 to the Magic for a 29-point loss.

OKC was also up by double digits at half, but now are only up 3 near the end of the 3rd to the Nuggets.
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#62 » by WizarDynasty » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:04 am

Allowing Jamison to shoot that many three and he's not even a good 3pt shooter shows just how far out of control the wizards culture as become with Jamison as a leader.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
WizarDynasty
Veteran

Post#63 » by WizarDynasty » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:05 am

Allowing Jamison to shoot that many three and he's not even a good 3pt shooter shows just how far out of control the wizards culture as become with Jamison as a leader. He has no business taking 7 three pointer in a game.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
GilArenas88
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#64 » by GilArenas88 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 4:07 am

Jamison's shot selection sometimes make me want to kick the t.v. almost everyone of his shots were contested J's. If Taps had a clue or any balls he'd tell Jamison to never shoot threes unless wide open. Then get his a$$ in the post were he is much more effective, draws fouls, shoots a better %, and gives us some post presence.
GilArenas88
Sixth Man

Post#65 » by GilArenas88 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 4:14 am

And on another note, if the Wiz decide to keep Taps I'm going to write the organization one evil letter.
WizarDynasty
Veteran

Post#66 » by WizarDynasty » Thu Feb 5, 2009 4:52 am

GilArenas88 wrote:And on another note, if the Wiz decide to keep Taps I'm going to write the organization one evil letter.

i don't think you can expect a brand new coach to uproot a player who was deemed team captain for years. Jamison is the dominant personality on the team because he has been in the league the longest. He has the everyone on the wiz roster loyalty because he is a nice guy off the court and good role character model. He just doesn't have the physical tools carry this weight when he is on teh court.
You can't expect a rookie coach with no clout to come in and disrupt the culture that he was partly responsible for creating.
Jamison has tremendous value to the wizard organization off the court due to his huge influence on developing positive characteristics of the players around him. Jamison is just far far past his prime...but trying to live up to his reputation on the court that he has off teh court. He just doesn't have the physical tools to do it.
Tapscott doesn't have the seniority or NBA reputation to challenge Jamison's status. Only solution is to trade Jamison or Get a rookie like Blake--or eventually Blatche that reduces his minutes justifiably in Jamison's eyes since Jamison could easily corrupt the wizard culture if he had a serious grudge against the coach. So Jamison pretty much has management under his thumb if management wants a positive growth culture in Washington.
GilArenas88
Sixth Man

Post#67 » by GilArenas88 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:03 am

Im not talking about uprooting Jamison as a leader, more just holding him accountable for how he plays. Not to mention Jamison is the least of my concerns when it comes to us getting a new coach, we just need a coach that uses his brain
Ced67
Senior

Post#68 » by Ced67 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 8:42 am

WizarDynasty wrote:Allowing Jamison to shoot that many three and he's not even a good 3pt shooter shows just how far out of control the wizards culture as become with Jamison as a leader. He has no business taking 7 three pointer in a game.

Seriously?, I think thats a pretty bold statement to make when the guy had one bad night shooting. Now, Im not the biggest Jamison fan but I don't think his leadership is the problem, look what he has to "lead" on the floor, a bunch of kids trying to find their way in this league. I think the fact that we're not winning right now has more to do with the talent than Jamison's leadership. Also, if Jamison where not the leader on this team, who would be??. It ain't gonna be Gil when he comes back, he already said that. So if we're gonna move Jamison, which I am in favor of, it better be for someone with some type of leadership skills or at least a proven "pro" or the young guys are just gonna follow Gil and on top of what we have right now, there will be a lot of joking around. Jamison is the only one on this team who can actually say something to Gil and I don;t think that should be overlooked. If you think the inmates are running the asylum now, wait until Jamison's gone and its just Gil Now, to reiterate, I am in favor of a Jamison trade, but I also think that he's taking a little to much criticism. Is he worthy of some?, absolutely!!, but look at the rest of this team.
"We kept acquiring projects. Nick is a project. JaVale is a project. Javaris is a project. Eventually when you have enough projects, you live in the 'hood." --Gilbert Arenas

john2jer wrote:Only way we trade [Delonte] West is if Paul, Howard, or Kobe is coming back.
Ced67
Senior

Post#69 » by Ced67 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 8:47 am

WizarDynasty wrote:Allowing Jamison to shoot that many three and he's not even a good 3pt shooter shows just how far out of control the wizards culture as become with Jamison as a leader. He has no business taking 7 three pointer in a game.

