ImageImageImageImageImage

Can of whup-ass, Spurs style. Game thread.

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Can of whup-ass, Spurs style. Game thread. 

Post#41 » by hands11 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 12:20 am

DaRealHibachi wrote:
WizarDynasty wrote:Critt looked horrible defensively. How many driving lanes did he give up to tony parker. Critt is starting to look just as bad as gil on defense. I had a feeling when we picked him up based on agility scores on draft express that he wasn't really good stopping driving lanes against really quick point guards and this game proved it.
Folks, Critt looks just as bad as gilbert and he has even shorter arms. Critt really disappointing with his defense. Parker literally left him flat flooted at the top of the key. This is very very troubling sign and it tell me Grunfeld once again is a poor judge of defensive talent at the p/g spot and once again...We are horrible defensively at the p/g and grunfeld has done nothing to address this problem. GA is horrible with his lateral movement and critt. is too.
We are better off having DMAC guarding point guards. I still think our best bet is get aminu at s/f with dmac guarding p/g so we can let gil guard s/g...since Critt. displayed his poor ability to stop driving lanes against quick point guards which was the sole purpose for what we needed in a backup point guard since that one of the few things gilbert can't do defensively. Great job Grunfeld.

Excuse Critt for not being able to guard one of the best PG's in the NBA... You're probably that kinda guy that would say Kobe is a bad defender if anyone had a good night against him...

I don't even know why i keep responding to your nonsense... I really don't...

Kobe is a good defender ?
Ced67
Senior
And1: 0

Post#42 » by Ced67 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 3:28 am

hands11 wrote:
miller31time wrote:At this point in the season, whenever I see Darius Songaila hit a shot or have a good game, I basically say to myself "What good came of that?".

As NBA fans, and specifically, Wizards fans, we always have to have a end-goal in mind. So for this season, the goal is to improve as a team and get the young guys some minutes. We aren't winning a championship. We aren't making the playoffs. We aren't even in the discussion of being on the outside looking in at the playoffs.

So once again....what good does Darius Songaila serve? What good does giving him the amount of minutes serve? He's been playing decent basketball, but does that have any impact on this organization's goals?

Just thinking out loud, and I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I just need to vent.

Yes it has made a difference. Strange you can't understand how. His example of how the play the game is the best thing for McGee. Now McGee will also have Haywood to learn from. They have done in developing McGee this season. He had a lot to learn. Recently, I see him getting out on the screen and roll DSong style. Where do you think he picked that up.

You don't need to teach him to ally opp. He already gets that. He needs help rounding out the rest of his game by adding the stuff DMAC does. DMAC gets minutes. Nick Young not as much. The reasons are clear. McGee has gotten his minutes.

Throwing NY out there for some black top ball doesn't do much for the team or N1on5

N1on5 is classic, I'll be using that one for the rest of the season.
"We kept acquiring projects. Nick is a project. JaVale is a project. Javaris is a project. Eventually when you have enough projects, you live in the 'hood." --Gilbert Arenas

john2jer wrote:Only way we trade [Delonte] West is if Paul, Howard, or Kobe is coming back.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#43 » by hands11 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 6:20 am

Ced67 wrote:
hands11 wrote:
miller31time wrote:At this point in the season, whenever I see Darius Songaila hit a shot or have a good game, I basically say to myself "What good came of that?".

As NBA fans, and specifically, Wizards fans, we always have to have a end-goal in mind. So for this season, the goal is to improve as a team and get the young guys some minutes. We aren't winning a championship. We aren't making the playoffs. We aren't even in the discussion of being on the outside looking in at the playoffs.

So once again....what good does Darius Songaila serve? What good does giving him the amount of minutes serve? He's been playing decent basketball, but does that have any impact on this organization's goals?

Just thinking out loud, and I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I just need to vent.

Yes it has made a difference. Strange you can't understand how. His example of how the play the game is the best thing for McGee. Now McGee will also have Haywood to learn from. They have done in developing McGee this season. He had a lot to learn. Recently, I see him getting out on the screen and roll DSong style. Where do you think he picked that up.

You don't need to teach him to ally opp. He already gets that. He needs help rounding out the rest of his game by adding the stuff DMAC does. DMAC gets minutes. Nick Young not as much. The reasons are clear. McGee has gotten his minutes.

Throwing NY out there for some black top ball doesn't do much for the team or N1on5

N1on5 is classic, I'll be using that one for the rest of the season.

Thanks but I can't take all the credit. It was the birth child of me being annoyed by that one poster getting on me for calling him NY. So I was thinking about the N1 thing which didn't work any farther then it was his first initial and number. He has been far from And 1, so N1on5 was born because.... well it fits.

That said, he hasn't been N1on5 as much the last 2 games. So many there is hope for the kid. He actually did a catch and shoot successfully tonight and another play he caught is baseline, made a quick short move and popped it in. I actually looked like he was trying to play a DMAC like game tonight.

To bad I didn't come up with it sooner.

Return to Washington Wizards