ImageImageImageImageImage

Jamison appreciation thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

omegatronic3
Junior
And1: 5

Jamison appreciation thread 

Post#1 » by omegatronic3 » Sat Apr 4, 2009 6:45 am

I think it's about time Jamison deserves props for being a rock this season. He played just about every game from what I recall and put up a consistent 20 and 10 every night. I hope his professionalism rubs off on the youngsters on the team. He deserves to be back next season when we're actually good.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Re: Jamison appreciation thread 

Post#2 » by nate33 » Sat Apr 4, 2009 4:52 pm

Jamison is posting career highs (as a starter) in PER, TS% and ORtg and pace-adjusted points per minute. He's having his second-best season (as a starter) in rebound rate, assist percentage, and turnover percentage. He's also leading the league in minutes played. His across the board improvement in efficiency is truly remarkable considering the minutes he is playing and the lack of quality teammates to draw defensive attention.

He is easily having his best season as a pro.
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 378

Post#3 » by Benjammin » Sat Apr 4, 2009 5:15 pm

I thought it was interesting it took 10 hours for someone to give Mr. Jamison some appreciation. Seriously though, nate's numbers are impressive. Let's hope soon he can post career highs in these stats as a super sub.
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#4 » by DaRealHibachi » Sat Apr 4, 2009 5:18 pm

Havent been too fond of him this season, but the man is a professional... He can score, from almost anywhere, hard worker... Still dont like his D, but with Wood back, he will also get better... Cause I remember him being passable last year...

Gotta give him some credit...
:beer: Magnumt
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#5 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Apr 4, 2009 7:37 pm

I've hated on him a lot in the past but he's grown on me this year.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#6 » by JWizmentality » Sat Apr 4, 2009 7:39 pm

Upstanding human being...but I loathe his contract.
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#7 » by FreeBalling » Sun Apr 5, 2009 11:55 am

nate33 wrote:Jamison is posting career highs (as a starter) in PER, TS% and ORtg and pace-adjusted points per minute. He's having his second-best season (as a starter) in rebound rate, assist percentage, and turnover percentage. He's also leading the league in minutes played. His across the board improvement in efficiency is truly remarkable considering the minutes he is playing and the lack of quality teammates to draw defensive attention.

He is easily having his best season as a pro.

Some people will never get it with AJ, I see him as a Leader, True Professional, Master of the Flip Shot, Pure Shooter, Double Double Man, High Basketball IQ and a Washington Wizard.

Others on the board only complain about the tools AJ is lacking. Keep in mind they are the people who bitch about not having any Oranges when they bought Limes. He is who he is.

Go Figure!
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#8 » by BigA » Sun Apr 5, 2009 2:20 pm

I appreciate Antawn.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#9 » by fishercob » Sun Apr 5, 2009 7:51 pm

I appreciate Antawn a great deal, defensive shortcomings aside.

It occurs to me, however, that Jamison has a unique motivation to not tank. If the Wiz win the lottery, Jamison's out of a job (sooner or later) in a place where he's become quite rooted and happy.

I think Jamison would love if we didn't get Blake and made a trade with the pick to help the roster in other ways. He wants to win as the captain of this crew.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#10 » by Ruzious » Sun Apr 5, 2009 10:15 pm

Love the intangibles; like the player; hate the contract.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Post#11 » by Scabs304 » Sun Apr 5, 2009 10:58 pm

Don't think he contract is that bad and I like the effort he put outs every night. Would be in love with Jamison if he could just play defense at the 4 or the 3...
I am Scabs.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#12 » by DCZards » Mon Apr 6, 2009 5:46 pm

I'm on board when it comes to giving Jamison some well-deserved props...especially given his impressive, never-say-die attitude and play this season. AJ gets beat up on this board just about every day and all he ever does is go out and play hard and behave like the consummate pro on and off the court...day in and day out. Yes, his defense suck but he is what he is.

As far as AJ having a "unique motivation to not tank," few, if any, professional athletes subscribe to the idea of tanking. They would have never gotten to the pro level if they were quitters. Tanking is a fan thing.

Return to Washington Wizards