Last thing I'll say is this. Why do you think Arenas wanted Jamison back before he signed his contract. Jamison isn't some dominate post player who makes Gil as good as he is. He's not a top5 PG who gets Gil the ball and sets him up. Why would he want him back so bad. I'm convinced its because with Jamison as the veteran leader of this team, it allows Gil to be Gil because he's not a leader. Again Gil has said this publicly. With Jamison here as the leader, Gil can be Gil. I just don't think that should be overlooked.
"We kept acquiring projects. Nick is a project. JaVale is a project. Javaris is a project. Eventually when you have enough projects, you live in the 'hood." --Gilbert Arenas

john2jer wrote:Only way we trade [Delonte] West is if Paul, Howard, or Kobe is coming back.
Ced67
Senior

Post#70 » by Ced67 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 8:59 am

The funny thing is that a few months ago, Eddie Jordan was the sole problem and everything was going to turn around when EJ was gone. Now people are putting the blame on Jamison and the culture around Jamison's leadership. Now the two definitely have there faults but they are the least of the problems. The truth is, the current talent on this team is not very good. Point blank. To blame the state of this team on Jamison's leadership is ridiculous. At least he tries. Name me another person outside of Butler who would even try leading?

spaceman_E
Sixth Man
And1: 30

Post#71 » by spaceman_E » Thu Feb 5, 2009 9:24 am

Ced, I think I get what you are saying, but not everyone needs to be led. As long as the team knows what they are supposed to do and do the jod, all will be fine. Though, most don't know what their job entails yet. Also, I think you are using the wrong word when you say we are short on talent. It's cohesiveness and experience together that we lack. IMO.
You don't win friends with salad.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#72 » by fishercob » Thu Feb 5, 2009 11:47 am

CrankyTodd wrote:Sorted +/- for the game.

M. James -34
D. Songaila -29
A. Jamison -24
D. McGuire -22
N. Young -9
J. Crittenton -7
J. McGee -6
O. Pecherov -4

Listen, Mike James has been amazingly poopy for the most part here, no doubt. But last night, he spent the majority of the time on the court when Harris was, whereas Critt's court time was by and large when Harris sat: http://popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gamef ... ame=NJNWAS

You can't draw much from +/-, especially in one game. I mean, what's the takeaway here -- that we could have played them close if we'd have just given Pesh big minutes?
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#73 » by DaRealHibachi » Thu Feb 5, 2009 12:47 pm

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizard ... ds_88.html

The moment of the night for me came in the fourth quarter when a chant of "E-D-D-I-E J-O-R-D-A-N" went up for a minute or so. It was funny....and sad at the same time, as if Wiz fans really don't know what to do right now. I don't blame them. It's brutal out there.

Damn... this team (from front office to the fans) really lost it...
:beer: Magnumt
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#74 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Feb 5, 2009 12:47 pm

Ced67 wrote:The funny thing is that a few months ago, Eddie Jordan was the sole problem and everything was going to turn around when EJ was gone. Now people are putting the blame on Jamison and the culture around Jamison's leadership. Now the two definitely have there faults but they are the least of the problems. The truth is, the current talent on this team is not very good. Point blank. To blame the state of this team on Jamison's leadership is ridiculous. At least he tries. Name me another person outside of Butler who would even try leading?

Off the court and in the locker room, Eddie Jordan was a MASTER at keeping the chemistry good.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#75 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Feb 5, 2009 12:50 pm

spaceman_E wrote:Ced, I think I get what you are saying, but not everyone needs to be led. As long as the team knows what they are supposed to do and do the jod, all will be fine. Though, most don't know what their job entails yet. Also, I think you are using the wrong word when you say we are short on talent. It's cohesiveness and experience together that we lack. IMO.

spaceman, I agree completely.

It's not talent that's lacking. What's lacking are cohesiveness, unselfishness, and sound coaching philosophy from Tapscott. Not knowing what their job is comes straight from the coach.

Sure, the young guys will make their mistakes, and the floodgates are open on defense with Haywood injured; however, the biggest problems are an "us vs them" from AJ (and CB) to the youth, plus a coach who IMO might not have testicles and is IMO more challenged in understanding +/- than EJ was. Reality doesn't seem to matter. Veteran minutes rule!

