ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Thread - Wizards at Bucks (2/28/09)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Who will prevail?

Wiz dancer Myra
43%
Energee! dancer Ashley
43%
Who cares? I luv the ongoing Luv-a-Bull photos!
14%

Total votes: 7

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Official Thread - Wizards at Bucks (2/28/09) 

Post#81 » by hands11 » Mon Mar 2, 2009 4:41 am

LyricalRico wrote:Young wasn't coached by EJ long enough to be an idiot defensively.

Nick is just quick and long. As long as he gives effort, he should be good defensively.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,115

Post#82 » by Dat2U » Mon Mar 2, 2009 7:51 am

TheBigThree wrote:
FreeBalling wrote:I'd trade DSONG just to get McGee in the game more, dont get me wrong, he's a smart center but he's too small for the 5spot.

My sig, I'm a Raider. (Silver & Black)
I'm not going to argue your other points, because frankly, I agree. McGee isn't ready to make the jump Dmac has, but that's perfectly fine. That said, Darius isn't a 5. When he's playing PF he's excellent.

Your right, Darius isn't a 5. McGee isn't ready for major minutes, although it seems like a 14-win team would make time for him considering were not winning with Songaila in there.

But Songaila even when playing PF is not all the special. He's definitely not "excellent". He's exceedingly average and mediocre.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#83 » by Dat2U » Mon Mar 2, 2009 8:01 am

hands11 wrote:
closg00 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:hands, I wondered about DMac's lack of rebounds yesterday, too.

Nick Young's getting on my nerves with the fadeaways and with not stepping into his thee point shot. three point shooting. He should be doing better. If I didn't know the guy's a stone cold scorer I'd be worried about him.

He had 30 against Milwaukee earlier in the season.

What's consistent is that Young has no clue on defense. However, until a new coach comes in I'll give Young a pass in that area, too.

Don't we have a coaching staff? Why is Young STILL refusing to spot-up and shoot the damn ball when he is open :evil: ...it's a fadeaway or nothing at all for Young. Damn! :evil:

Or maybe they are telling him this and he just can't help himself. So he does his thing and then he get pulled or less minutes and then everyone complains about that. I know Tapps was on him earlier about catch the ball and do something with it. Shoot, pass, drive, or drive and dish. He told him to stop pounding the dame rock moving sideways. Well, then Nick got all messed up and everyone got on Tapps for ruining Nick.

Seems some people just want to complain no matter what is happening.

Um, were a 14-win team. My question is, why wouldn't you expect alot of complaining? This season as been indescribably bad. The games are awful to watch. The coaching staff & these mediocre veterans rather throw the kids under the bus than be held accountable for their actions.

I hate yet to hear a coach or vet on this team this year say "it was my fault" or "i take responsibility".

I hate this team. I hate the way the veterans have played. I hate the coaching staff for playing favorites. I hate the lack of development of our young guys and bottom line, I hate watching this team play. Their awful. Our head coach is awful. Not sure why you seem pleased with E-Tap but that's your prerogative. Heck, your about the only one. Most of us aren't happy with what's going on or the so-called "progress" taking place. This season has been a waste. Watching the Wizards blow chunks night in and night out have been a waste. I'm sorry hands, I take nothing positive out of this season. Even EJ getting canned this year has not been worth the crap we've had to endure.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#84 » by Dat2U » Mon Mar 2, 2009 8:42 am

hands11 wrote:
closg00 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:hands, I wondered about DMac's lack of rebounds yesterday, too.

Nick Young's getting on my nerves with the fadeaways and with not stepping into his thee point shot. three point shooting. He should be doing better. If I didn't know the guy's a stone cold scorer I'd be worried about him.

He had 30 against Milwaukee earlier in the season.

What's consistent is that Young has no clue on defense. However, until a new coach comes in I'll give Young a pass in that area, too.

Don't we have a coaching staff? Why is Young STILL refusing to spot-up and shoot the damn ball when he is open :evil: ...it's a fadeaway or nothing at all for Young. Damn! :evil:

Or maybe they are telling him this and he just can't help himself. So he does his thing and then he get pulled or less minutes and then everyone complains about that. I know Tapps was on him earlier about catch the ball and do something with it. Shoot, pass, drive, or drive and dish. He told him to stop pounding the dame rock moving sideways. Well, then Nick got all messed up and everyone got on Tapps for ruining Nick.

Seems some people just want to complain no matter what is happening.

Um, were a 14-win team. My question is, why wouldn't you expect alot of complaining? This season as been indescribably bad. The games are awful to watch. The coaching staff & these mediocre veterans rather throw the kids under the bus than be held accountable for their actions.

I hate yet to hear a coach or vet on this team this year say "it was my fault" or "i take responsibility".

I hate this team. I hate the way the veterans have played. I hate the coaching staff for playing favorites. I hate the lack of development of our young guys and bottom line, I hate watching this team play. Their awful. Our head coach is awful. Not sure why you seem pleased with E-Tap but that's your prerogative. Heck, your about the only one. Most of us aren't happy with what's going on or the so-called "progress" taking place. This season has been a waste. Watching the Wizards blow chunks night in and night out have been a waste. I'm sorry hands, I take nothing positive out of this season. Even EJ getting canned this year has not been worth the crap we've had to endure.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,391

Post#85 » by doclinkin » Mon Mar 2, 2009 4:43 pm

Dat2U wrote: I'm sorry hands, I take nothing positive out of this season. Even EJ getting canned this year has not been worth the crap we've had to endure.

I take three positives out of this season, possibly four:

Antonio Daniels was on a steep decline. In Javaris we got a young replacement who may pan out, for little real cost.

The development of Dom McGuire.

For better or worse (way worse for now, maybe better later) I don't know if I could take another year's worth of people whining about the coach. ETapp hasn't been even decent, but nobody complains because the expectations are lower. He's a stopgap, doing the best he can despite the shortcomings.

The possible fourth thing is the lotto pick, or whatever it represents in trade. Reserving judgment on that one to see how it shakes out. Though for most on the board, this is the key reason why nobody is complaining. Hope. Blake Griffin is the mantra. Just got to believe.

Return to Washington Wizards