ImageImageImageImageImage

Luck be a Lady Tonight -- Draft Lottery, May 19

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

MF23
Veteran
And1: 0

Re: Luck be a Lady Tonight -- Draft Lottery, May 19 

Post#521 » by MF23 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:22 am

I didn't think I would care but to end up with the worse possible scenario has frustrated me.
Et tu Bilas.
MD
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#522 » by miller31time » Wed May 20, 2009 1:25 am

Great, so after an entire year of misery, we get Jordan Hill, Stephen Curry or James Harden.

So happy.

GRR.
brassviews
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#523 » by brassviews » Wed May 20, 2009 1:27 am

I fully expect you guys to package the pick for a veteran shooting guard
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#524 » by keynote » Wed May 20, 2009 1:27 am

Okay... So, any chance the Wizards trade *up*?

The Clips are taking Griffin, but will the Grizz absolutely take Rubio? They already have Conley and Mayo.

Is Rubio worth what it would take to move up three slots?
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#525 » by closg00 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:27 am

You gotta think that Ernie will do everything that he can to move this pick
Ji
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#526 » by Ji » Wed May 20, 2009 1:29 am

this is probably the most disastrous night in Wizards history and thats saying alot. I am so disgusted
AgentOvechkin08
Pro Prospect

Post#527 » by AgentOvechkin08 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:30 am

Derozan is my dark horse. I know he is a project type player but when you say that P word, well his is through the roof and in outer space.
GO SKINS
GO WIZ
GO CAPS

GO DC BABY

maybe the Nats, in like 10 years
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#528 » by LyricalRico » Wed May 20, 2009 1:30 am

keynote wrote:Okay... So, any chance the Wizards trade *up*?

The Clips are taking Griffin, but will the Grizz absolutely take Rubio? They already have Conley and Mayo.

People are already saying that the Griz will take Rubio and trade Conley, maybe to Portland. It makes sense cuz it would mean that the cheap MEM organization would get another guy on a rookie contract instead of having to pay Conley in a couple years. They can also probably use Conley to unload Jaric's contract.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#529 » by doclinkin » Wed May 20, 2009 1:30 am

P'Oed wrote:We might as well just go ahead and grab Dave Neal. Like what the hell is the difference.

Alright, this actually had me bust out laughing. F*** it. Draft Dave Neal, we'll kill 'em all anyway. The bastards. F@#% David Stern, fate, the Cavs, the bastard Clippers, the whole lot. Draft Dave Neal. Why the hell not.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#530 » by miller31time » Wed May 20, 2009 1:31 am

closg00 wrote:You gotta think that Ernie will do everything that he can to move this pick

Who's going to want it, though?

Who's going to be there at 5 that isn't going to be there at 10 or 12?
Ji
Banned User

Post#531 » by Ji » Wed May 20, 2009 1:32 am

miller31time wrote:
closg00 wrote:You gotta think that Ernie will do everything that he can to move this pick

the player picked at 5
Ji
Banned User

Post#532 » by Ji » Wed May 20, 2009 1:32 am

just imagine how bad this night would of been if John Wall had came out
McGeeNArenas
Banned User

Post#533 » by McGeeNArenas » Wed May 20, 2009 1:33 am

hands11 wrote:Bring me Curry. This was who I was targeting for us anyway.

Just never had the vision of Blake being here. I was kind of excited about Rubio though. But it's fine.

Only time will tell if this was a good thing or a bad thing. I wouldn't over react to much at this point.

Hopefully we figure out a way to get Wall next year. Should be interesting watching him in college this year.

We are still going to be awesome next year.

what kind of (Please Use More Appropriate Word) plan is it to bring in an undersized sg who can't play defense or be a starter in this league with the 5th pick? I'm sure we need more garbage players with no d.