Taps plays favorites and talks out of both sides of his neck IMO when it comes to rookie mistakes. He says he doesn't want them to be rushed along (as if to protect McGee), but jerks their minutes like it's nothing. Twice the punishment and none of the rewards the vets get in terms of minutes. Plus, public criticism of youth and favoritism of players like Taps' main man, DeShawn. Guys like McGee, Young, and Pecherov HAVE TO be sick of Tapscott.

I am, too.

PS--The Wizards might as well fire Tapscott and make Antawn the player-coach.
Bye bye Beal.
Notorious_1
Freshman

Post#76 » by Notorious_1 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 12:59 pm

[quote="Chocolate City Jordanaire"

PS--The Wizards might as well fire Tapscott and make Antawn the player-coach.[/quote]

Then we would have the M. Jordan era all over again. I don't want to deal with that and have another skilled big be destroyed by a player coach and UNC alumni. :-?

By the way, just wanted to say Hello...It's my first post even though I've been reading on here for a couple years now.
RealGM

Post#77 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Feb 5, 2009 1:05 pm

DaRealHibachi wrote:http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2009/02/nets_115_wizards_88.html

The moment of the night for me came in the fourth quarter when a chant of "E-D-D-I-E J-O-R-D-A-N" went up for a minute or so. It was funny....and sad at the same time, as if Wiz fans really don't know what to do right now. I don't blame them. It's brutal out there.

Damn... this team (from front office to the fans) really lost it...

To me, at 1-10 and 5 years of futility in the playoffs (bad luck with injuries and bad defense) EJ had run his course. It was time for him to go, but hopefully go somewhere else and do better IMO.

That said, IF the Wizards had traded for James and Crittenton when EJ was here, this team would be doing better than it is now. Jamison, Butler, and others wouldn't be bitching publicly. McGee would be getting burn (but OTOH Blatche wounldn't) and I suspect there would have been a much better chance the Wizards trotted out Arenas and Haywood this season.

Pure speculation. Naysayers will point out Tapscott's doing better than 1-10. IIRC he's 9-29. Oh yeah, he's a winner....
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#78 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Feb 5, 2009 1:13 pm

Notorious_1 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
PS--The Wizards might as well fire Tapscott and make Antawn the player-coach.

Then we would have the M. Jordan era all over again. I don't want to deal with that and have another skilled big be destroyed by a player coach and UNC alumni. :-?

By the way, just wanted to say Hello...It's my first post even though I've been reading on here for a couple years now.

Welcome aboard, Notorious_1 !

Your opinion's as valuable as anybody's and I'm glad you're offering it.

This IS getting like when MJ was here! One guy has a conflict of interest as a player who has too much influence over management and coaching decisions.

Which skilled big are you talking about getting destroyed? Javale or Andray?

To me, both those guys have their heads in the game way better than Kwame did. Jamison doesn't have that much pull over anything but their minutes right now. Also, Kwame's had a whole lot of chances at redemption. MJ and Doug should have talked him up and traded him IMO. Ripping him didn't do anybody any good.
Bye bye Beal.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#79 » by hands11 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 1:32 pm

nate33 wrote:It's kind of crazy when you think about it. The top 7 players on the team last year were Arenas, Butler, Haywood, Jamison, Daniels, Stevenson and Blatche. We are currently playing this game without 6 of them.

Yeah, Tapps sucks.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#80 » by hands11 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 1:44 pm

Ced67 wrote:

Seriously?, I think thats a pretty bold statement to make when the guy had one bad night shooting. Now, Im not the biggest Jamison fan but I don't think his leadership is the problem, look what he has to "lead" on the floor, a bunch of kids trying to find their way in this league. I think the fact that we're not winning right now has more to do with the talent than Jamison's leadership. Also, if Jamison where not the leader on this team, who would be??. It ain't gonna be Gil when he comes back, he already said that. So if we're gonna move Jamison, which I am in favor of, it better be for someone with some type of leadership skills or at least a proven "pro" or the young guys are just gonna follow Gil and on top of what we have right now, there will be a lot of joking around. Jamison is the only one on this team who can actually say something to Gil and I don;t think that should be overlooked. If you think the inmates are running the asylum now, wait until Jamison's gone and its just Gil Now, to reiterate, I am in favor of a Jamison trade, but I also think that he's taking a little to much criticism. Is he worthy of some?, absolutely!!, but look at the rest of this team.

+2

Return to Washington Wizards