ImageImageImageImageImage

Beware the Ides of March (Wiz vs. Kings)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Re: Beware the Ides of March (Wiz vs. Kings) 

Post#21 » by FreeBalling » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:59 pm

Benjammin wrote:This is a an absolutely monumental tank game. We need to get our tank on and fast before Sac overwhelms us with their tanking skills.

If Flush Tap had any balls he'd take one for the team and put in OPEC.

FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
Mr. Grundle
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#22 » by Mr. Grundle » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:01 am

Look at that...Crittenton drives the lane and kicks to Jamison who swings it to Young for a wide open 3. The exact same play that burns the Wiz 14 times a night, but we have been unable to execute since Gil went out, because we didn't have a guard that drive the lane.

Tankscott cannot be serious about Mike James being ahead of Crittenton on the depth chart.
beretta90
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#23 » by beretta90 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:17 am

so juan plays a good game than gets pullled for mike james stupid ass, wow tapscott is an idiot. i dont understand his phlosiphy. not only is juan a better shooter and fouls hooter but is younger n has more heart.
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 378

Post#24 » by Benjammin » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:22 am

Kevin Martin has tanked like a pro in the 4th quarter. It will be hard to catch Sacramento if we have two more wins than them with 15 to play (assuming the Wizards win this game).
Mr. Grundle
Sophomore

Post#25 » by Mr. Grundle » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:22 am

Juan Dixon yer mouth!
Mr. Grundle
Sophomore

Post#26 » by Mr. Grundle » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:31 am

We tanked hard for this loss, only to be screwed by astute and accurate officiating. How depressingly ironic.
Benjammin
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by Benjammin » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:32 am

M-fer Martin finishes a heroic tank of a quarter.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#28 » by closg00 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:32 am

:rofl2: That would have been a sweet loss :lol:
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#29 » by DaRealHibachi » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:36 am

McGuire with another big game...

5pts, 9ast, 8reb, 3 blk, 1 stl....
:beer: Magnumt
beretta90
Ballboy

Post#30 » by beretta90 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:45 am

we win without caron butler. i think its because hes a terrible ball hog and we play more as a team w/o him. all we gotta do next is get rid of jamison and we have a team. not a losing scoring duo. anyone can score 20 ppg if they jack up 25 shots like jamison and butler do
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#31 » by nate33 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:51 am

DaRealHibachi wrote:McGuire with another big game...

5pts, 9ast, 8reb, 3 blk, 1 stl....

:love:
TheBigThree
Starter
And1: 124

Post#32 » by TheBigThree » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:56 am

beretta90 wrote:we win without caron butler. i think its because hes a terrible ball hog and we play more as a team w/o him. all we gotta do next is get rid of jamison and we have a team. not a losing scoring duo. anyone can score 20 ppg if they jack up 25 shots like jamison and butler do

I love Butler as a second option with Arenas to create, but without Arenas, CB is a black hole.

That was not a game I particularly wanted to win, especially not in that fashion.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#33 » by miller31time » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:57 am

OMG our post-game announcers are HORRIBLE.

"Antawn Jamison, statistically, can match up against anyone who's anyone in this league. Statistically, he's right there with the LeBron's, the Kobe's..."

(Paraphrased)

Are you friggin kidding me? There's being a fan, there's being a homer, and then there's being a moron.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#34 » by nate33 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:59 am

beretta90 wrote:we win without caron butler. i think its because hes a terrible ball hog and we play more as a team w/o him. all we gotta do next is get rid of jamison and we have a team. not a losing scoring duo. anyone can score 20 ppg if they jack up 25 shots like jamison and butler do

Yeah, dump Butler and Jamison and we'd dominate. :roll:

I'm really losing patience with the Jamison bashing. Jamison happens to be having the best season of his career. Opposing teams are loading up on him every night yet he responds by posting the highest PER, the highest offensive rating and second-highest per-minute scoring average of his career (ignoring the Dallas season when he was a 6th man).

I can understand wanting to trade him for salary and age reasons, but it's pretty damn hard to bash his play. The man is producing every night with remarkable consistency.
Benjammin
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by Benjammin » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:18 am

The Jamison bashing from some of us stems, I believe, from his constant whiny harping about the young guys as if he has five rings. Jamison plays hard and is a professional, but he's also faux when it comes to being a complete player. He's faux when he says all the right things so smoothly and then goes out and gives up nearly as much as he gets. He's like a sugary breakfast cereal with empty calories and no fiber. He and Caron act like they're all-stars and then they passively aggressively pout when they can't manage more than 16 wins out of 67 games and throw the young guys under the bus at every opportunity.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#36 » by JWizmentality » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:18 am

I don't hate Jamison...I hate his game.
beretta90
Ballboy

Post#37 » by beretta90 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:28 am

if the coach would limit jamison and butler to 12 shots a game tops unless there on we'd win more and when everyone is getting touches we play better. jamison and butler take rediculous shots alot of the time that make no sense. nick youg is also starting to shoot too much. he is a good shooter but when u take smarter shots the team will play better. i would also like to say 1 thing i am happy about is stevenson being hurt cuz he is absoultely terrible n should be waived. my honest opinion is he is the worst guard on the team by far. common arenas!
Benjammin
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by Benjammin » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:34 am

JWizmentality wrote:I don't hate Jamison...I hate his game.

I can totally co-sign on this, except for the fact that Jamison has never acknowledged (as far as I know) his shortcomings on the defensive end. He doesn't take responsibility for his play, but hides behind that attractive smile and warm relationship with the media. I could live with that, but then he compounds that with pointing the finger at his young teammates. Well Mr. Jamison, take the plank out of your own eye before pointing out the specks in the eyes of your young teammates.
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#39 » by FreeBalling » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:40 am

Benjammin wrote:The Jamison bashing from some of us stems, I believe, from his constant whiny harping about the young guys as if he has five rings. Jamison plays hard and is a professional, but he's also faux when it comes to being a complete player. He's faux when he says all the right things so smoothly and then goes out and gives up nearly as much as he gets. He's like a sugary breakfast cereal with empty calories and no fiber. He and Caron act like they're all-stars and then they passively aggressively pout when they can't manage more than 16 wins out of 67 games and throw the young guys under the bus at every opportunity.

Ben, I happen to agree with AJ.

What if the young guys did what he said? He is leading by example.

If I was GM I'd get him some new players if things did not change.

11th in PPG @ 21.9 and 6th in Double/Double 33 who is going to replace him?

The guy is getting it done night in and night out.
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#40 » by closg00 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:05 am

A minor co-sign, Caron's current game is just a reflection of years of bad coaching under EFJ & now Tap.
The "vets" pretty-much get to do whatever they want. You would never see Caron's shot-jacking play with a team like the Spurs, he would get hook but-fast until he learned to play team-ball.

Return to Washington Wizards