:roll:
The Consiglieri
Starter
And1: 510

Post#534 » by The Consiglieri » Wed May 20, 2009 1:33 am

The problem is, unless one of these tier 2 guys blows people away in camps (or have they already happened?) before the draft, nobody's gonna give a rats arse who has the 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th pick etc. They sure as hell aren't going to want to trade a legit shooting guard or anything else for a poor slot in a poor draft lacking in any top end talent. We won't get anything worth a damn for this pick unless someone is desperate for an expiring deal or something. I think we're stuck, I don't like Hill at all, I'd rather have Curry, Evans, or Harden or DeRozan, who at least brings some mystery, rather get a guy who might have a big ceiling, than guys we know will have mediocre at best ceilings. This was just epic fail. I cannot believe how horrible this went, and hell, we were all prepared, it wasn't like we'd ever actually had any luck on draft day, be it in how the lottery played out or in whom we selected (we couldn't even get Howard right, screwing the pooch in the contract offer).
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#535 » by closg00 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:33 am

Of-course the Wiz assisted in their-own demise by sending Flip Saunders to represent us. The Last time FLip attended the draft lottery for Minnesota, Minny received the 5th pick also.
tsvqt
Veteran
And1: 22

Post#536 » by tsvqt » Wed May 20, 2009 1:33 am

miller31time wrote:
tsvqt wrote:I abstained from the site all year long, doing my best BLAKE GRIFFIN ritual, and was beaten by the dreaded CURSE!! What'da??? I feel sick to my stomach. I mean REALLY SICK TO MY STOMACH!! This hurts bad. Someone pray with me that the black cloud......no, I'm not even gonna call the cloud black......them demon cloud that hovers over this city, be removed!! Right here...Right now!! AMEN!!

By the way, I have missed you guys :(

Glad to see you're alright. You had us worried, dude.

Actually, now is the time to start worrying about me. Dude, I was ready to become a season ticket holder and everything!! Heck, if we'd have landed the #1 pick and BLAKE GRIFFIN, I would have bought a family pack.....and I have 7 in my household!! (lol)...... Sure, we'd be eating potted meat and saltines on a nightly basis, but we'd be watching a team with some toughness, and competing with the NBA elite on a nightly basis.

I don't even think we are capable of pulling off my plan 1A......if we were'nt able to get the #1, we'd somehow trade for AMARE STOUDAMIRE. Not happening!!!!!
I am soooooooooo lost right now. Now we'll see the mocks and who we SHOULD draft. Put me down for trading out of the 2009 draft, and adding a 2010 1st rd'er. To H*LL with this draft!!

p.s. I haven't read any of the trade post, but if anyone has suggested trading for RIP HAMILTON, sign me up for that one as well.
Retired Air Force
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#537 » by keynote » Wed May 20, 2009 1:33 am

LyricalRico wrote:

People are already saying that the Griz will take Rubio and trade Conley, maybe to Portland. It makes sense cuz it would mean that the cheap MEM organization would get another guy on a rookie contract instead of having to pay Conley in a couple years. They can also probably use Conley to unload Jaric's contract.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Sorry, cheap bastards.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#538 » by miller31time » Wed May 20, 2009 1:33 am

Ji wrote:
miller31time wrote:

the player picked at 5

Talking about the caliber of player, not the specific player.

You can pretty much group Curry, Henderson, Derozan, Harden, etc into the same pile. Not much separates one from the other.
McGeeNArenas
Banned User

Post#539 » by McGeeNArenas » Wed May 20, 2009 1:35 am

i hate this team

seriously, every year I become less and less of a fan of the Wizards.......I'm not a blind follower of sports teams like most of you to put up with this ****....sports is meant to be enjoyed, not a test to see how much poor management and greed you can stand from a team. If I don't see genuine effort from EG that this team is improving, I'm washing my hands with them...and those of you who attack me for this, **** you beforehand.

our team is a complete joke........how the **** do they expect to compete with the worst "big 3" of all time.

I was so happy we were losing this year and was so happy when arenas went out because I expected real change since Arenas and Haywood missed all that time so we couldn't get into the playoffs for a round and get knocked out...now we're back to the same ****........getting into the playoffs and out before we know it.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#540 » by Ruzious » Wed May 20, 2009 1:36 am

LyricalRico wrote:

Conley reunited with Oden? They won a championship in their only college year, and wow - Portly was already good.

Guys, we're going to be fine. This was a draft that - if you don't get the 1st pick, you might as well take the 5th. And drink a 5th. It's all up to Ernie and Abe now. They have the chance to do good.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Washington Wizards